Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2005 5:24:48 AM EDT
to burn in a fireplace in the house. i cut some trees down in july but did not split it. i dont want to burn my house down.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:31:48 AM EDT
[#1]
If you are storing the wood outside, then one season is fine.  A season is usually a year.  If you cut in the summer and fall, use the following fall and winter.  If storing inside such as a cellar or garage, a few months is good.  Seasoning goes much faster if wood is split and kept dry.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:26:40 AM EDT
[#2]
The longer you season it the less you will have to clean out of your chimney.  We usually go at least a year.  Our primary source of heat in the winter is our wood burning stove.  I hated that as a kid but it teaches you how to work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top