Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2005 7:35:16 AM EDT
hahaha!!!

starbucksgossip.typepad.com/_/2004/09/tipping_debate_.html

I always considered SBUX a snack bar or fast-food....whiney liberals think they are entitled to tips!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:36:58 AM EDT
[#1]
you cant even get a cup of coffee flavored coffee there and they want tips?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:39:39 AM EDT
[#2]

When I can come in and sit down and they go fetch my coffee, then I will gladly tip on the same scale as a waitress.

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:42:49 AM EDT
[#3]
well, if you had a Masters in middle ages french art history wouldn't you feel like you were entitled to tips for making coffee?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:52:14 AM EDT
[#4]

I'll start tipping when thier coffee stops tasting like burnt dirt. Its absolutely the worst coffee out there. The FREE coffee at my office tasted way better.

The only reason it stays open is because people get the lattes with TONS of whipped cream and sprinkles and other crap on it to subdue the terrible quality of coffee.

Best coffee in the world is at Saint's Cafe near Penn State. University.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:53:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I used to frequent a locally-owned coffee shop when I lived near Woodbridge, NJ.  I would stop in a few days a week, get a cup or two of coffee after work, sit and read for an hour or so.  Coffee was $1.33 for a medium.  I left $2 whenever I got a cup.  I have never and will never tip at Starbucks.  Coffee that tastes like burned camel shit served to me by I'm-too-intelligent-to-be-working-here-I'm-just-doing-it-until-I-get-my-screenplay-written 20-somethings deserves no tip.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:20:50 AM EDT
[#6]
"Always choke up on the bat."

That's a good tip.

-Gator
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:29:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Why does this surprise you?

I have read about people here who think a pizza guy deserves $5 for a tip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top