Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 8:14:11 PM EDT
I bought a new digital camera in December and accidentally damaged it cosmetically, but functioned as new.  Brought it back with original receipt, and they offered me a refund w/ restocking fee (about $50) since it was open boxed and used.  Again, nothing wrong with the camera.

I paid $369 for it, minus about $50 in restocking fee leaves me with about $20.  So my final refund is actually about $315.  This is where it gets good.  I can buy the same camera back from them ONLINE for $284.  Add to that a 4 yr Ext Warranty Plan and I'm still making money on this deal.  I had no intentions of doing anyone wrong.  They just handed it over to me.  So in essence, I end up spending about $25 less than before, getting a brand new undamaged camera, + a 4 year warranty.  Not a bad deal.  Now THAT'S Customer service.  The only hitch was that they didn't have my camera in stock, but I'll receive it by mail before the end of the week.

Unless I've done my numbers wrong, I think I'm actually ahead on this deal, but I'll be happy even if it cost me a little more.  It's not like I was out to screw anyone over.  I just wanted a new camera.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:15:49 PM EDT
[#1]
It's their system.............good for you.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:21:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrads on getting your problem resolved to your satisfaction.

My son bought a laser mouse from BB, and it failed within a week, the store didn't have another one to replace it, so the "nice" people at BB talked my son into a refund in the form of BB's gift certificate.  My son paid spot cash, and I expected him to get the refund in spot cash.  I finally got cash after being cussed out by the customer service manager.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:22:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Given the pile of bullshit that passes for a business that is Worst Buy, if you can screw them using their own system, more power to you.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:24:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Not me.   Took them a LONG LONG time to fix mine, they squeak in a day before they have to give me a new one, and I think  it'll last just long enough for the warranty to expire.

Dickass clerk tried to deny the claim, saying it was over 3 years, and the warranty was only 3 years.

It's a 4 year warranty. Best Buy doesn't even offer a 3 year warranty.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:45:52 PM EDT
[#5]
IBTBBNTTTMGS

In Before The Best Buy Ninja Tried To Take My Gun Story
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:10:08 PM EDT
[#6]
will it be used for range reports? i hope so, as the last pics i saw were of somewhat low quality and grainey.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:15:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I knew a fewguys that made out like bandits on E-Machines computers.  They had failures at the 2 -3 year point and ended up getting replacement machines, which were much better as the cost and goodies kept improving.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:35:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought a Creative Nomad Zen 20GB MP3 player from Best Buy back in 2003 for $300. Since Creative only offered a 90 warranty, I bought the 2-year replacement plan for an extra $40. Three months before the extended warranty ran out, the player completely crapped out, so I called Best Buy and put in a claim. They sent me a postage-paid return label and I sent the player to them.

The claim was approved, but before I got the voucher, I saw that the 40GB Nomad Zen had gone on sale for $220 (normally $270.) I explained my situation to the supervisor and she said I could buy the player on my credit card and when the voucher came in, I could return the player and buy it back at the same price on the voucher. The voucher came in and the folks at Best Buy handled everything with no problems (they even knocked $20 off for a rebate that had expired.) I walked out with an MP3 player with twice the capacity and a $75 store credit for the unused portion of the voucher.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top