Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/13/2006 7:09:28 PM EDT
No.1: Even after the 400th time Being muzzle swept with a 12ga. it still never loses it's "Trill"

No.2: Despite having access to all manner of firearms you are for some reason atracted to the high end 1911's and those darn cute little J-frame Smiths.

No.3 If the man wants a S&W Sigma, sell him one.

No.4 Whenever someone wants to see what a .45gap looks like, always ask for the the Glock 37 back before handing him ammo!

No.5 Whenever someone wants to see what a .45gap looks like, always ask for the the Glock 37 back before handing him ammo!

No.6 A .357mag will penatrate 12 boxs of 12ga. slugs before stopping in an Oak cabinet.

No.7 There are only 2 kinds of firearms in this shop,.. Unloaded and visable and loaded and concealed lets try to keep them that way,.. I dont wanna see yours and you dont wanna see mine.

No.8 You can work as much as you want but at the end of the week you'll still owe the shop money.

No.9 Never turn down a free hat, t-shirt, keychain, inkpen, coffee mug, or  keychain

And No.10 Be real nice to the UPS lady or you'll be unloading 20,000 rounds  of ammo off the truck your damn self.

Udog
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:13:31 PM EDT
[#1]
bravo!!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:17:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Number 8 sounds like me. Heck the one older guy in the shop near me says he can't retire because of what he owes the shop even tho he is ready. He's kidding, sorta, I've seen the guns he likes. They are not cheap.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:19:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
No.5 Whenever someone wants to see what a .45gap looks like, always ask for the the Glock 37 back before handing him ammo!

I smell a story.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:20:20 PM EDT
[#4]

No.4 Whenever someone wants to see what a .45gap looks like, always ask for the the Glock 37 back before handing him ammo!

Hmmm.  I imagine there's a good story there somewhere.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:27:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Hmmm.  I imagine there's a good story there somewhere.

Let's hear it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:28:48 PM EDT
[#6]
The gun story I love is when the Widow shows up with hubby's guns waving them around, of course they are locked and loaded.

And supposedly one older woman wanted to know how much she could get for this grenade her spouse brought back.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:29:45 PM EDT
[#7]
You forgot that no matter how pro-gun you are, there will ALWAYS be someone in the shop that makes you think that gun control MIGHT be okay for them.

There are just as many idiots on the OTHER side of the counter.

That every 'gunstore down the street' is a little cheaper'.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:39:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The gun story I love is when the Widow shows up with hubby's guns waving them around, of course they are locked and loaded.

And supposedly one older woman wanted to know how much she could get for this grenade her spouse brought back.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:43:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Okay, lets hear the 45GAP story.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:46:23 PM EDT
[#10]
pretty accurate
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:46:55 PM EDT
[#11]
There people that work in the gun store can be just as scary as the customers.

I had a guy behind the counter trying to sell a rossi 38 say, "See you can just pic it up and shoot" at which point he snatched the 38up off the shelf  under the glass leveled it at my stomach and pulled the trigger...... 8 times   once at my stomach, once at my side, and 6 times at my back as I was knocking open the door!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:48:15 PM EDT
[#12]
you forgot:

No.11  the man who spends more than 30 minutes looking at multiple models of rifles or pistols has no real intention of buying anything.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:50:17 PM EDT
[#13]
45 gap story and are you coming over for the skins game?

Bomber

PS  need you to school me on 9 mic mic uppers

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:52:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
you forgot:

No.11  the man who spends more than 30 minutes looking at multiple models of rifles or pistols has no real intention of buying anything.

finger fuckers
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:58:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:00:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:06:58 PM EDT
[#17]

And No.10 Be real nice to the UPS lady or you'll be unloading 20,000 rounds of ammo off the truck your damn self.

I wish more people understood this one.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:14:29 PM EDT
[#18]

No.6 A .357mag will penatrate 12 boxs of 12ga. slugs before stopping in an Oak cabinet.

Nothing quite like haveing a Box-O-Truth session in house.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:14:49 PM EDT
[#19]
I never figured  the AD thing
Every shop i have been in to has at l;east a couple of stories or holes  we have been in bussiness for 15 years and never had one and a retard brings in a loaded gun at least once a month
they do not get 3 steps in the door before i politely ask them to come over here and check their weapon
I probably jinxed myself and someone will shoot something tomorrow

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:21:30 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
45 gap story and are you coming over for the skins game?

Bomber

PS  need you to school me on 9 mic mic uppers

Nah the .45gap story is my own damn fault Better one is hearing another shop employee recount the tale of a teenager getting the drop on him with a BB gun

Call you tomorrow on the skins game, and no prob on the 9mm will do...............Udog
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:23:59 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Every shop i have been in to has at l;east a couple of stories or holes  we have been in bussiness for 15 years and never had one and a retard brings in a loaded gun at least once a month
they do not get 3 steps in the door before i politely ask them to come over here and check their weapon

Open carried firearms are easy, It's when they fast draw a lorcin from their pants and ask if "you have a holster for this kinda gun"
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:27:15 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
There people that work in the gun store can be just as scary as the customers.

I had a guy behind the counter trying to sell a rossi 38 say, "See you can just pic it up and shoot" at which point he snatched the 38up off the shelf  under the glass leveled it at my stomach and pulled the trigger...... 8 times   once at my stomach, once at my side, and 6 times at my back as I was knocking open the door!

After that first or second dry fire i would have been tempted to pull that deranged mother fucker accross the counter by his red suspenders and beat the holy hell outta him for some shit like that
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:04:41 PM EDT
[#23]

No.2: Despite having access to all manner of firearms you are for some reason atracted to the high end 1911's and those darn cute little J-frame Smiths.

Guilty.   I was just in my favorite shop where I bought my Kimber Pro Carry several years back looking at the 340 and 640 Smiths.  Leaning to the 640.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:40:47 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Open carried firearms are easy, It's when they fast draw a lorcin from their pants and ask if "you have a holster for this kinda gun"

too funny i had exactly the same thing happen  guy mid 20s with a big sports jacket of some sort  whipped out a 25 lorcin out of his pocket  with a mighty "you got a magazine for this?"
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:32:11 AM EDT
[#25]
All of those points are true. I worked in a gun shop for a couple of years before I went in the service. I saw all kinds of dumbasses come and go. As long as they didnt damage anything and they filled up my register, I didnt mind all that much. When the hood rats came skulking into the store, we always made a point to quietly pull our shirt tails up over our concealed pistols and let it be known that someone might get lead poisioning should someone decide to do something stupid.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:31:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Ahh, so true, so true. I can relate to pretty much all of that....

Dont forget the women who go "Are those Machineguns???? And with a straight face, you answer, these arent right here, but we have some up there".

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:58:14 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
you forgot:

So how else are we supose to know what gun to buy from the shop down the street.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:01:24 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
No.1: Even after the 400th time Being muzzle swept with a 12ga. it still never loses it's "Trill"

No.6 A .357mag will penatrate 12 boxs of 12ga. slugs before stopping in an Oak cabinet.No.7 There are only 2 kinds of firearms in this shop,.. Unloaded and visable and loaded and concealed lets try to keep them that way,.. I dont wanna see yours and you dont wanna see mine.

No.8 You can work as much as you want but at the end of the week you'll still owe the shop money.

No.9 Never turn down a free hat, t-shirt, keychain, inkpen, coffee mug, or  keychain

And No.10 Be real nice to the UPS lady or you'll be unloading 20,000 rounds  of ammo off the truck your damn self.

Udog

Sounds like a story behind this one too.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:12:57 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
you forgot:

finger fuckers

Not all of us have steyraug's huge collection, when we are in the gunshop, its like heaven, we have to fondle them, its a sad disease, scientifically known as "five-gun-itis".
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:06:19 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
you forgot:

Hey, some of us like to fantasize!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:37:44 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

too funny i had exactly the same thing happen  guy mid 20s with a big sports jacket of some sort  whipped out a 25 lorcin out of his pocket  with a mighty "you got a magazine for this?"

My former boss had a chick pull a beretta .22 and point it at his face and ask the holster question.  
He disarmed her.  Removed the mag from the gun, the round from the chamber, the rounds in the mag and handed it all back to her with the instruction to get the !@#$ out of his store.  She went to mgmt. to complain about his language.  When he told mgmt the story, they pointed towards the door and said, "Have a nice day, Ma'am!"  I personally thought giving the gun back was very generous.

One week later a guy looking at a side-by-side pulled a round from his pocket, slipped it in the chamber and closed the action.  My buddy saw him put the gun to his chin and pull the trigger (it was a double trigger and the guy pulled the wrong one) and started towards him.  As my friend got to him the guy pulled the other trigger.  Nasty!  That one made the Indianapolis papers.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:53:41 PM EDT
[#32]
#10 hits home here. Especially when I am on the 3rd floor.
  Repeat after me, the UPS driver is your friend.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:54:11 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
One week later a guy looking at a side-by-side pulled a round from his pocket, slipped it in the chamber and closed the action.  My buddy saw him put the gun to his chin and pull the trigger (it was a double trigger and the guy pulled the wrong one) and started towards him.  As my friend got to him the guy pulled the other trigger.  Nasty!  That one made the Indianapolis papers.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:00:43 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
you forgot:

Hey, some of us like to fantasize!

and the whole time we are fondling it and saying nothing, we are thinking up a creative story to tell the wifey.

Word to the counter-sales guy................give him time to work up his cover story
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:07:06 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
you forgot:

finger fuckers

Not all of us have steyraug's huge collection, when we are in the gunshop, its like heaven, we have to fondle them, its a sad disease, scientifically known as "five-gun-itis".

Even I enjoy checking out the toys. I don't own everything....yet.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:25:16 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
you forgot:

So how else are we supose to know what gun to buy from the shop down the street.

I dont go into a gunstore unless I'm planning to buy and i dont go into a gunstore with less than $1,500 cash in pocket, usually twice that. Lately gunstores have been a pretty frustrating experiance.  I'll have a list of makes/models I want, show the list to the first clerk I can find and 9:10 times they dont have any of the models on the list and instead want to sell me another 10/22, 870, XD.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:40:50 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
you forgot:

I dont go into a gunstore unless I'm planning to buy and i dont go into a gunstore with less than $1,500 cash in pocket, usually twice that. Lately gunstores have been a pretty frustrating experiance.  I'll have a list of makes/models I want, show the list to the first clerk I can find and 9:10 times they dont have any of the models on the list and instead want to sell me another 10/22, 870, XD.

Won't these guys order what you want?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:50:35 PM EDT
[#38]

Cleanup on aisle five!

It's almost as much fun to put humpty-dumpty back together again when his aim is.........just a little off.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:51:44 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
you forgot:

I knew it! You're on the take.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:52:08 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
you forgot:

Won't these guys order what you want?

Sure, at or near MSRP.  If I want to order it I can get a better deal by ordering it myself and paying the local Pawn Shop $15.00 to transfer it.

Its not like I'm looking for rare firearms.  Its common stuff like standard M1A's, lever action .44mag carbines, steel framed 5" 1911A1 in 45acp (with no ambi safety).
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:53:24 PM EDT
[#41]
You forgot the:

"Can I help you?"
"No, just looking."

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:06:41 PM EDT
[#42]
i got 1 4 u..

a 32apc will bounce off a box of blazers and richochet of the plywood shelf...

:)
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:13:19 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

No.7 There are only 2 kinds of firearms in this shop,.. Unloaded and visable and loaded and concealed lets try to keep them that way,.. I dont wanna see yours and you dont wanna see mine.

Udog

No truer words have been spoken..

unable to get out the shop as much as I used too..    but at any given time I always had 2 or 3 things in the back that I was paying on.    and half my wardrobe has some mfg logo on it

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:17:09 PM EDT
[#44]

It's morally wrong to even stock S&W Sigmas!

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:28:20 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
you forgot:

That's why when I go into gun shops, the first thing I say is, "Hi, I'm just looking and want some info. Is that OK?" or something like that. That seems to cut the tension.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:30:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Tagged.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:34:10 PM EDT
[#47]
What kind of purchase to "just looking" ratio do I need to keep up not to be labeled a "finger fucker" ?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:37:19 PM EDT
[#48]
I have a friend that works at the local gun shop.....I go in, and sometimes I hear, "hey! you gotta check this out".....usually something pretty cool.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:47:20 PM EDT
[#49]

and the whole time we are fondling it and saying nothing, we are thinking up a creative story to tell the wifey.

Word to the counter-sales guy................give him time to work up his cover story

Spot on!!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:47:04 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
What kind of purchase to "just looking" ratio do I need to keep up not to be labeled a "finger fucker" ?

You don't have to buy every time you go in. Just don't be the guy who leans on the counter for 3 hours every other day.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top