User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:36:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:37:56 PM EDT
[#2]
He manipulates gravitons.

Sheesh you guys are so comic world illiterate.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:38:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Im assuming you think he is real????  you do no superman is made in hollywood dont you?

know I dont.

Actually, he was created in NYC, and is an extension of the Jewish concept of "Uber Meche", which goes all the way back to biblical times.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:55:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I am so old that I used to buy Superman Comic Books for less that 10 cents.

And, as a child, on one episode, there was a "cave-man" type superman that came through time to Earth from Krypton.  He had powers like Superman, but they were in earlier stages.

For instance, he could only make great "jumps" and could not fly.  Don't remember what happened to him in the end.

I used to love Superman Comic books.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:19:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Chuck Norris once round house kicked Superman in the head with such power that now all Superman has to do is THINK about when it happened and his ass goes sailing. That's how Superman flies.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:31:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Ask a simple question and get a bunch of scientific mumbo-jumbo.

The truth is always much simpler than theory.

He just relaxes his "anti-flying" muscles.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:31:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Flying is easy.

You just throw yourself at the ground, and miss.

A can of greek olive oil comes in handy as well.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:28:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Real good, Toby. The stock price of Amazon has gone up.

If you seriously want to know how Supermen flies....ask me tomorrow!

In the mean time...listen to all the people who are Charlatains:
I'll be back!

Casey'e General Stores!

Your bday?  What - you 40 now?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:52:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
... I mastered zero point energy (ZPE) way before the physicists on earth did

Rodney, is that you?

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:05:38 PM EDT
[#10]
He flies with the help of a conveyor belt system in his cape.  The conveyor belt is constantly running and launching him.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:15:39 PM EDT
[#11]
You'd fly too if you had (fire) ants in yore pants.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:02:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Kryptonian muscle tissue when super-charged with solar-energy, can generate a powerful gravity field. These fields in combination with Superman's personal bioelectric field give him the ability to negate gravity, allowing him to fly.

When in flight, he's fully suspended by this energy, almost completely repelling earth's gravimetric influence over him. He becomes his own center of gravity, and no longer has to physically leverage against the gravity of whatever planetary body he's on, or any object.

By emitting a jet of rapidly moving particle/electron interaction by-products, Superman is capable of Mach speeds in excess of Mach 10 in atmosphere. He can fly to the moon in minutes, but faster than that outside of atmospheric interference.

His control of his flight is perfect and he can perform aerobatic feats such as hovering, flying backwards and even lifting great weights while flying.

Not bad, a little off on the propulsion theory though.
The Kryptonese, living on a planet with 17.97 g forces developed a localized telekinetic field to support their bodies under the high gravitic forces. Their bodies processed the relatively weak solar energies of their red sun and still required conventional food for sustenance.
A Kryptonese, continuously living under a yellow sun on a planet with gravity like Earth's absorbs and retains the greater amounts of radiant energy and can use it for various purposes. The basic telekinetic field they naturally generate is much more intense, allowing such a being great structural integrity and an active force field that can repel harmful vectors like bullets, flame, cold, and certain nuclear energies. The Kryptonese can extend this field to large masses in close proximity, such as airplanes, ships, and buildings so that they can lift and move them without tearing them apart.
Using this telekinetic field to warp space/time, in small amounts they can move at near lightspeed and even perceive events in what is now popularly referred to as "bullet-time", allowing them to move amongst a crowd, without so much as messing up a woman's hair in passing. Free of a planet's gravitic field, a Kryptonese could make FTL speeds.
Other examples of harnessing this telekinetic manipulation of gravity are; generating gravitic lenses both for telescopic effect and microscopic abilities; sensitivity to ultra and subsonic frequencies in various decibel levels; a specific type of both bioluminescence and waste heat disposal displayed as "heat vision"; another hybrid effect of bioluminescence in the x-ray spectrum known as "X-ray vision"; an exotic example of thermodynamic manipulation at a cryogenic level known as "super breath".  
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:31:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Kryptonian muscle tissue when super-charged with solar-energy, can generate a powerful gravity field. These fields in combination with Superman's personal bioelectric field give him the ability to negate gravity, allowing him to fly.

When in flight, he's fully suspended by this energy, almost completely repelling earth's gravimetric influence over him. He becomes his own center of gravity, and no longer has to physically leverage against the gravity of whatever planetary body he's on, or any object.

By emitting a jet of rapidly moving particle/electron interaction by-products, Superman is capable of Mach speeds in excess of Mach 10 in atmosphere. He can fly to the moon in minutes, but faster than that outside of atmospheric interference.

His control of his flight is perfect and he can perform aerobatic feats such as hovering, flying backwards and even lifting great weights while flying.

Not bad, a little off on the propulsion theory though.
The Kryptonese, living on a planet with 17.97 g forces developed a localized telekinetic field to support their bodies under the high gravitic forces. Their bodies processed the relatively weak solar energies of their red sun and still required conventional food for sustenance.
A Kryptonese, continuously living under a yellow sun on a planet with gravity like Earth's absorbs and retains the greater amounts of radiant energy and can use it for various purposes. The basic telekinetic field they naturally generate is much more intense, allowing such a being great structural integrity and an active force field that can repel harmful vectors like bullets, flame, cold, and certain nuclear energies. The Kryptonese can extend this field to large masses in close proximity, such as airplanes, ships, and buildings so that they can lift and move them without tearing them apart.
Using this telekinetic field to warp space/time, in small amounts they can move at near lightspeed and even perceive events in what is now popularly referred to as "bullet-time", allowing them to move amongst a crowd, without so much as messing up a woman's hair in passing. Free of a planet's gravitic field, a Kryptonese could make FTL speeds.
Other examples of harnessing this telekinetic manipulation of gravity are; generating gravitic lenses both for telescopic effect and microscopic abilities; sensitivity to ultra and subsonic frequencies in various decibel levels; a specific type of both bioluminescence and waste heat disposal displayed as "heat vision"; another hybrid effect of bioluminescence in the x-ray spectrum known as "X-ray vision"; an exotic example of thermodynamic manipulation at a cryogenic level known as "super breath".  

2 years and 620 posts just waiting for this topic,  now that's a geek.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:06:44 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Flying is easy.

You just throw yourself at the ground, and miss.

I see someone has consulted the Hitchikers Guide To The Galaxy.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:12:01 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
According to THE SCIENCE OF SUPERMAN, it's possible that he generates particles that have the same relationship with gravity as protons and elctrons do with electromagnatism.

Oh God, I just outed myself as a geek, didn't I?

Umm, there's science involved with Superman?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:23:13 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
He Wished it upon himself. Is further clarification necessary?

I don't buy it.  I just wished it and my ass is still attached to the earth.  Hell it din't even work when I was 5 and jumped off the diving board at the pool.  I just got wet.  Wishing it it .

JS98010 theory is more plosible but it still does'nt explain the physics of myricaling his ass airborn.

Thats because you are Regularman.
You will always get wet.

He is Superman.
All the chicks dig him.

Yeah, but he can't get any pie, because he'll blow his load like a shotgun right through her back.  he could wear a Kryptonite condom, but that would kill him.

Ya know, I always did wonder about that "sex" scene when he "did" Lois Lane.....  If he has extra orginary strength, how about the little swimmers and their exit......

edit-
that was a very nice rational explaination about the gravity and telekenetics......

I suppose it passed the "Science Fiction" test.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:31:10 AM EDT
[#17]

In other words, Kriptonic flatulence......

ETA: Combine this with the well known Newtonian Law of Physics,ie.(for  every action you get an equal and opposite re-action) = flight.....duh...
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:04:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:06:49 AM EDT
[#19]
im tellin ya he sold his soul to chuck norris there can be no other reason.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:11:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally, he didn't fly. He just leaped and hurled himself through the air. Later he began using his cape as sort of a hang glider. Then it turned into full-blown flying.

Why not ask how he can shoot laser beams out of his eyes or use x-ray vision while you're at it?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:12:20 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Testicular fortitude.

This is the correct answer.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:15:43 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
He Wished it upon himself. Is further clarification necessary?

I don't buy it.  I just wished it and my ass is still attached to the earth.  Hell it din't even work when I was 5 and jumped off the diving board at the pool.  I just got wet.  Wishing it it .

JS98010 theory is more plosible but it still does'nt explain the physics of myricaling his ass airborn.

Wishing is one thing, BELIEVING is another.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:23:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Tell everybody waiting for Superman
That they should try to hold on as best they can
He hasn't dropped them, forgot them, or anything
It's just to heavy for Superman to bear

Is it getting heavy?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:38:06 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
He sticks a feather up his ass...

And calls it macaroni~
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:49:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:53:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Both of the guys who played Uberman are dead.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:27:45 PM EDT
[#27]
This might have been posted but I'm not reading three pages of gibberish to find out.

As explained in the first couple of episodes he comes from a planet called Krypton.
The planet Krypton had a very powerful gravity, this super gravity produced a super dense muscles.
On his own planet they were just normal muscles but once he was on Earth his super dense muscles became far superior to that of normal men, he could bend steel with his bare hands, he was able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, he could stop a locomotive with nothing but brute strength.
He is after all Superman!

"Faster than a speeding bullet!  More powerful that a locomotive!  Able to leap tall buildings at a single bound!"
"Look!  Up in the sky!"
"It's a bird!"
"It's a plane!"

"It's - SUPERMAN!" "Yes, it's Superman - strange visitor from another planet who came to Earth with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men.  Superman!  Who can change the course of mighty rivers, bend steel in his bare hands, and who, disguised as Clark Kent, mild-mannered reporter for a great metropolitan newspaper, fights a never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way!"
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:41:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Added:
I don't know why he can fly, he just can.

www.fiftiesweb.com/superman.wav

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:22:34 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Added:
I don't know why he can fly, he just can.

www.fiftiesweb.com/superman.wav

www.tvaddicts.tv/largepics/302_3.jpg

I loved that show.

I watched it on a black and white only TV.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top