Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2006 2:28:00 PM EDT

Here is the dilemma.

My wife and I never had our house sprayed for bugs and the original owner never lived here long enough to get it sprayed.  In previous 6+ years that we’ve lived here we’ve only seen some ants during the wet season and a silverfish or two but no roaches.  In past three days my wife saw two roaches in the house and there are more ants in the house than in past.  I don’t know how these creatures are getting in.    

My wife wants to have the house sprayed for bugs since we now have a 1 month old baby but I’m not sure it would be safe for the baby.  Also, I have 2 dogs that live in the garage and out in the back yard.  I would hate to have my dogs or my kid poisoned or have them exposed to toxic spray from the exterminator.

So, is the pesticide used by the exterminator dangerous to my kid and pets?  Would you have the house sprayed?  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:37:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd head to the hardware store and get assorted bug spray and granules myself.

Put the granules outside the house as directed, then spray the oustside of your house and the inside of your house where the insects enter.

Cheap, easy, effective.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:41:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Since you are concerned about pesticides I would suggest Boric Acid. You should be able to find it at any hardware store. Non toxic and very effective.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:04:34 PM EDT
[#3]
ants favorite way in to a house is by using bushes or trees as a bridge... so make sure you trim back the shrubs so they dont touch the house. also comabt makes a jell the looks like peanut better that works real well to put in the cracks inside your house it comes in a brown tube
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:06:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Ortho Home Deffense and follow the instructions reapeat once a month regaurdless of manufacturer claims
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top