Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2006 2:08:58 PM EDT
Inspired by the "Morning Show Teams" thread...

I've noticed  one station in my area(Chicago), plays the same song twice a day.  One day I was in the car and "Mr. Brightside" by The Killers is on.  This was about 8:30 in the morning.  In the afternoon about noon what song comes on?

wait for it..

"Mr. Brightside" by the Killers.  

Even on XM radio the other day they had their top 10 list on the 60's channel.  This was in the late morning.

At night it was the same top ten list!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:13:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I hate it, some of the top 40s stations around here seemingly only have about 15 songs that they play from all day long, just over and over and over and over.  I hate the FM radio.  I think clear channel may have something to do with it.  I know some guys in a band from around here and they were signed with a record deal, and the guitarist/singer was telling me how hard it was to get airtime on radio stations because so many were owned by clear channel and clear channel had so much control over what songs were played.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:14:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like 105.9 in Nashville, TN.  The "all Lynard Skynard all the time" station.  I used to actually like a few of their songs, but after hearing all the good ones at least once a day, sometimes as many as 3 times a day it made me really glad when 96.3 came on the air.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:15:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep.

One station played 'Shock The Monkey' for several months straight and nothing else. Just Peter Gabriel around the clock 24/7.

That was in 1989
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:21:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yep.

One station played 'Shock The Monkey' for several months straight and nothing else. Just Peter Gabriel around the clock 24/7.

That was in 1989

Great way to close the station down for lack of advertising money.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:32:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Inspired by the "Morning Show Teams" thread...

I've noticed  one station in my area(Chicago), plays the same song twice a day.  One day I was in the car and "Mr. Brightside" by The Killers is on.  This was about 8:30 in the morning.  In the afternoon about noon what song comes on?

wait for it..

"Mr. Brightside" by the Killers.  

You're lucky if it's just twice a day.

Most of the modern music oriented stations will play the same song every 2-3 hours.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:34:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yep.

That was in 1989

Great way to close the station down for lack of advertising money.

The story was the station was being sold so the owner just played 'STM' during the selling phase at least that was what my dad heard
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top