Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 10:24:49 AM EDT
I just threw in a dip the size of a golf ball and i feel fucking great .
That is all

Im so weak
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:26:41 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
That is all

Im so weak

Good job no one like a quitter!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:31:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Congrats I was feeling weak and quit once.....but my daddy didn't raise no quitter.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:39:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Been about a month for me, but the cravings...   The way I got this far was quiting when I was sick: if I am sick enough I don't dip and that was the first week down right there.  Trying to quit that first week is always a real bitch, but being sick makes it easier and the cravings are not as strong after that, but I still have to fight myself sometimes.

Cheers
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:03:35 AM EDT
[#4]
try putting in wads of sunflower seeds.  eventually all the salt gives you sores and it is damn ear impossible to chew.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:05:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
try putting in wads of sunflower seeds.  eventually all the salt gives you sores and it is damn ear impossible to chew.

Was thinking of going to sunflower seeds. Plus the seeds give me something to spit.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:05:23 AM EDT
[#6]
kicking tobacco is for quitters
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:12:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That is all

Im so weak

dude, toughest frigging thing in the world to do damnit, I tried a few times, lasted a couple of weeks and gave in. Even when I was able to quit for a year I still missed it. Wife is seathing mad at me for starting again, told me I must love the chew and beer more than her.....
Well....lol
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:12:58 AM EDT
[#8]
ive been trying to quit dippin and smoking for close to a year now and still doing both...have a hefty size lipper in now
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:21:54 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm on day three of my newest attempt to stop smoking.

The cravings kill.   I'm not in a good mood.

That is all.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:26:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Buy the nicorette gum and use it to help kill the cravings.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:27:58 AM EDT
[#11]
My girlfriend in med school taught me to chew after soccer games. She could drink and chew like a sailor.  But was damn good looking.  Unfortunately I had a few beers and the chew knocked me on my ass.  The world started spinning.  No more chew after that.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:41:58 AM EDT
[#12]
I used to chew Copenhagen quite regularly.  I would buy dip by the whole roll.  I would go an entire week without it, and would quit for a month or two anytime I wanted.  Finally I just lost interest in it.  I can't understand how folks get so hooked on it.  

I still buy a bag of Levi Garret once in a while, but haven't done that for a few years.  

Just picture yourself with your lower jaw missing...................
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:49:50 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
My girlfriend in med school taught me to chew after soccer games. She could drink and chew like a sailor.  But was damn good looking.  Unfortunately I had a few beers and the chew knocked me on my ass.  The world started spinning.  No more chew after that.

umm that wasnt a beer that was the spit cup
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:53:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Nothing better than putting in a big ole wad of Cope on the way to work in the morning.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:04:59 PM EDT
[#15]
I'd quit if Redman wasn't so damn good.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:55:15 PM EDT
[#16]
On day three of this quitting smoking bit...  Cravings suck...
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:00:07 PM EDT
[#17]
"Copenhagen....It makes ya feel so good"   The late Chris Ledoux.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:06:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Blech  This thread makes me glad I never tried.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:08:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Well, at least you were done for 2 days right?  It's very hard to quit ANYTHING cold-turkey (smokes, chew, alcohol, buffalo wings, whatever).  Just ramp it down over time and I think it will go a lot easier.  

You haven't chewed as much over the last few days, right?  Sounds like you've already started the process so keep it up.  You don't call yourself a failure and fall off the wagon just because of one chew in 2 days!

Quoted:
Unfortunately I had a few beers and the chew knocked me on my ass.  The world started spinning.  No more chew after that.

Same happened to me the first time I tried chew.  I was drunk and walking home with a buddy when we stopped at a 7 Eleven and he got a can of Copenhagen.  I tried a pinch ... the vertigo started ... never again!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:11:47 PM EDT
[#20]
I quit skoal dippin after 23 years - 3 months ago. I had a dip going whenever I was awake. I could dip and eat a sandwich at the same time. No health issues, I just decided it was time. I weighed 185 when I quit and I weigh 205 now (6'3") I had a rough time going cold turkey and nearly shot a few people the first two weeks. For me, after I had quit for 3 weeks, I realized I had gone through torture and sacrifice to start back. Now I have no desire at all. I do eat a hell of a lot more though. I can't tell anyone what to do but, it's not a bad idea to try and quit. Especially if you want to.......teho
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:15:55 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
[umm that wasnt a beer that was the spit cup

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:18:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Surely am gonna give it another shot soon. maybe limit myself to dipping on range days . Be like an added bonus when going to the range.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:28:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Do what I did. Get one of those big water bottles and drop the money you normally would have spent on chew and smokes into it daily. After 3 months, I bought another .45ACP. Works pretty good and the benifits are in your hands, not in your lungs. When cravings hit, dump the botle and count....repeat...
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:37:16 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Do what I did. Get one of those big water bottles and drop the money you normally would have spent on chew and smokes into it daily. After 3 months, I bought another .45ACP. Works pretty good and the benifits are in your hands, not in your lungs. When cravings hit, dump the botle and count....repeat...

Great Advice
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:54:07 PM EDT
[#25]
I started chewing (pouch, plugs and the occassional not so tasty cigar or twist) in middle school and by HS I could see it wasnt a bright thing to do. I stopped then. Even being young and stupid I could understand that tobacco in any form was a great way to shorten my life. I sure am glad I figure that out early...at least I got something right. Oddly sometimes even now Ill get a huge craving for a particular plug I enjoyed. I can almost taste it...then I get visions of lip and mouth cancer and Im all good and happy I got over it when I was young.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:37:43 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

umm that wasnt a beer that was the spit cup

You know the scary part is that its happened more then once at parties I have been to.   Most of the time someone puts it down and it gets knocked over.

But once in a while I have seen people accidently try to take a drink thinking its their beer.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:59:24 PM EDT
[#27]
For those that don't want to quit, google Stoker's tobacco. This is some of the best shit on earth. Leaf or very fine cut in some awesome flavors. Apple, tropical, butternut, black wild cherry, wintergreen, peach etc..

The fruit flavors taste like real fruit not like syrup or candy.

And the best thing, it's $8 a pound for leaf and like $16 a pound for the fine cut.

They also sell it at the finer tobacco\cigar shops. Or you can order direct 1-800-chewers I think.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:17:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top