Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2006 12:50:55 AM EDT
I just watched the movie "Munich" by Steven Spielberg tonight and thought it was well made and

yet quite thought provoking. Although I watch many political and social issue inspired movies, I am

always debating each scene in my mind as to if it is advocating or disdaining some action. Anyways, I

was wondering what the AR15 crowd thought of the film. - Kool-Aid (LCA ts1337)

ETA: This is a link to the website for the movie:

Munich

And this is a quote from an interview with Steven Spielberg:

"This movie is not an argument for non-response. On the contrary, what this movie is showing is

a response that may be the right response is still one that confronts you with some very difficult

issues."
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:58:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Want to see it, but havent seen it playing around here.  I did watch "The Ringer" though
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:26:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I saw it yesterday. The day before though, I rented the movie ( documentary) "One day in September", a 1999 doc on the whole incident in which they actually talk to one of the surviving terrorists. Very good  documentary on the Munich games. This gave me a good perspective and background on what actually happened so that when I saw the movie "Munich" I could differentiate between fact and fiction. Remember, Spielberg says his movie is "inspired by real events", a disclaimer that says he used a lot of "directors" discretion in the story. i.e. fiction. Here is a link of a great description of what happened there and I recommend you read it before going to the movie so as to get a little history behind it. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munich_Massacre.
I liked the movie; a bit long; some good action. Although if as Spielberg says, this movie will try to make both sides see the other sides view and bring peace etc., I don't see that happening.
Two things of note: The babe Marie-Josee Croze has a great naked body and the very last scene of the N.Y. skyline. Notice anything?
Bags

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:56:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm not watching it. It's giving terrorist Palestinians the pass. We've got the Olympics coming up and I don't want our athletes getting killed because of sissy ideas like "equivalence". If those terrorists are going to pull anything, they better know that we will go after them and those around them with maximum vengeance.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:58:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

yet quite thought provoking.

That was the goal of the movie, to provoke thought, not to educate.

Which means that the content has been altered from actual history.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:26:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I admit it. I saw it. That chick as an awsome body.

I wonder if we have secret hit squads. Cause that would be awsome.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:45:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Does a Hellfire firing Predator count?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:47:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Does a Hellfire firing Predator count?

If that counts, so does a cruise-missile firing BUFF
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top