Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2006 10:29:00 PM EDT
It was about 1:21 when my phone rang (AM) and I picked up. Some guy in a deep voice saying he knew where I lived . I hung up and checked the number-it said private number. Is there anyway to trace the call?

Alas, I have some new 154 grain softpoints I need to field test. Tonight might be the night...
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:30:18 PM EDT
[#1]
A drunken highschooler found a phone book.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:30:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry about that, wrong number.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:30:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:31:16 PM EDT
[#4]
It is possible, but you have to call the phone co and tell them you received a
harrassing call first.
They take it form there.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:31:38 PM EDT
[#5]
probably prank call...damn kids

been having any problems/recent enemies?

you can report it, but i doubt the cops can do anything

actually, if thats all he/she said, its not really that threatening--all that was stated was that they knew where you lived....

prepare anyways
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:31:46 PM EDT
[#6]
try *69 to call them back

At least you'll have a record of the outgoing call from t hephone company.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:32:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
A drunken highschooler found a phone book.

likely considering the hatred my sister has for me, and her underage drinking habits...but....

Still that's something thats gonna keep you up all night!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:35:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It is possible, but you have to call the phone co and tell them you received a
harrassing call first.
They take it form there.

I'm not taking any chances. My sister who is younger than I am (I'm 20) has a rapsheet longer than my entire life story. I'll call Cingular tommorow and get it squared away.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:40:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Push *57 and it will tell you if the was traced. It then tells you that if you'd like to take action, call your local police dept..
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:52:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Had some punk kids try and prank me one night at 3 in the morning with some lame ass prank. I said "What the fuck are you doing? you call THAT a prank?? No... no.... no...NO!!! get a pen and paper and start taking notes... Here is what you do...." and i went into a 10 minute lesson on the art of proper prank calling. I had these kids in stitches... When they were done listening they were like "Hey man! you are cool!! sorry we tried to prank you"

I said "dont apologize for pranking me... apologize because it was lame"
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:55:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Had some punk kids try and prank me one night at 3 in the morning with some lame ass prank. I said "What the fuck are you doing? you call THAT a prank?? No... no.... no...NO!!! get a pen and paper and start taking notes... Here is what you do...." and i went into a 10 minute lesson on the art of proper prank calling. I had these kids in stitches... When they were done listening they were like "Hey man! you are cool!! sorry we tried to prank you"

You are going to tell us what you told them right?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:59:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Push *57 and it will tell you if the was traced. It then tells you that if you'd like to take action, call your local police dept..

+1 it works
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:00:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

My dad always handed the phone to me whenever telemarketers called. Before my voice changed I could do an awesome impersonation of a little old spanish grandma who barely spoke english and couldn't hear very well. They always hung up for some reason.

Except for this one very persistent telemarketer, called two or three times daily for over a month. Hey, guess what, WE'RE NOT INTERESTED. I finally got rid of him too though.

"Hello? Why yes, I AM interested in what you're selling as a matter of fact. I'd like- wait, can you hold on a second? I think somebody just broke my window. Oh my gosh, there's somebody in my house!"

*lights fuse on M-80, places next to phone receiver, steps back*

"OH MY GOSH! I'VE BEEN SHOT!"

*hang up phone*

He never called back. Bastard also didn't call the cops to report a break-in and murder that he heard over the phone. What an asshole.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:04:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No. Because when I prank you, I dont want you saying "DrFrige... cut that shit out!"
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:49:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No. Because when I prank you, I dont want you saying "DrFrige... cut that shit out!"

You will tell us, or you will feel the wrath of Spidey.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:16:50 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

... is your refrigerator running???
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:52:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Invite him over for a .  

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:42:45 AM EDT
[#18]
It may have not been a threatening phone call, maybe the opposite!  He may have just got out of the late showing of Brokebutt Mountain!  
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:50:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Call Frige and call him "Fridge"
Then hang up.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:53:06 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Call Frige and call him "Fridge"
Then hang up.

OH that is MEAN... Pranks are supposed to be funny and as a joke but that is just fucking MEAN!!!!
... By the way... ON THE LIST YOU GO!!!!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:54:51 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

... is your refrigerator running???

that was lame... MUST be from Canada.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:08:04 PM EDT
[#22]
I woke up one night, drained the lizard, was thirsty, went into the kitchen for some water.  Phone rang, it was some woman.

"I really enjoyed talking to you the other day, and you can come over any time..."

I asked, "Who is this?  You must have the wrong number."

She replied, "You're A. Freeman, and we talked there in front of your house while you were working in the yard.  You're who I was trying to call."

"No, lady, you have the wrong guy, I don't have any idea who you are... sorry."  And hung up.

I go back to the bedroom, and my wife is sitting up in bed, the bedside lamp on.

"Who was that?" she asked.

"Wrong number.  Some lady thought she knew me, but I don't know who it was."

She started laughing... "I knew she was BS'ing you.  The kids and I do all the yard work, you haven't worked in the yard in more than 10 years.  Come to bed."

It was good.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:12:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Hell, a lot of people know where I live:  credit card company, mailman, cable/electric/gas/phone co....

What's the big deal?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:13:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Draw Down

oh yeah, number one
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:00:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Not a prank, but this worked great when I was a kid....

If I was out late I would just call my house when my parents were in bed. As soon as they picked it up I would say "I got it mom."

And she would say "You guys don't need to be calling eachother this late."

BAM!

She thought I was home, and the party went on.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:01:41 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Draw Down

oh yeah, number one

Absolutely!!!! The next time you get a prank call, draw down on the phone and they'll never prank you again. That'll learn em!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:10:02 PM EDT
[#27]
maybe he wasnt making any threats.. maybe hes ghey
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:12:46 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
It was about 1:21 when my phone rang (AM) and I picked up. Some guy in a deep voice saying he knew where I lived . I hung up and checked the number-it said private number. Is there anyway to trace the call?

Alas, I have some new 154 grain softpoints I need to field test. Tonight might be the night...

I hope you did a mag dump on the phone.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:43:16 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I'd rather 69 my girlfriend.

John
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:03:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Unless the calls continue or you recognized the voice and have reason to believe that it IS someone whom youthink is actually going to do something towards you, I wouldn't worry about it quite yet. More likely some kid making prank calls.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:27:29 AM EDT
[#31]
A guy told me that he did this one .
It's funny, but kind of mean.

When in high school, him and his buddy would pick a phone number from the book and call....

"Hello, this is Bob from the phone company. Is this Mr. Wilson?"

"Yes."

"Mr. Wilson, we were outside your house today, and installed some extra wire on your phone, but we couldn't get inside, to take up the slack. Can you just pull the rest of the slack wire inside please?"

"Uh, OK. ........ It doesn't seem like it wants to give."

"Well, Mr. Wilson, you have to pull it really hard."

"Well,.... I'm pulling on it, but it's not giving at all."

"That's OK, you have to pull it really hard. Just lay the phone down, and yank it really hard. OK?"

"Uh... OK. Hold on just a minute."

Silence

"CLICK. Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

That's mean.

Wish I had thought of it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:43:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:46:29 AM EDT
[#33]
You don't know who I am but I know where you live.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:22:39 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd rather 69 my girlfriend.

John

Me too, she IS great.  

j/k

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top