Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2006 4:37:40 PM EDT
And I think I could take over that country by myself and have time for a nice lunch at the Marriott.

G
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:40:18 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted: And I think I could take over that country by myself and have time for a nice lunch at the Marriott. G
Liberian history should be part of American civics classes under the heading "How to run a country into the dirt".
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:44:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Delete (I thought you posted Libya instead of Liberia).
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:46:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Why is Maummar Al-Qaddafi still a colonel? He's the main man and he could have promoted himself a long time ago and who would complain?

Probably the Lybians.  Who are Arab and on the north coast of Africa.  Certainly not the Liberians, who are Africans and on the Atlantic coast of Africa.

G
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:48:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Why is Maummar Al-Qaddafi still a colonel? He's the main man and he could have promoted himself a long time ago and who would complain?

Your thinking of Libya.  You caught it.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:59:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
And I think I could take over that country by myself and have time for a nice lunch at the Marriott.

G

Watch disc 2 from the Lord Of War DVD , in fact much of the movie
deals with Liberia .
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:05:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Where is the guy wearing the Life Jacket?
Interesting mortars tactics.
On Discovery Times Channel for those interested.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:08:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your thinking of Libya.  You caught it.

Nonetheless, it still is a perplexing question.

For the OP... I would never even think about going up against the Liberian Liberation Posse...
they kick ass!

home.comcast.net/~bfd750/monrovianzombies.mpg
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:11:34 PM EDT
[#8]
LOL.  Did you see how far that heavy MG pushed the Toyota back?  Dude, set parking brake, then fire weapon.

G
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:26:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Allow me to introduce you to MY post on Liberia - Dupe!

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=428843
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:59:06 AM EDT
[#10]
I ( along with other Marines ) made it on that documentary, the older footage they used when we were there in 90 and the mid 90's, I was the Marine taking a knee waiting on the helo's....

Did you see me?

Don't forget, Liberia is an other example of how our defeat of communisim helped bring down another country.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:00:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Allow me to introduce you to MY post on Liberia - Dupe!

http://www.ar15.com/forums/myTopics.html?b=1&f=

Nice link, it takes us to our own Active Topics
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:15:24 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Liberian history should be part of American civics classes under the heading "How to run a country into the dirt".

It is a sad story indeed.

IIRC, it began to come unglued when we backed an embargo/travel ban on them

Downhill fast every day since.

I did notice that our 1st lady and Condi Rice were there this week to witness the swearing in of the 1st female president on the African Continent

What a shit-hole.

But you have to love Colonel Black Diamond!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:50:29 AM EDT
[#13]
musta been a good show.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:46:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Doh, I was just busting on you, and used the wrong linky.  I corrected above!

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:49:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:52:51 AM EDT
[#16]
We had a thread here recently about Liberia and the various shooting techniques and tactical gear employed there and it had well over three hundred thousand reads in the span of 2 weeks before it got locked and trashed.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:19:00 PM EDT
[#17]
I bet that camera man had a continuous big brown pile in his pants, especially from the mortar guy. I can only imagine having a mortar pointed at you from a few feet away with a round hanging in the tube. I wonder how many of their own the "soldiers" killed showing off for the camera.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top