Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2005 8:12:57 AM EDT
So, What are you all taking back that you got for Christmas. Dont want, didnt fit or whatever.
Me, I got a shirt that is too small and that is all this year.
They did very well this year.
How about you all? Truth be known the shirt fits fine, it just gives me a good excuse to go shopping Tuesday for all of the things that people bring back. Next years Christmas gifts.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:18:16 AM EDT
[#1]
crap i posted in the unofficial thread yesterday.

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:18:16 AM EDT
[#2]
My gf's ( now fiance for the past 24 hrs) mom gave me a set of cedar planks that are apparently used for cooking up salmon in a fine manner. She know that I'm a bbq/smoker guy, but I hate salmon. No fish touches my smoker.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:31:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:34:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I am taking back the floor jack that my wife got for me.  Real shame, too.  It is a craftsman and is better than the cheapo I have in the garage . . . but the cheapo is only 4 mos. old (with enough marks I couldn't reasonably return it).

And Call Of Duty.  Since I alreagy have it.

My wife is not paying attention to detail this year.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:35:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I got an XL shirt when i talk a small or medium, and a ....bracelet. both of those will be going back. I got a couple books i dont want as well.

on the plus side, I got a whole AR-15 lightweight barrel parts kit, 250 rounds of ammo, a bunch of good clothes and books i wanted, and a surefire G2.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:52:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I am taking back the floor jack that my wife got for me.  Real shame, too.  It is a craftsman and is better than the cheapo I have in the garage . . . but the cheapo is only 4 mos. old (with enough marks I couldn't reasonably return it).

And Call Of Duty.  Since I alreagy have it.

My wife is not paying attention to detail this year.

Don't take that jack back! I have a craftsman heavy duty jack that I have used for over 15 years, still works and looks great.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:09:13 AM EDT
[#7]
I got a shirt and a piece of ass for Christmas, they were both too big...
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:12:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I am going to have to return a turtle neck and a flannel shirt.  People ask what size you are, you tell them and they ignore you saying "Well it is a large, but it looks like it would be big enough for you"  You know it won't fit but you try it on anyway and sure enough, the sleaves barely make it past the elbow.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:12:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:15:59 AM EDT
[#10]
My girlfriend's parents gave me a big box of chocolates.  I am gonna flush them down the toliet when I am done with them.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:22:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Already took back a pair of tennis shoes from my wife that were too small.

My wife is not paying attention to detail either. Every thing I got this year was not what I wanted or asked for.

I asked for Thin Lizzy Live and Dangerous or Jailbreak CD. I got some lame ass greatest hits with 90% of the songs I don't even recognize. I already opened it so it's going in the back of the CD library never to be played again.  

I ask for so little for Christmas, and I get it.

Got two Pink Floyd T-shirts, exactly the same and not even to one I wanted.

I just dropped the extra at the clothing donation box.

I don't even feel like going to the mall to exchange it. Don't tell my wife what I did.
The other shirt will get dropped off in a week or so, after she forgot what she gave me.

[edit because I am a moron, tshoes were too small]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:25:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Hell, where to begin.....

2 shirts that are too small.   I tell everyone not to buy my clothes, I know what I like and how to buy them in the correct!! size.

A pair of Hagar pants that are too small and I friggen' hate Hagar slacks, I have only mentioned it about 5 million times to my family.

A reversible (black/brown) belt that came with 2 interchangeable buckles---a real POS item.  I have a damn nice 1.5'' brown leather gun belt that does double duty as well as very nice black dress belt.

2 South Park plush Christmas ornaments--I luvs South Park, but these are ridiculous.

3 Family Guy "           "           "            --  ditto above.

A Casio G-shock solar powered watch ---I do not wear a watch, if I did, I would wear a more traditional watch.

A martini set---I fucking hate martinis.

I certainly appreciate the sentiment, but I get the feeling that no one in my family EVER listens to me.

Oh, and no gun stuff either.  

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:35:45 AM EDT
[#13]
i got a two year day-planner with teddy bears with pink bows and ribbons on the cover.  I'm a 28 year old guy.  I had just met my 3 year girlfriends' family for the first time and it was a present from her aunt that i had never met.

edit:  I'll try and post a pic
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:43:59 AM EDT
[#14]
2 pair of Antique jeans,  they say "LEE" on them on a big patch.

And the money,  I'm giving all the money to gun dealers
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:47:51 AM EDT
[#15]
2 t-shirts that are to small.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:16:30 PM EDT
[#16]

I got a shirt and a piece of ass for Christmas, they were both too big...

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:29:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Golf Shoes
Golf Jacket
Computer Mouse
Piece of Luggage
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:40:37 PM EDT
[#18]
HaHa.  My wife and kidslistened to me and got me exactly what I wanted.

Nothing!

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:46:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Shoe polishing kit/ foot rest for...

A 22 qt. SS Rival Roasting oven. Great for briskets/ turkeys/ kielbasa/ etc. An excellent addition to my culinary endeavors.

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:46:48 PM EDT
[#20]
check out this guys cheap cmag he got his wife!! i think that is pretty low!

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=24&t=317359
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:48:45 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
check out this guys cheap cmag he got from his wife!! i think that is pretty low!

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=24&t=317359

He needs his man card pulled.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:47:01 PM EDT
[#22]
1. Nice "XM ready" reciever for my truck.....with an additional 150 buck XM reciever it really is ready. Back to the store with it, here I come WallyWorld for a good 'ol 50 buck radio.
2. The Ford dealer told my wife the glass on my exterior mirrors wasn't replaceable...$250.00 for two. Special order..I may have to eat 'em. I hope not, I may get in trouble.
3.Fancy Magellan GPS with color map, talks to you, ect. I just want a handheld GPS. Back to Radio Junk and hello E-bay.
4.Nice center console for my truck...but, oh yeah, I drive a stick. Back to JC Whitney.

My wife tries but it's hard to buy "gifts" when you go out and buy what you want anyway...
I got her a .357, a box of ammo and some jewelry...that ain't going back.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:51:50 PM EDT
[#23]
you guys might want to put this stuff on the EE if the store won't take it back
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:59:03 PM EDT
[#24]
5.11 pants from my brother. Exaclt what I wanted, but there ain't no way in hell I'm getting me and a .45 into a size 34 waist. I'm a 36, and add another size for the gun.

I also got Call of Duty 2, but that ain't going back. Damn, that's fun!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:04:53 PM EDT
[#25]
I got a telescope from my sister.  

I have no idea where she got it, so returning it is unlikely.  I've already found the perfect spot for it in my basement.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:08:00 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
5.11 pants from my brother. Exaclt what I wanted, but there ain't no way in hell I'm getting me and a .45 into a size 34 waist. I'm a 36, and add another size for the gun.

Wish I had gotten 5.11 pants

I didnt get anything that needs to go back.

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:08:51 PM EDT
[#27]
After years of "I didn't know what to get you", I highlighted the Brownell's and Dillon catalogs. Working better... I got (2) Safariland 002 holsters. Only need one, so the other will be magically transformed into .44 mag dies for my SDB.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:47:17 AM EDT
[#28]
I tried the highlight the catalog thing. They just ignored the catalog. They said "it is Christmas, You are not supposed to know what you are getting for Christmas".
And they wonder why I buy what I want during the year.
Well, off to the store today. I hope I find alot of really cranky, rude people in long return lines.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:50:18 AM EDT
[#29]
The next couple days are open item table shopping days!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:57:46 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Hell, where to begin.....

I certainly appreciate the sentiment, but I get the feeling that no one in my family EVER listens to me.

Oh, and no gun stuff either.  

This is why there is a wish list now.  If anyone wants to buy me something, check the list.  If it ain't on the list, don't buy it.  There are things there ranging from a couple of bucks to more than $2000 (it's a wish list, not I demand you buy this for me list, although I fear the wife might figure out that it can be used for a stealth inventory list, too!).  Books, tools, or guns, they are all there.

A fellow on another board goes one step farther - if someone feels the need to give him a present, he has a box full already wrapped in the closet where they can retrieve one.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:00:26 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
The next couple days are open item table shopping days!

Yea goota go plunder some of the marked down stuff
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:07:22 AM EDT
[#32]

Taking back a PC game that is too recent to run on my older system.

Might take back an MP3 player my mom bought for me, to upgrade to an iPod.  Mom doesn't know much about MP3 players, and is totally fine with this.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:49:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Well we went back to the stores to take some of the things she got for Christmas back. Lo and behold there is a LaZBoy next to the store. We decide to go in and browse, since the line at Target is rather long.
Bad mistake.
We are having two new leather couches delivered Thursday. or I am not quite sure how to feel yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top