User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2006 6:08:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:12:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm amazed they waited 2 hours
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:13:02 PM EDT
[#2]
They've got alot of AR's. Can't see if they have a happy switch or not, though. Lots of Eotechs
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:14:38 PM EDT
[#3]
SWAT gets M16's, regular cops get semi.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:18:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
They've got alot of AR's. Can't see if they have a happy switch or not, though. Lots of Eotechs hr

Yep, they had happy switches ahaha. I was looking for them too and lo and behold, they were there. Life is good for those guys haha.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:19:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone see any P90s?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:20:34 PM EDT
[#6]
same episode a yesterday?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:24:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
SWAT gets M16's, regular cops get semi.

I get semi when I look at M16s too.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:40:17 PM EDT
[#8]
The bad guys have state of the art AK47and SKS assault rifles with 40 round banana clips...lol
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:48:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Pissing me off bad.  They talk about AKs, which we all know are semis.  Then they show some dude ripping off bursts with a full auto, which of course leads 99.9% of people watching to believe that an SKS or AK is always full auto.

Then they show a MAC11, and demo it by firing a select fire Glock.  

Fuck them.  Fooking trudheads.   Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:49:11 PM EDT
[#10]
What episode are you watching?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:50:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I thought they were a little melodramatic about the guns in the banger's house.  A POS sawed-off shotgun with a cheap laser on it and a high-point carbine?  Not exactly the most well armed thugs.  Overall they seem to be very professional though.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:52:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Pissing me off bad.  They talk about AKs, which we all know are semis.  Then they show some dude ripping off bursts with a full auto, which of course leads 99.9% of people watching to believe that an SKS or AK is always full auto.

EXACTLY! They're sensationalizing the guns a weeeeeee bit too much. It makes for good TV, but I *HATE* what it does to public opinion.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:52:16 PM EDT
[#13]
They didn't shoot the dog!!!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:52:20 PM EDT
[#14]
They didn't shoot the dog. Must be fake.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:09:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I enjoyed it. Nice to see something new. I am surprised on the 1st episode they spent so much time on personal stuff, IE the ex-girlfriend....

The sniper cop had the largest 'I love me' wall I have ever seen, and I have seen some big ones (mostly retired grunt Gunny's).

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:14:39 PM EDT
[#16]
they are probably trying to make their job and show more exciting, "oh look at all the danger that could have happened"
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:16:36 PM EDT
[#17]
If were lucky they won't turn it into another "COPS". That show went Hollyweird years ago.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:18:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I missed it. I did watch Texas S.W.A.T. on Court TV. I like that show.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:21:53 PM EDT
[#19]
I watched Dallas SWAT tonight, all I know is, I saw a Hi Point carbine and a single shot sawed off with a "laser" tapped to the trigger guard...it could have been made even more funny if the officers allowed it to be!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:49:22 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I enjoyed it. Nice to see something new. I am surprised on the 1st episode they spent so much time on personal stuff, IE the ex-girlfriend....

The sniper cop had the largest 'I love me' wall I have ever seen, and I have seen some big ones (mostly retired grunt Gunny's).

Not too much on her...she was pretty hot for a late thirties early forties gal....I thought she might fall out of that low cut neck line at the dinner table.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:56:04 PM EDT
[#21]
How do I get my SKS to fire '10 rounds a second'?

You would think that owning 4 of the 'deadliest guns in the world' (2/AK and 2/SKS) I would know that by now.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:56:17 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

EXACTLY! They're sensationalizing the guns a weeeeeee bit too much. It makes for good TV, but I *HATE* what it does to public opinion.

You two were obviously watching Texas SWAT, and not Dallas SWAT.  Both of you need to pull your fucking feet out of your mouths.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:57:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
The bad guys have state of the art AK47and SKS assault rifles with 40 round banana clips...lol

Last I checked they still kill too.  Also fear the man not the gun.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:58:36 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

A certain member here provided that Glock 18 and that Uzi that was used in TEXAS SWAT on Court TV.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:00:06 PM EDT
[#25]
I thought Dallas SWAT was really well made.  I'm glad they didnt put too mmuch on the tactical aspect, but allowed you to see the more personal sides of the cops.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:01:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Did anybody else think it was funny when they were looking at the hi-point and POS shotgun and one of the guys made a comment like, "Those are some of the most powerful weapons on the street, coulda gone right through are vests"
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:02:11 PM EDT
[#27]
The SWAT competition was at Front Sight.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:03:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Weird how they have 2 shows running, based on the same thing. I noticed Steve Claggett (sp?) in both of them, I remember him from Combat Missions on USA network. I guess since this is his third reality series, he is officially a star now........
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:15:13 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I was saying the same thing when I saw it....... you can tell he loves himself without seeing the "wall".
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:36:57 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Did anybody else think it was funny when they were looking at the hi-point and POS shotgun and one of the guys made a comment like, "Those are some of the most powerful weapons on the street, coulda gone right through are vests"

They didnt address it, but Dallas SWAT are some very sarcastic people.  Alot of them have very dry senses of humor.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:42:22 PM EDT
[#31]
It's on again @ 0200 EST for those of us who didn't catch it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:50:17 PM EDT
[#32]
The team leader guy on Texas SWAT was really mugging for the camera last night. It was getting pretty funny. They did a whole bunch of closeups with him posing in really determined and serious ways. He made a bunch of really off the wall statements as well. He was trying to hard to be cool. The other guys working with him were all professional, and seemed like pros. I was very much impressed with the way they handled themselves.

I heard that statement he made after finding the shotgun, SKS and tech nine. Pretty sensational.
All in all it was fun to watch. Those guys are pretty amazing to do a job like that. Cool stuff.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:56:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Dallas S.W.A.T was a pretty good show (A&E), but Texas S.W.A.T was crap (Court TV).

The Texas show was the one with the High Point, SKS (that they called an AK) and the BS lines about armor piercing ammo. Also, all the NV shots were pretty stupid, and they basically looked like a bunch of idiots running around.

'LT. cover our six'....
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:06:14 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You two were obviously watching Texas SWAT, and not Dallas SWAT.  Both of you need to pull your fucking feet out of your mouths.

You are right, two different shows, and I was watching "Texas SWAT".  My bad.

That said, kiss my ass.  My point is still valid.  They were dishonest in their portrayal of firearms on a show with a wide general audience.  I repeat:  FUCK THEM.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top