Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/9/2006 2:24:42 PM EDT
Waving his gun around.  
About college, he said “It’s not a big deal. I’ll just move on the next level, baby.”
Yeah right, like anyone will touch him after the shit he has pulled.

home.hamptonroads.com/stories/story.cfm?story=97878&ran=93331&tref=po
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:29:03 PM EDT
[#1]
he'll still get his shot in the NFL if he avoids jail
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:31:23 PM EDT
[#2]
It is amazing how professional sports and fans reward such thuggish and juvenile behavior with professional contracts and licensing deals.  Bread and circuses, bread and circuses.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:49:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Not really,  He will need further development too succeed and he may not get that.  Look at Clarett.  Similar circumstances.  He got a try out but didnt make it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:50:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not really,  He will need further development too succeed and he may not get that.  Look at Clarett.  Similar circumstances.  He got a try out but didnt make it.

He better start practicing saying 'Do you want fries with that?'
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:52:46 PM EDT
[#5]
He'll be about as successfull as his one-dimensional brother Ron Mexico.

Paging LarryG to tell us of his love for the Vick's.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:56:35 PM EDT
[#6]
He keeps pulling that crap in Virginia and he's gonna get popped by somebody.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:57:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Waving his gun around.  
About college, he said “It’s not a big deal. I’ll just move on the next level, baby.”

Your right, the NFL and other pro sports certainly have a track record of turning down athletes because of criminal records despite their athletic ability......   fortunately I don't think he has the ability. NFL teams will certainly give him a shot, but I don't think he will make it, then him and Maurice can go back to school and pay their own way this time......or flip burgers for a living.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:58:05 PM EDT
[#8]
too bad he is an idiot. He is a better player than his brother already
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:02:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow, I saw confirmation in the title and thought Bush withdrew Alito and nominated Lil' Vick.

roy d...I bet the SCOTUS would love to have him on their team when they play the Cabinet members in flag football.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:04:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Enjoy him, Raiders fans.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:06:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I bet he called Maurice Clarrett for draft tips  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:06:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:09:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Who else would he call?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:12:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Marcus Vick arrested on firearms charges

Marcus Vick
POLICE PHOTO

By STEPHANIE HEINATZ AND KYLE TUCKER, The Virginian-Pilot
© January 9, 2006

SUFFOLK –– Marcus Vick, the former Virginia Tech quarterback who was dismissed from the team last week after various troubles on the field and with the law, was arrested and charged Monday with three counts of brandishing a firearm, a misdemeanor.

The 21-year-old turned himself in at the Suffolk magistrate’s office Monday afternoon, where he was later released on a $10,000 bond. Sunday night, shortly after 9 p.m., police were called to the parking lot of the McDonalds at 6201 College Dr.

The mother of a 17-year-old boy reported that Vick “had pointed a weapon at her son and two others during an altercation,” said police spokeswoman Lt. D.J. George.

Larry Woodward, Vick’s lawyer, acknowledged the arrest Monday, but declined further comment until later in the day.
Marcus Vick, the former Virginia Tech quarterback, leaves the magistrate's office at Tidewater Regional Jail Monday afternoonafter making bail on a charge of brandishing a firearm. Photo by Mike Kestner / The Virginian-Pilot  

Reached shortly before turning himself in, Vick’s response to questions about the incident was a dial tone. Calls to Vick’s mother’s Suffolk home went unanswered.

This arrest is just the latest incident in a tumultuous two-year stretch for Vick.

On May 14, 2004, Vick was charged with three counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and sentenced to 30 days in jail, which he later avoided with an appeal. That charge was the result of a party with three teenage girls, in which Vick provided alcohol and was accused of, but never charged with, having sex with one of them -– a 15-year-old.

Then, on July 3, 2004, after Vick was pulled over on Interstate 64 in New Kent County for driving 88 in a 65-mph zone, he was found in possession of marijuana. One month later, he pleaded no contest to the drug charge, received probation, a suspended license and was booted out of school and off the football team for the season.

Under a last-chance, zero-tolerance agreement, Vick returned to school and his team in January 2005. As the starting quarterback, he led Tech to an 11-2 record and received All-ACC honors this season.

But during last Monday’s Gator Bowl victory, Vick stomped on the leg of a defenseless opposing player, drawing intense national scrutiny and criticism.

As school officials and coaches were trying to decide on his punishment, it was discovered Friday that he had been pulled over in Hampton for speeding and driving on a suspended license on Dec. 17.

That was the final straw from Virginia Tech. University president Charles Steger announced late Friday afternoon that Vick had been permanently dismissed from the football team.

That night, Vick was spotted in a Virginia Beach restaurant and told The Virginian-Pilot: “It’s not a big deal. I’ll just move on the next level, baby.”

Reach Stephanie Heinatz at (757) 222-5563 or [email protected]

Reach Kyle Tucker at 757-446-2374 or at [email protected]

So zero-tolerance means what?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:20:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Waving his gun around.  

Your right, the NFL and other pro sports certainly have a track record of turning down athletes because of criminal records despite their athletic ability......   fortunately I don't think he has the ability. NFL teams will certainly give him a shot, but I don't think he will make it, then him and Maurice can go back to school and pay their own way this time......or flip burgers for a living.

Yeah, but no-one is going to waste a good draft pick on him. Hopefully the spoiled brat can't handle not being the top dog and washes out. One can always hope.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:22:55 PM EDT
[#16]
un
drafted
free
agent

is what he will be
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:25:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Nothing says classy like getting in a fight in a mcdonald's parking lot.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:25:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
NFL Europe

is what he will be

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:26:23 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Nothing says classy like getting in a fight in a mcdonald's parking lot.

hey, at least it wasn't Arby's.....

but those NFL scouts will be glad to hear that he's eatin right.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:26:46 PM EDT
[#20]
What a fuck
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:29:34 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
NFL Europe

is what he will be

unless he does what Clarett did on New Years Eve. Clarett was supposed to sign with an NFL team to play in Europe on Jan 2nd.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:33:06 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
NFL Europe

is what he will be

unless he does what Clarett did on New Years Eve. Clarett was supposed to sign with an NFL team to play in Europe on Jan 2nd.

He is young enough that even if he has to do some jail time, some team will ship him off to Europe and give him a chance.

I think he is a punkass punk.......but maybe a little age and he might understand the "rules of life".
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:33:31 PM EDT
[#23]
One knee injury and guess who will be selling crack for a living and talking it up about how great he could have been.

You would be amazed how many players they have out for the season because of drugs, fights, gun shot wounds and arrests.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:42:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:16:24 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Clarett was a pretty high pick considering. His mistake was taking an incentive based contract and not accepting the big signing bonus they offered him...
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:31:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Wouldn't surprise me to find this guy face down in a ditch in the future.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:39:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Kid is a spoiled jackass, for sure.

But don't overlook his football ability (which is what some NFL team will ultimately decide is more important)...there are things that he was significantly better at in college than Michael was.

He'll be a 2nd day pick and may make the roster of whatever team drafts him.  He won't play for several years, if ever, though (but he'll already have more money than you and I).
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:43:49 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Waving his gun around.  

The NFL will touch him because he is a talented athlete.

What I find amazing is that we have a system in colleges and universities that caters to athletes, especially football players, to such an extent that hardly anything they do can be punished, no matter how egregious. Vick, in fact, would probably still be on the Tech team if the governor of Virginia hadn't made a point of calling the Tech president and explaining how unhappy he was with the reputation Vick was giving Virginia.

Athletes are spoiled and pampered and then when they cross the line (which no one has EVER taught them, by the way...) they get hammered.

Vick needs a butt whoopin. But so does the entire collegiate athletics system, including the Alumnae. Championship football = alumnae money = all sorts of silly sh*t to keep the alums giving, including pampering the heck out of athletes so they become developmentally challenged.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:46:19 PM EDT
[#29]
I can see the future:

"Have you ever heard of nylon polymer?"
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:46:24 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
So zero-tolerance means what?

It means that we don't tolerate that stuff....unless you give us a shot at bowl games (bowl games = money) and then we will give you fifteenth chances if necessary, until the governor calls and yells at the college president and you get the boot....
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:48:37 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
He is young enough that even if he has to do some jail time, some team will ship him off to Europe and give him a chance.

I think he is a punkass punk.......but maybe a little age and he might understand the "rules of life".

High school taught him that he was a gifted athlete and that the rules would bend for him.

College taught him that he was a gifted athlete and that the rules would bend for him, plus there were lots of people depending on him to bring them money, which gave him extra leverage.

We do a particularly awful job of instilling responsibility in athletes. If you had any idea of the hand-holding that goes on at most universities regarding the football players and the like, it would sicken you.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:49:06 PM EDT
[#32]
I think Virginia Tech is taking over Miami's claim to being THUG University.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:53:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:55:04 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
It is amazing how professional sports and fans reward such thuggish and juvenile behavior with professional contracts and licensing deals.  Bread and circuses, bread and circuses.

If it weren't for their atheletic skills, most would be in jail.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:59:04 PM EDT
[#35]
How in the hell is pointing a gun at 3 teenagers (I say that realizing their probably thugs themselves) only a misdemeanor???  With all the political bleating about gun violence this is amazing.  I suppose they keep brandishing a misdemeanor so they can rally for more gun laws.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:04:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Zero tolerance means that if you're good enough, you get a second chance.  I had 2 former teammates in college, one  named Shawn Collins, and the other named David Lang. Both were thugs, both were suspended or kicked off the team for this, that or the other.  David was actually drafted by the Rams WHILE HE WAS IN PRISON IN ARIZONA!!  Shawn was drafted in the second round by the Falcons, and David went on to win a few Super Bowl rings with the Cowboys.  David was recently killed in Atlanta during a drug deal.  Shawn probably isn't far behind.

Bottom line-if you're good enough, you'll play.  This Vick thug is good enough-in fact, he is good enough to play several positions: WR, DB, RB and QB.  He'll definitely play.  And most of you all will sit around the living room with your sons, or pay big bucks to go and see his thug ass play.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:04:43 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
We do a particularly awful job of instilling responsibility in athletes. If you had any idea of the hand-holding that goes on at most universities regarding the football players and the like, it would sicken you.

John, it is the parents whom did the awful job in most cases.

Although I agree with you in principle.......I would hate to know it was my responsibility to instill responsibility in some of these jackasses.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:44:33 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Although I agree with you in principle.......I would hate to know it was my responsibility to instill responsibility in some of these jackasses.

The problem is that now that his brother is a multimillionaire, his parents wont do shit either because they want to live off their sons.   They would defend them if they were Dahlmer and Hannibal.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:58:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Vick the Prick is nothing but a gangsta with physical talents.  My guess is that he's definitely damaged goods now and NO NFL team will want to touch him.  He's the plague...he's a leper...NO team wants him now.

The dude is poison.  Just consider the recent scandals in the league this past season.  Now...put yourself in the teams' boardrooms as they go over prospects for next season.  What do you think the teams' J. Nobel Daggets are going to have to say about this little thug?

Would any of YOU want him on your team?

Stick a fork in him...the arrogant little prick is done.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:58:32 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

High school taught him that he was a gifted athlete and that the rules would bend for him.

College taught him that he was a gifted athlete and that the rules would bend for him, plus there were lots of people depending on him to bring them money, which gave him extra leverage.

Division III is where it's at, baby !!!

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:05:52 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Vick the Prick is nothing but a gangsta with physical talents.  My guess is that he's definitely damaged goods now and NO NFL team will want to touch him.  He's the plague...he's a leper...NO team wants him now.

The dude is poison.  Just consider the recent scandals in the league this past season.  Now...put yourself in the teams' boardrooms as they go over prospects for next season.  What do you think the teams' J. Nobel Daggets are going to have to say about this little thug?

Would any of YOU want him on your team?

Stick a fork in him...the arrogant little prick is done.  

They have a team for players like that, the Raiders.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:19:20 PM EDT
[#42]
He's not worth the legal trouble. How could any team make money off him? They'll be lucky breaking even after paying off the lawyers.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:27:36 PM EDT
[#43]
he'll be a millionare next year
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:32:05 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Enjoy him, Raiders fans.

Damn beat me to it
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:48:55 PM EDT
[#45]
People forget that football is a violent game. I know, shocking.

A violent game mean thugs. There are many players who, if they weren't playing football, would be in jail or dead. There are plenty that you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley.

But we love to watch them beat the crap out of each other every Sunday.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:58:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Maybe he was getting beat up by the 3 kids? Maybe they threatened him enough to have to pull a gun? Was he a legal owner of the firearm? Does anyone know the REAL STORY IN ITS ENTIRETY?

Gotta say that, even though I personally feel he's a PAB (punk ass biotch)

- rem
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:07:28 PM EDT
[#47]
It's all football's fault!

His family had nothing to do with it. Strange how solid families turn out great people and players like Howie Long and Emmit Smith.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:10:43 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
He keeps pulling that crap in Virginia and he's gonna get popped by somebody.

BIG +1

Sooner or later he will wave that gun at the wrong guy and...bye-bye Marcus.

Expect the state to spend lots of time and money to bust the person who did it, even if they were in the right for doing it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:21:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Fucking amazing.  With his talent and the fact that his last name is Vick, this kid could write his own ticket, but he'll piss it all away because he can't keep a leash on his Id.

Oh well, there's always the Ravens.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:24:24 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Parents of these athletes are often no better than anyone else.

Still, a bad parent is one thing. But entire institutions made up of thousands of people who bend every rule, law, and principle to accomodate these athletes is every bit as damaging.

Nobody takes the initiative to instill responsibility into them. That is the problem. There is nothing wrong with offering athletes help with their academics, but universities these days have created an envirionment where certain athletes are treated like royalty and the rest of the students (who actually pay the bills) are treated like second class citizens.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top