Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2005 3:11:56 PM EDT
This SUCKS...
Came home from work yesterday and went straight to bed. By 9pm I was puking in the toilet a few times, then again a little later.
Spent the whole day today in bed, and will likely spend the rest of the weekend in bed.
I feel like Iv'e lost 10lbs and was run over by a truck...
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:12:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Alcohol kills everything.

So does fire, but I wouldn't recommend drinking fire

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:13:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in the same boat. Got sick starting last night.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:14:12 PM EDT
[#3]
* moving thread to "QUARANTINED" forum *
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:14:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry Bro.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:16:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
* moving thread to "QUARANTINED" forum *

Haha..   I feel like i'm quarantined...   My wife sent two of the kids to friends houses for sleepovers, and took the other two with her up to her parents house...
She just left me here to rot...
Real sweet of the wife huh ?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:22:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
This SUCKS...
Came home from work yesterday and went straight to bed. By 9pm I was puking in the toilet a few times, then again a little later.
Spent the whole day today in bed, and will likely spend the rest of the weekend in bed.
I feel like Iv'e lost 10lbs and was run over by a truck...

Me too, dude.  I've been dosing with hot buttered 151 rum, and I'm goin to the party anyway.  Fuck it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:25:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I went to a local walk-in clinic at 8pm last night with a fever of 102.9.

I was there 2 weeks ago with fever, chills, muscle aches, congestion, etc.
They drew a blood sample, and determined it was a bacterial infection.
Prescribed erythromycin.  Three times a day for 10 days.
And I took them religiously.

I started feeling better after the 2nd day.

But after I was finished, I started getting cold-like symptoms again.

Then the fever hit me yesterday like a ton of bricks.

Different doc at the clinic asked if I didn't have prescription covered insurance,
because he didn't understand why the first doc prescribed an "inferior" antibiotic.

$11 for the erythromycin, compared to $115 for the Biaxin they put me on this time.

With my insurance, I only had to pay $25.

I'm still running a fever, still achy, missed out on Christmas with the in-laws which was today.
(so I guess it wasn't all bad)

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:53:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:04:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe you have chicken flu.
or SARS
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:08:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Could be worse. I'm stuck at work until tomorrow morning. (No flu, at least not yet).
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:08:25 PM EDT
[#11]
My wife has had this damn bacterial virus thing for a week now, no drugs seem to be able to kill it. Now me and my son are engaged in a fierce battle of determination against getting this thing, even though we both developed fevers and coughs today. Happy Frickin New Year.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:25:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top