Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2006 7:23:23 PM EDT
Commercial for the 2007 Chevy Tahoe just came on.

1)The new Tahoe looks like ass.  

2)One segment of the commercial shows an African-American(cannot tell if it's a male or female, but did have an earring) that is wearing a stocking cap in what appears to be warm weather. WTF?

3)Yes I know it's a big vehicle and all, but why do you NEED a back up camera?  If you do then you need to probably look into a smaller vehicle.

4)I think overall the commercial sucks.

I don't mean to offend anyone in this thread...rant mode is disengaged.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:34:58 PM EDT
[#1]
a bit 'o bumpage
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:36:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Supposedly a pretty nice vehicle, but I don't think it's going to save them.  

Commerical wasn't much to see.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:39:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Supposedly a pretty nice vehicle, but I don't think it's going to save them.  

Commerical wasn't much to see.

I agree.  I think the TrailBlazer and the TB EXT are better vehicles.  

Excuse me for a sec-I'm enjoying a cup of TrailBlazer Kool-aid right now
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:41:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

2)One segment of the commercial shows an African-American(cannot tell if it's a male or female, but did have an earring) that is wearing a stocking cap in what appears to be warm weather. WTF?

Your obviously not HIP enough to own one.  Aright.

3)Yes I know it's a big vehicle and all, but why do you NEED a back up camera?  If you do then you need to probably look into a smaller vehicle.

Well if you pull a (large) trailer.... it helps.

All commercials suck.  I'm not hip enough to drive, listen to music etc.  About the only thing I'm good for (according to Madison Ave.) is EXlax and a Scooter.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:43:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

About the only thing I'm good for (according to Madison Ave.) is EXlax and a Scooter.

If you use both at the same time, it could get ugly.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:44:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

About the only thing I'm good for (according to Madison Ave.) is EXlax and a Scooter.

If you use both at the same time, it could get ugly.  

LMAO!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:49:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I've got an avalanche and I understand why they put a back up camera on the tahoe.  There is a company that makes them after market for about $500, they quoted how many back over accidents there are every year it was like 6000 and that's just people, I bet it's twice that for pets!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:54:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

3)Yes I know it's a big vehicle and all, but why do you NEED a back up camera?

The back up camera is so you don't run over the dumb kid that's standing behind you in your blind spot!  If they are less than about 4 ft tall, and stand directly behind almost any SUV, you cannot see them, and some people are dumb enough to stand behind a vehicle after the engine is started.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:57:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I love my backup camera in my much-smaller-than-the-Tahoe Acura MDX.  I guess I don't technically *need* it, but it sure is a nice feature.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:11:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Back-up cams are worth their weight in gold.  The equipment is very cheap compared to a repair bill.  I bet GM has less than $500 in parts for the system.  We get them for the Firetrucks at work for less than $1,000, and that's an infrared model.

Statistics show that backing accounts for a very high percentage of accidents.

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!  I tried to yahoo on "auto accident statistics" and all I got was dagum lawyer advertisements.  I think the last two people on earth will be two laywers suing one another.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:18:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I think overall this thread sucks.

[rant mode disengaged]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top