Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2006 11:04:16 PM EDT
On the radio, french man taken hostage earlier finally surrenders to the terrorists, is allowed to leave then flags down an American unit and surrenders to them also.

Too soon for link
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:05:03 PM EDT
[#1]
french + surrender = dupe
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:19:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

First ze Romans, zen ze Germans...now ze Muslims. *sigh* I juz want to make pastres!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:23:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:24:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Thats No Big Suprize LOL
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:32:11 PM EDT
[#5]
That's not "BREAKING NEWS".  For it to breaking news the French would have to start a war and finish it.  But it has to be with a military organization that has a good army that can fight.  Like the Girl Scouts.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:51:25 PM EDT
[#6]
WoW, they finally put it in print. I thought the phrench thing would hit fast on the wires...

www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,181000,00.html
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:09:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:16:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Im glad they didnt kill him....but, Im wondering why they didnt.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:19:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Tell Chirac those were just firecrackers.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:32:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Not to soon. with all this english-bashing lately i will have started to be jealous very soon

ussneverdock.blogspot.com/2006/01/iraq-french-hostage-rescued.html

Iraq - French Hostage Rescued
That's what CNN says.

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- A French humanitarian worker who had been held hostage in Iraq for more than a month was freed Saturday during a joint U.S.-Iraqi military operation, the military said.

Bernard Planche, who worked for AACCESS on water projects in the country, was being held in a farmhouse west of Baghdad.

Conducting a joint search operation in the area, U.S. and Iraqi military came upon the farmhouse, and Planche's captors fled, leaving him free to walk away.

Somehow the BBC doesn't see it that way.

A French engineer who has been held hostage in Iraq since December has been freed, Iraqi security officials and the French government have said.

Bernard Planche, 52, was released at a US checkpoint near Abu Ghraib jail, west of Baghdad, on Saturday.

The Guardian has a third version of events.

BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) - A French engineer taken hostage in Iraq last month was found alive in a car, Iraqi police said Sunday.

Bernard Planche was found Saturday night after several men fled the car just before reaching a checkpoint in the western Baghdad suburb of Abu Ghraib, said Maj. Falah al-Mohammadawi.

And i will add the french version that you will never see with your msm:
PARIS (AFP) - French Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin thanked the United States for its help in securing the release of a French hostage kidnapped in Iraq.

Bernard Planche, 52, was released Saturday in the Iraqi capital, President Jacques Chirac's office said in a statement.

Villepin congratulated the French diplomatic and intelligence services for working to win the engineer's freedom, but he also expressed his gratitude to the United States for its support.

The prime minister said he "thanks the American authorities who gave their support" in the form of a "security operation in the suburbs of Baghdad," according to a statement Sunday.

Planche was taken by an insurgent group on December 5 from his home in Baghdad.

He was released near a checkpoint set up by US and Iraqi security forces to the west of the Iraqi capital.

"The kidnappers were in a car with the hostage. They fled when they saw the soldiers," an Iraqi security source said.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:09:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Great idea, morons. Let's poke fun at a frenchman who was working on a US-FUNDED reconstruction project.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:34:03 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Great idea, morons. Let's poke fun at a frenchman who was working on a US-FUNDED reconstruction project.

There are two things you can bash here on arfcom; Christians and the French. Everyone else is off limits.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:48:44 AM EDT
[#13]
So we:

Take 200 KIAs in Lebanon and turn tail and run.
Take 19 KIAs in Somalia and then turn tail and run.
Take 2,000 KIAs in Iraq, and most Americans want to turn tail and run.

And somehow the French are worse than us?

I'm not saying US soldiers are chickenshits, it is the US populace/political class.   The same is true of the French.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:31:34 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Hell, I didn't even read the article or thread.  That was just my way of saying "tag".
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:39:15 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are two things you can bash here on arfcom; Christians and the French. Everyone else is off limits.

I got my pee pee whacked for mocking christians, so that is off limits too.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:43:44 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
So we:

Take 200 KIAs in Lebanon and turn tail and run.
Take 19 KIAs in Somalia and then turn tail and run.
Take 2,000 KIAs in Iraq, and most Americans want to turn tail and run.

And somehow the French are worse than us?

I'm not saying US soldiers are chickenshits, it is the US populace/political class.   The same is true of the French.

I hate it when people like you make me think.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:38:21 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

<snip>

I got my pee pee whacked for mocking christians, so that is off limits too.

<beavis_and_butthead>
"Huh huh huh....... you said"
</beavis_and_butthead>
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top