Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 12/23/2005 5:56:29 PM EDT
16 YO Kid drinks too much and drives off in his car, a Firebird (late model) and kills two teenage girls. He gets seven years in prison. Too much or not enough. I say about right but wife says way too much. What say you? Yes its on TV right now.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:57:14 PM EDT
[#1]
your wife is what is wrong with our legal system
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:57:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Not enough.  He should be peeled like a shrimp, dunked in alcohol and lit on fire untill he is dead.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:58:22 PM EDT
[#3]
not enough
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:58:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Got to agree with you.........  Two lives lost......

Pretty hard to put a price on those  

I'd likely give em a HELL of a lot more.

AND the parents, for that matter.....  Good job raising the kid, them.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:58:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't know, either just right or maybe a little more.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:00:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Not nearly enough.

Yeah, we were all once young and stupid bu if you've reached 16 and STILL don't get that drinking and driving is a really dumb fucking thing to do, it's time to have reality beat some sense into your sorry ass.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:02:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Is the punk remorseful?
That is a key point.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:02:11 PM EDT
[#8]
He killed two people in the comission of a crime, that's murder, and should be treated as such.  7 years doesn't even come close, will those two girls be alive in 7 years?  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:03:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Got to agree with you.........  Two lives lost......

Pretty hard to put a price on those  

I'd likely give em a HELL of a lot more.

AND the parents, for that matter.....  Good job raising the kid, them.  

I agree with the parents for giving a 16 YO too much car but the little shit did do it to himself. I think 7 yrs is about right but Iam sure If it was my kids killed I would want more. I not sure how much I'd want to give' em
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:05:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Some drunk ass girls my 2 girls he wont have to worry about going to trial.......
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:06:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Not enough.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:06:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Not enuff in the eyes of most people, but an average sentence IMO.....
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:06:46 PM EDT
[#13]
What's the value of a human life?

Adult actions should have adult consequences....  IMO, he wasn't punished severely enough.

7 years is probably the maximum he could get in a juvenile court.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:07:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Is the punk remorseful?
That is a key point.

Yeah, but you would too if you were looking at 7 yrs in prison. In other words Iam not sure if he was or not. It might have been for killing them or it might have been for getting time.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:07:36 PM EDT
[#15]
If he's a good kid who just did something stupid, he'll be punishing himself for the rest of his life better than any court can do it. He just learned an excruciatingly painful lesson that he'll revisit every night. Vengeance will not bring back the victims, and no constructive purpose would be served with a long prison term. Besides, if he wasn't a criminal when he went in, he will be when he comes out.

If he's NOT a good kid, and this is a pattern of behavior, then by all means lock him up and throw away the key so he doesn't repeat the performance.

I guess it boils down to whether or not he's a threat to society.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:08:39 PM EDT
[#16]
7 years in federal with Tyrese sounds about right.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:11:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Ten years in.

Five years probation.

We already tried all that rehabillitation bullshit in the seventies and eighties.

Didn't do much exept send incarcerated offenders a mixed message about doing time and serving out their debt to society.

Besides, hundreds if not thousands died at the hands of early release convicts and offenders who were given out of prison weekend passes.

In this day as like in any other time, examples must be made.

This is the nature of the beast.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:12:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Only if when he gets out his asshole looks like an open missile silo in Montana.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:12:51 PM EDT
[#19]
He should be deaded.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:13:23 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
7 years in federal with Tyrese sounds about right.

If he is in "sure to be buttraped prison", Im ok with 7 years.

If not.........

Strap that little fuckin murderer down. Do that for the damn children.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:15:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Give Dateline enought time they will start making you think the pope is jewish

I don't rust them bu the wife & M.i.l. have it on.......LOUD
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:15:33 PM EDT
[#22]
He'll do three years, ten months.  Then out.

That's what's really wrong with our criminal justice system.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:17:35 PM EDT
[#23]
On the one hand, I know how I'd feel if my daughters were the victims.

On the other hand, "there but for the grace of God go I" applies to me and probably every single one of you who are howling for the kid's hide.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:20:09 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
If he's a good kid who just did something stupid, he'll be punishing himself for the rest of his life better than any court can do it. He just learned an excruciatingly painful lesson that he'll revisit every night. Vengeance will not bring back the victims, and no constructive purpose would be served with a long prison term. Besides, if he wasn't a criminal when he went in, he will be when he comes out.

If he's NOT a good kid, and this is a pattern of behavior, then by all means lock him up and throw away the key so he doesn't repeat the performance.

I guess it boils down to whether or not he's a threat to society.

Yep.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:22:13 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
On the one hand, I know how I'd feel if my daughters were the victims.

On the other hand, "there but for the grace of God go I" applies to me and probably every single one of you who are howling for the kid's hide.

Exactly. Are we just that smarter to not get caught or are we lucky. I will admitt that I have driven when I should not have. Even when I was older and knew better. This kid was speeding and only had three beers(was found over the leagle limit). Make much differance?

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:24:06 PM EDT
[#26]
I was 16 a long time ago; didn't kill anybody.

7 years would be a long time if you were 16.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:25:12 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Ten years in.

Five years probation.

We already tried all that rehabillitation bullshit in the seventies and eighties.

Didn't do much exept send incarcerated offenders a mixed message about doing time and serving out their debt to society.

Besides, hundreds if not thousands died at the hands of early release convicts and offenders who were given out of prison weekend passes.

In this day as like in any other time, examples must be made.

This is the nature of the beast.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:26:46 PM EDT
[#28]

delete
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:28:54 PM EDT
[#29]

When I was growing up I was told "Being sorry doesn't bring people back to life or fix expensive machinery". Believe it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:37:54 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Some drunk ass kills my 2 girls he wont have to worry about going to trial.......

Fixed +10,000,000
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:45:39 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Bingo.

Emotion-based 'reason'.

"Oh, the poor little baby. He'll be 23 by the time he gets out of prison!! He'll miss prom, and graduation, and going off to college and......"
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:45:49 PM EDT
[#32]
I bet 90% of the people calling for the kid's hide have driven drunk.  Everybody who HAS EVER driven drunk are just as guilty as this kid, only difference is y'all got lucky and he didn't.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:48:46 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
16 YO Kid drinks too much and drives off in his car, a Firebird (late model) and kills two teenage girls.

Life, but if I were the medic on scene and saw him bleeding, I'd let him bleed out.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:52:24 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I bet 90% of the people calling for the kid's hide have driven drunk.  Everybody who HAS EVER driven drunk are just as guilty as this kid, only difference is y'all got lucky and he didn't.

Exactly. I was stupid once, but I was lucky and he wasnt. If I had killed someone I would expect to have whats coming to me.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:56:42 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bingo.

Emotion-based 'reason'.

"Oh, the poor little baby. He'll be 23 by the time he gets out of prison!! He'll miss prom, and graduation, and going off to college and......"

She thinks that enough lives have been runied. I asked her if it was our kids that got killed? I have three girls. She than asked me if one of our girls killed someone? I told her that we would visit her often and I would support her whatever happend. But I would like to think that it would never happen.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:03:35 PM EDT
[#36]
This is another reason why women should be in the kitchen and sufferage should be appealled.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:07:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Was he tried as an adult?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:07:25 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
16 YO Kid drinks too much and drives off in his car, a Firebird (late model) and kills two teenage girls. He gets seven years in prison. Too much or not enough. I say about right but wife says way too much. What say you? Yes its on TV right now.

If the 7 years are filled with daily beatings with an aluminum bat, then it's about right.

If not, then it's way too short.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:08:50 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
16 YO Kid drinks too much and drives off in his car, a Firebird (late model) and kills two teenage girls.

Life, but if I were the medic on scene and saw him bleeding, I'd let him bleed out.  

WOW! Have you ever just let someone bleed out that you though was drunk? Did you do a drunk test on somone that was injured and smelled like beer or booze?  I am asking cause I am sure someone has had a beer and drove home and been in an wreck and was not drunk but maybe the others died but it wasn't their fault. I hope your are not an EMT or medic. Judge and jury
you are not.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:10:13 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
This is another reason why women should be in the kitchen and sufferage should be appealled.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:18:19 PM EDT
[#41]
He should get life.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:20:02 PM EDT
[#42]
I strongly believe in the personal responsibility thing, but I have to ask myself:  when does it start?

What is the purpose of being a minor if you could be treated and tried as an adult?  Why can they manipulate it when they want to, but you can't do the same (vote, drink, drive, fuck, etc.)?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:26:09 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I was 16 a long time ago; didn't kill anybody.

7 years would be a long time if you were 16.

Life's tough if you're 16. It's even tougher if you're 16 and stupid.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:26:56 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And you would be worse than him.  His actions, no matter how stupid, caused an accidental death.  You would be a murderer before God and any man with morals.

I hope you feel good about yourself.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:28:44 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bingo.

Emotion-based 'reason'.

She thinks that enough lives have been runied. I asked her if it was our kids that got killed? I have three girls. She than asked me if one of our girls killed someone? I told her that we would visit her often and I would support her whatever happend. But I would like to think that it would never happen.  

Yeah, sure.

I guess we should call off the GWOT then. Wouldn't want to ruin anymore lives. Perhaps we should move towards a more compassionate justice system in which offenders are given teddy bears and milkshakes.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:30:19 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Some drunk ass girls my 2 girls he wont have to worry about going to trial.......

Exactly!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:30:40 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And you would be worse than him.  His actions, no matter how stupid, caused an accidental death.  You would be a murderer before God and any man with morals.

So whose troll account are you?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:32:24 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So whose troll account are you?

Hold on...

Someone said he would let somebody who was in an accident die on the scene, and you accuse me of being a troll??  What about MilTrainInstructor, he had a very similar post and way of thinking, I guess he is a troll too?

What an a$$hole, go find something to do.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:32:34 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Worse than him?  

I think not.

Choosing to not render aid, as opposed to actively participating in his death.

I've said it several times on this forum and others.
If you are drunk, and hit me, one way or another, you will not survive, assuming I have
an ounce of strength left.  As long as you are behind the wheel, drunk, you might as well
be holding a gun to my head.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:33:41 PM EDT
[#50]
About right.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top