Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2005 4:33:02 PM EDT
Police officers[not leo's] of the seventies where some of the greatest group of guys .Here are just a few of my memories of  the Wilmington Delaware PD.  As a 17 year old in the mid-70's, I remember me and several buddies of mine sitting down along the railroad tracks drinking beers in full view of some of these officers while they were doing their reports.  Oh, they didn't ignore us.  They came down to see what we were doing and once they saw that we were drinking, they kind of just managed us.  They let us be as long as we stayed where we were and didn't cause any trouble.  And they did check up on us throughout the night to make sure we were not causing any trouble.  Another time, they caught us hopping cars in the snow (for those of you in the southern states who don't know what hopping cars is, it is when you hop onto the back of a bumber and you pretty much ski down the middle of the snow covered street).  The police officers used to pull us over and made sure that we got off of the cars, give us a warning, and as they started to pull away, we would hop their bumper.  They would stop, we would get off and then hop back on it again.  And they would stop again and just laugh because they couldn't believe we were doing things like that to them.  As teenagers we used to pester the hell out of these officers.  But you know what, they managed us.  The wern't arrongant or assholes as some of the modern officers are.
What are some of your good memories?

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:39:28 PM EDT
[#1]
back when you fucked up they took you to your parents, because you would rather go to jail then let dad get ahold of you

back when you out ran them you were in the clear

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top