Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 6:30:12 AM EDT
I juts found out that I can get the cost of new appliances put into my morgage on my new house  that I'm about to close on. This is an awesome deal because it's like getting a $2000 or $3000 loan for 30 years at <6% interest and will raise the value of the home when I sell it down the line. However I am closing next week and my agent needs to know what, if anything, I will be getting by today!

So, should I go through with this, and if so, what models should I get? The house doesn't have a dishwasher, so I think I will at least get that. The Oven is also very old and so that would be my next choice for replacement. Finally, there's the fridge, which works fine and isn't too old but I figure I might replace it as well while I have the chance.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:44:48 AM EDT
[#1]
"get both"

ETA, appliance stores will do 0% for 1-3 years, so that would be a better deal.  

If my math is correct, 6% on 3000 for 30 yrs comes to 8400 when all is said and done.  While 0% on 3000 for 3 years is still only 3000.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:46:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't do it!  Think about what the true cost of this stuff is going to be, when added to your mortgage.  You are better off saving up and paying cash.  Fall back position is to use a credit card and pay it off as quick as you can if you really need the stuff.  

ETA: Where are you in VA. I can help you move.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:49:42 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Don't do it!  Think about what the true cost of this stuff is going to be, when added to your mortgage.  You are better off saving up and payung cash.  Fall back position is to use a credit card and pay it off as quick as you can if you really need the stuff.  

Your right why would he really need a dishwasher, oven and fridge anyway.

Sounds like a good deal go for the dishwasher and oven.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:50:23 AM EDT
[#4]
You have to post spider pics to attract DrFridge

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:54:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
"get both"

If my math is correct, 6% on 3000 for 30 yrs comes to 8400 when all is said and done.  While 0% on 3000 for 3 years is still only 3000.  

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It seems like most ovens and dishwashers go for around $500-$1000 tops. So for those it might be better to just pay with cash. Bah, I can't decide.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:03:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"get both"

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It seems like most ovens and dishwashers go for around $500-$1000 tops. So for those it might be better to just pay with cash. Bah, I can't decide.

<Dave Ramsey>Pay cash if you can.  Credit is the way of the Dark Side. </Dave Ramsey>
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:11:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Bosch makes a very quiet dishwasher with stainless internals.  Some of the other guys are starting to do the same.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top