BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:53:15 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

No.4 Whenever someone wants to see what a .45gap looks like, always ask for the the Glock 37 back before handing him ammo!

No.5 Whenever someone wants to see what a .45gap looks like, always ask for the the Glock 37 back before handing him ammo!

Hmmm.  I imagine there's a good story there somewhere.

Underdog:  You can't do that.
Ahnold:  Wrong.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:02:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.4 Whenever someone wants to see what a .45gap looks like, always ask for the the Glock 37 back before handing him ammo!

No.5 Whenever someone wants to see what a .45gap looks like, always ask for the the Glock 37 back before handing him ammo!

Hmmm.  I imagine there's a good story there somewhere.

tinypic.com/ka4ap0.png

Underdog:  You can't do that.
Ahnold:  Wrong.

LMAO!!!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:03:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
you forgot:

No.11  the man who spends more than 30 minutes looking at multiple models of rifles or pistols has no real intention of buying anything.

I'll give you this on most counts but, I've done this when I have money burning a hole in my pocket and a want for several different types of firearm.
Example: Bushy Varm, Socom16, some kind of high\mid priced 1911, a sweet bolt action, a lovely O\U shotgun or an old-schoold lever action in 44mag.

BTW-I've got three of the six listed amongst others now.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:50:59 PM EDT
[#4]
12)  Got a slow day at the shop pull out your own rifle and try to work on it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:06:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
you forgot:

No.11  the man who spends more than 30 minutes looking at multiple models of rifles or pistols has no real intention of buying anything.

Hey, some of us like to fantasize!

and the whole time we are fondling it and saying nothing, we are thinking up a creative story to tell the wifey.

Word to the counter-sales guy................give him time to work up his cover story

1. It was on sale.
2. It was a closeout bargain.
3. They don't make these anymore. It's a collectible.
4. Look we'll call it my birthday,fathersday and Christmas present for the next 3 years.
5. I'm just holding it for a friend, it's collateral for a loan, he's having tough times.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:54:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
you forgot:

and the whole time we are fondling it and saying nothing, we are thinking up a creative story to tell the wifey.

Word to the counter-sales guy................give him time to work up his cover story

1. It was on sale.  Been there.
2. It was a closeout bargain.  Done that
3. They don't make these anymore. It's a collectible. She's too smart for that
4. Look we'll call it my birthday,fathersday and Christmas present for the next 3 years.  Did that twice last year
5. I'm just holding it for a friend, it's collateral for a loan, he's having tough times. I like this idea.

Needless to say, I am still looking for a good excuse for an M-16
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:13:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

4. Look we'll call it my birthday,fathersday and Christmas present for the next 3 years.
5. I'm just holding it for a friend, it's collateral for a loan, he's having tough times.

I've used number four to justify it to myself.

And I used the fifth on my wife with a Colt Mustang.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:55:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You forgot the:

"Can I help you?"
"No, just looking."

Nothing wrong with just looking.....and stating the fact.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:08:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I have to call my old Roommate from the Academy at least every other year...get his wife and tell her he just won some expensive gun...it was a raffle for the children. TheWind, just calls and says please, always gets to bring anew gun home.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:34:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
12)  Got a slow day at the shop pull out your own rifle and try to work on it.

+1000

or eat or vacuum  or work on a customers  rifle
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:13:15 PM EDT
[#11]
#12 - 95% of salesmen know almost nothing about firearms, customer service and how to make a sale.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:18:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
#12 - 95% of salesmen know almost nothing about firearms, customer service and how to make a sale.

Use the line, so where did you get your marketing degree from next time your in a gun store
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:18:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

+1  I allways wait for the one guy who knows something about guns to help me.  I now who he is in each gunshop I frequent and he knows me.  He knows that I only want my question answered and I don't want any BS, he knows I'll check it out in other places as well.

I do the same thing with dive shops, it's just part of the deal when you have expensive and highly technical hobbies.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:22:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I consider myself more of a 1%er

I do agree you sure run into some tards in this bussiness
luckly my boss relizes that and treats me accordingly
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:33:20 PM EDT
[#15]
It's been years and years, but a few more from my days behind the counter ...

11. Women always want a "little pistol" and I always tried to sell them a little shotgun.

12. EVERY gun that some dweeb pulls out of his pocket is loaded.

13. When several black guys enter the store with guns, they probably aren't paying customers.

14. Trade in .44 Magnum revolvers often come with a box of 44 live rounds and 6 empties.

15. The day that hunting season's order of shotgun shells came in sucked.

16. The day the flatbed semi showed up with a load of lead shot really sucked.

17. Writing hunting licenses sucks.

18. Dealing with dumbasses all day gets old quick.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:03:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
What kind of purchase to "just looking" ratio do I need to keep up not to be labeled a "finger fucker" ?

I'm in the same boat.
Poor college kid.
So I try to buy at least one box of ammo everytime I drop by and finger fuck the guns.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:45:43 AM EDT
[#17]

1000+++

Me "Could I look at that FAL"

Stupid Brother of the Owner Gun Clerk "What's that?"

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:21:25 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

1000+++

Me "Could I look at that FAL"

Stupid Brother of the Owner Gun Clerk "What's that?"

Funny. Every guy that I work with is pretty well versed on firearms. Maybe you should try shopping somewhere else.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:38:40 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
What kind of purchase to "just looking" ratio do I need to keep up not to be labeled a "finger fucker" ?

+1

Jeez, can't a guy stop in for ammo and look around a bit to plan the next addition to the stable?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:00:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Jeez, can't a guy stop in for ammo and look around a bit to plan the next addition to the stable?

Hell, I dont mind window shoppers. I used to be one. I will talk to you all you need. An informed gun purchase is much better than a ill-planned one.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:23:19 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
you forgot:

1. It was on sale.
2. It was a closeout bargain.
3. They don't make these anymore. It's a collectible.

The excuse in red is the one I use for my training.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:00:23 PM EDT
[#22]
tag
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:04:16 PM EDT
[#23]
no matter how it goes i always end up owing the shop money too
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:11:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Gun shop employees, help me out:

I freaked a gunsmith out a bit. I was asking him questions about my 1911, and he asked if I had it with me. I did, as it's my CCW piece. I pulled it out and was about to say "Yes, it's loaded. Don't worry though, I'm not going to hand you a loaded weapon" when he kind of freaked, gor nervous and said "IS THAT LOADED?!!!".

I said "Well, yes. Aren't they all?" I then safely unloaded it.

Is there a better way to handle this sort of thing?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:14:25 PM EDT
[#25]
You could tell him its your CCW and its loaded before you pull it out.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:19:09 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
You could tell him its your CCW and its loaded before you pull it out.

That's kind of what I was thinking afterwards. I mean, I never swept him, the muzzle was pointed toward the ground, etc. Still, I imagine that he's a little "gun shy" as it were, after having countless loaded firearms pointed at him over the years.

Next time, I think I'll just say "It's my CCW piece, I have it on my right hip, and ya...it's loaded. May I unload it and show it to you?"

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:38:51 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
When the hood rats came skulking into the store, we always made a point to quietly pull our shirt tails up over our concealed pistols

Alternatively you could have pulled your jeans down around your arse so the pistol was visible and you would then have looked like the hood rats
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:55:36 PM EDT
[#28]
At the shop that I work at we normally have a pretty good staff as far as gun knowledge and customer service. However we also have to train the new guys about certain models of guns and their features.

For my regulars I always show them the new and cool stuff,even if I have to dig it out of the back.

...and to tell you the truth I make more on Ebay per month than I do at work,if I didn't enjoy it I wouldn't go.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:21:36 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
you forgot:

Hey I bought my first AR after an hour and a half of heming and hawing.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:50:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Funny. Every guy that I work with is pretty well versed on firearms. Maybe you should try shopping somewhere else.

I do. I buy from the shops that know what they're talking about and respect the customer.  I walk out of the shops that have their heads up their asses, and don't know squat about what they're selling.  There's very few of the first and alot of the second.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:50:41 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
you forgot:

Hey I bought my first AR after an hour and a half of heming and hawing.

I bought my Khar P40 after 45 min and had 7 different pistols in the 600 to 700 dollar range on the counter. What a choice.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:48:44 AM EDT
[#32]
We know when you're serious and when you're not,but most shops don't work on commision so there's no pressure. Just don't waste my time when I have a store full of customers.

Hell I had a guy walk in a few months ago and the first thing he asked was is we had any Hi-points,about 30 min later he's walking out the door with his new RRA AR-15.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:22:47 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I do. I buy from the shops that know what they're talking about and respect the customer.  I walk out of the shops that have their heads up their asses, and don't know squat about what they're selling.  There's very few of the first and alot of the second.

In the odd occasion that I buy from a shop its strictly the one with the lowest price.  I already know what I want and when he says "Well we dont have that but take a look at this" I'm usually already out the door.  I was looking for a springfield TRP Operator at one point and had a salesman argue with me for 10 minutes before I left that a ParaOrd standard 1911 was a better pistol because I didnt really want that big rail.  Then he tried to sell me on an XD micro since it was made by springfield.  I dont know how much further from a fullsize, railed 1911 you can get besides an XD micro.  Maybe he was going to show me a shotgun next.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:41:13 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
#10 hits home here. Especially when I am on the 3rd floor.
  Repeat after me, the UPS driver is your friend.

My UPS driver gets a bigger Christmas present than my USPS chick.

Of course, I have thanked him further by taking him to the range.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top