Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 3:34:03 PM EDT
I want to buy my wife a pendant she has her eye on at Tiffanys. being the cheapskate that i am I usually nego on big stuff.

But I have never shopped at these chain jewelry stores.

Are they open to negotiation???Or is the price set in stone??
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:36:43 PM EDT
[#1]
nope, maybe at a flea market or jewlery exchange. But when your gonna buy Tiffany's jewlery get ready to pay some big bucks for them
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:43:39 PM EDT
[#2]
id try anyway worst they can say is no,
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:44:52 PM EDT
[#3]
yes, Tiffany's will negotiate
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:46:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm guilty of it too but isn't it amazing how conditioned we to think all prices are fixed.

You'd be surprised how many stores would if you just asked.

Again, what have you to loose other then looking like a cheap ass in front of everyone.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:46:41 PM EDT
[#5]
i am living proof that tiffanys will negotiate...
its all about how you talk to them.,,
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:52:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe not a Tiffany's but my wife has shopped some chains and left sales people with her # and an interest in some things "if they go on sale" and they often call.  Never hurts to try.  Time constraints may be the problem for you though.  Nearly anything that you're seeing in a chain store is available to a smaller jeweler and you could get considerable discounts from a motivated owner, who can and will deal.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:10:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm guilty of it too but isn't it amazing how conditioned we to think all prices are fixed.

You'd be surprised how many stores would if you just asked.

Again, what have you to loose other then looking like a cheap ass in front of everyone.

it's only a sales clerk.  why do people worry about the clerk who makes less than most americans?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:11:38 PM EDT
[#8]
ask to see the manger
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:11:54 PM EDT
[#9]
The mark-up on jewelry and such is HUGE, sometimes in the 1000% range.  So negotiate,  the mark-ups are high so that they can have sales of 25-50% off and still make a big profit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top