Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2006 8:57:25 AM EDT
This thread:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=426212
got me to thinking.

Is there any group or person tracking the membership of Fred Phelps' bunch of crazies to find out when one of THEM dies so that hordes of decent people can protest THEIR funerals with signs like "God Hates Assholes" and "You Must Have Been A Closet Homo" and "Enjoy Taking It Up The Ass From Satan"?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:01:49 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
This thread:
got me to thinking.

Is there any group or person tracking the membership of Fred Phelps' bunch of crazies to find out when one of THEM dies so that hordes of decent people can protest THEIR funerals with signs like "God Hates Assholes" and "You Must Have Been A Closet Homo" and "Enjoy Taking It Up The Ass From Satan"?

Actually most if not all of Freds "followers" are his family members.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:06:19 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This thread:
got me to thinking.

Actually most if not all of Freds "followers" are his family members.

I've heard that before, but given their nationwide "presence" they must have other supporters scattered around the country.  The kids in the photos posted in some other thread yesterday didn't look like the sort to drive halfway across the country just to wave signs for a few hours -- six people, and all of them looked like they were barely old enough to drive, much less to afford the gas money and time off work.

Regardless, IMHO that would be even nicer -- say Fred's mom dies, and half the nation turns out to tell Fred she was a psycho bitch.  It's not a MOAB, but at least it's some payback.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:10:58 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
This thread:
got me to thinking.

Hell, I will help make signs and join you in that protest.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:27:05 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

"Welcome, friend."
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:29:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This thread:
got me to thinking.

I'm in for that.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:07:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Welcome, friend."

That in it's self should be a pretty strong statement...71-Hour_Achmed and John_Wayne777 protesting the same thing.

not that there is anything wrong with that...
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:11:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
This thread:
got me to thinking.

Decent people don't protest funerals.  Ever.

When Fred Phelps dies, I will do my little dance of joy in my own home, I'd even comment publicly about how happy I am that his dynasty of hate might come to an end, but I will not intentionally cause additional pain for his mourning relatives and friends (assuming he has any) by protesting his funeral.

Jim
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:34:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Freddie is the pastor of the Westboro Baptist Church. There is more than his family in the congregation. Freddid is a disbarred lawyer and the WBC hates more than just Fags. Include blacks, jews, christians and America in there. Yes, that's right, christians.

"Most 'Christians' today are Christians by name only, and should be ashamed of themselves. They are cowardly, lukewarm, and ashamed of Christ's Word. They have substituted their own pathetic ideas for God's clear commandments... Don't listen to the money-grubbing heretic who stands at the front of your church. Listen to God."
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:48:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

"Welcome, friend."

These people are a stain on humanity who are so full of pride and superiority that they believe they have a "divine" comission to protest the funeral of soldiers.

They are, pardon my salty language, f*ckstains.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:57:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Freddie is the pastor of the Westboro Baptist Church. There is more than his family in the congregation. Freddid is a disbarred lawyer and the WBC hates more than just Fags. Include blacks, jews, christians and America in there. Yes, that's right, christians.

"Most 'Christians' today are Christians by name only, and should be ashamed of themselves. They are cowardly, lukewarm, and ashamed of Christ's Word. They have substituted their own pathetic ideas for God's clear commandments... Don't listen to the money-grubbing heretic who stands at the front of your church. Listen to God."

Sure thing. Let's see what God has to say:

" The merciful man does good for his own soul, But he who is cruel troubles his own flesh."
Proverbs 117

" Blessed are the merciful, For they shall obtain mercy"
Matthew 5:7

"43 “For a good tree does not bear bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit. 44 For every tree is known by its own fruit. For men do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they gather grapes from a bramble bush. 45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks."

Luke 6

"9 Also He [Jesus]  spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others : 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’ 13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

Luke 18

"10 Now it happened, as Jesus sat at the table in the house, that behold, many tax collectors and sinners came and sat down with Him and His disciples. 11 And when the Pharisees saw it, they said to His disciples, “Why does your Teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?”
12 When Jesus heard that, He said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. 13 But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice.’ For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.”

Matthew 9

The systematic teaching of the New Testament is clear: Phelps and those of his ilk are modern day pharisees, using the word of God as a means by which they exalt themselves and beat others. They are eaten up with pride and unforgiveness. They are whitewashed urns, full of dead men's bones. They are false prophets who speak falsely of God, and one day they will give account.

God is not mocked: What a man sows, that shall he also reap. People like Phelps have sown a bitter harvest for themselves, and they will receive all that they have sown and more...
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:45:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Fortunately, I'm an utter freewheeling bastard.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:11:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Fred Phelps' doesn't represent anyone I even come remotely in contact with.

I don't know which sins God considers the "worst".

But Fred seems to think he knows

GM

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:19:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Welcome, friend."

I might even travel to such an event.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:21:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Thankfully I'm not trying to be Jesus.

I wouldn't protest, so much as I'd celebrate, the passing of Phelps or a similar idiot. I consider it justice. I would also be willing to execute people on death row, torture a serial killer and blow up terrorists.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top