Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2005 3:28:51 PM EDT
http://ableammo.com/catalog/default.php?cPath=44_4183_4184

im not looking for a competition hand gun. just a carry on for close quarters. for cheap but it has to be reliable.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:39:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:40:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Just don't shoot it alot, You can find better for a few more $$
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:56:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
http://ableammo.com/catalog/default.php?cPath=44_4183_4184

im not looking for a competition hand gun. just a carry on for close quarters. for cheap but it has to be reliable.

Used Glock 19. $350+/-. Used Smith snubby DAO wheelgun +/- $250. Why choose an untested carry gun? I can see it as a BUG or a Detroit reload for the glovebox but that's it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:56:19 PM EDT
[#4]
"seem to be as good or better options in that same price range."

like what brand? and are almost as small?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:18:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll chime in as a satisfied Keltec P11 owner - it's been very reliable out of the box (no need for the fluff & buff treatment), has eaten all kinds of ammo w/o a hiccup.  It's accuracy is waht you expect of a gun of this type, and the trigger is long (but mine is pretty even & smooth throughout the pull - I did add the trigger shoe) & heavy.

It's accuracy (in my hands) was as good as my Glock 30 (my previous CCW).  There are some rough machine marks under the hard-chrome finish, and the overall fit/finish is not as nice as other firearms.  That said, I still have the Keltec, but sold the glock years ago.  I wish it had a better safety system, but other than that it's well worth the $250 I paid for it.

Sam

p.s. - also the satisfied owner of a Keltec p32 (but I have only about 500 rounds through this one)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top