Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2006 9:56:34 AM EDT
Any place sell them prefer a turtle neck style.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:59:38 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Any place sell them prefer a turtle neck style.

hmm...gonna be tough

not sure of any that are zombie and vampire rated.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:01:21 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Yup it protects from the sharp teeth but not the crushing force of the jaws.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:01:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:04:27 AM EDT
[#4]
There are custom chain mail makers out there that will make them to order in a variety of materials, even titanium.  Takes a few months, the sleeved titanium one I calculated would cost $8000.

I've never seen turtle neck chain mail.  Wouldn't it sag?  Usually the neck was protected by the mail headpiece, that dropped down covering the neck..
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:06:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Dang Stainless steel would be fine.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:09:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
There are custom chain mail makers out there that will make them to order in a variety of materials, even titanium.  Takes a few months, the sleeved titanium one I calculated would cost $8000.  which is a bargain when you consider life as a zombie

I've never seen turtle neck chain mail.  Wouldn't it sag?  Usually the nuck was protected by the mail headpiece.

only if it was a mock turtle neck...highly unrecommended and decidedly untactical.

82nd's wd40 idea is one to follow up on.  how high speed would you be if your suit locked up due to zombie and vampire blood corrosion.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:18:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:24:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually it's the other way around.  Piercing weapons go through the chain,  slashing weapons are deflected, and the force of crushing attacks it spread out through the links over a large area, lessing their impact.

I've made several pieces of chain mail. material costs for a suit is about $400. but it took easily 2 months to  link it  together.

Sara's Chainmail connection

for resources.  I've used the Ring Lord for rings before. They deliver quickly.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:26:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Normal Zombie teeth won't go through it will they?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:28:39 AM EDT
[#10]
In Texas, www.chainmail.com/
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:30:44 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

no, but vampires can have large talons fangs and could pierce the chain mail.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:34:22 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
In Texas, www.chainmail.com/

the male chastity "devices" are interesting.  great way to protect your head.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:39:45 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

no, but vampires can have large talons fangs and could pierce the chain mail.

chain mail that protects from vampires is normally made from silver but the lower ranks just use an outer garment of burlap with garlic stuffed between that and the normal outer layer. you can put flowers, twigs, roots, leaves and such in the burlap to make harder to see. the siliver chainmail sparkles in the sunlight and jingles when you walk so you might want to take a hard look a the burlap solution.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:56:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually it's the other way around.  Piercing weapons go through the chain,  slashing weapons are deflected, and the force of crushing attacks it spread out through the links over a large area, lessing their impact.

So I can slam your arm with a war-hammer and you would be OK... Bullshit! Every one knows a zombies bite can and will crush an unprotected arm or leg! And those jackasses can bite! Ill have to get some pic's of my leg. From when it was in the cast, after I was attacked last year. I was wearing my tactical Ti chain mail long johns. And it still screwed me up for weeks! God damn crawlers!
So get your facts straight! I dont want to lose a bunch of you to bad info they got of the interweb!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:00:15 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So I can slam your arm with a war-hammer and you would be OK... Bullshit! Every one knows a zombies bite can and will crush an unprotected arm or leg! And those jackasses can bite! Ill have to get some pic's of my leg. From when it was in the cast, after I was attacked last year. I was wearing my tactical Ti chain mail long johns. And it still screwed me up for weeks! God damn crawlers!
So get your facts straight! I dont want to lose a bunch of you to bad info they got of the interweb!

No you won't "be fine".  But the force of the blow will be spread out along the mail's surface area.  This plus the leather/cloth padding underneath should help with the blow.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:38:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Long ago when I used to be into this shit I used to make chainmail .

A real easy quick and dirty set up is a steel bar on wooden blocks and steal wire . You can roll your own links preaty easy .

One day I actualy did take a peice of double mail with me to the range . The only thing it stopped was a 38 wad cutter .
9mm ,and 762x39,even 22lr zipped right through .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top