Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/19/2005 10:06:51 PM EDT
Well I was coming home tonight at 1:50AM from my friend Tims house, we were just watchin the game and talking about technology, a bunch of my highschool friends were there....so anyhow im coming home on the main road through this part of our town, going 42 in a 30....mind you no one is on the road, and this 'speeding' was for just a very short distance, as I wasnt closely watching my gauge.

Anyhow, im driving , about to take a bend in the road, I see my speed and then look up to see a oncomming car, I recognize the lights to be from a police car (the model car, not the running lights on top)..so im like well sh%#....so i take the first left, which puts me on a private road, along property that my father owns, a bunch of houses, etc....I get about 150ft down the road and I see a set of lights behind me...this is after I see his car put on brakes on the main road....I knew it was him.

I slow down as he comes down the road, and come to a complete stop...park the car, roll down the window and wait.  For about 5 minutes he sits in his car with the seachlight on my car.  He finally approaches the car after  sitting there..comes up , asks where I was...I tell him at my friend Tims house...he asks what I was doing..I say watching the game...he asked if I had been drinking, I say no.  "where are you going?", i tell him back to my house, which is down the road, which actually is our property.  Then he looks at my license and registration which he requested (which I provided after I told him where it was as I reached for it, and he shined the light on my hands understandably).  He asks me why im doing 42 in a 30 on Saratoga Ave, he says "your a resident of Waterford, you should know better"...im like "....yes your right", he says "watch it" or "be careful" or something to that effect, accidently drops my license and registration inside my car when he tried handing it back, and that was it.....

I about soiled myself, as going 42 in a 30, along with being a 20 year old male would screw me over bigtime with insurance.

Im glad the officer wasnt a dick and didnt write me a ticket or warning or whatever else.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:09:47 PM EDT
[#1]
sounds pretty normal and benign
Why did you post it here?
FUCKING JBTS dammit
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:10:17 PM EDT
[#2]
the turn you made made you look suspicous i reckon, lik eyou were tryin gto avoid him. that may have been another reason he wanted to see what you rup too
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:10:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Whew!!!!

Damn good thing you didnt have your dog with you. It might have got real ugly.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:10:58 PM EDT
[#4]
insurance costs for young males are INSANE.

if i bought a new car today, my monthly insurance payment would be far higher than the car payment.  and my driving record is clean.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:11:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Man up. speedin is speedin
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:13:49 PM EDT
[#6]
WOW, How interesting...........a routine traffic stop for speeding...................
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:14:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
WOW, How interesting...........a routine traffic stop for speeding...................

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:15:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
insurance costs for young males are INSANE.

if i bought a new car today, my monthly insurance payment would be far higher than the car payment.  and my driving record is clean.

NY is one of the highest states for car insurance too
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:15:45 PM EDT
[#9]

He finally approaches the car after sitting there..comes up , asks where I was...I tell him at my friend Tims house...he asks what I was doing..I say watching the game...he asked if I had been drinking, I say no. "where are you going?", i tell him back to my house, which is down the road, which actually is our property.

Vat ist your authorizatons for beingz hir?  

Sounds like an interrogation, rather than routine.

"Where were you?"  In my local cohort in crime's basement.
"What were you doing?"  Plotting the overthrow of the government over our fresh batch of home-brew Meth.
"Have you been drinking?"  Only pipe cleaner sir, along with some nice acetone chaser.
"Where are you going?"  To a local house of ill-repute.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:31:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I about soiled myself, as going 42 in a 30, along with being a 20 year old male would screw me over bigtime with insurance.

Pussy

Most everybody drives about 10mph over down here.

If I ever got a ticket for going only about 10mph over I would definately fight it. That being said I guess most other states have fucked up laws and are geared more for revenue generation than safety, which make it alot harder to fight.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:50:13 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pussy

Most everybody drives about 10mph over down here.

If I ever got a ticket for going only about 10mph over I would definately fight it. That being said I guess most other states have fucked up laws and are geared more for revenue generation than safety, which make it alot harder to fight.

yeah well im not a pussy when my parents would rail me a new one, my insurance by myself, on my own plan would be about $2300 a year...i have good reason to fear getting a ticket...and the cops here are assholes who just want to write as many as they can.  They just got some new computer laptop system so that they dont have to call in pull overs, they can just print it right there instantly..not just that but they are trigger happy.  one time my dad was drivign down OUR private road, in his blazer, neighbors called the cops on him..saying he was scaring their dogs...police came to our house with their guns drawn on my dad...now thats fucked up
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:51:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Sounds like a good stop all the way around.

Not much of a story.........

What is your point about being on a private road?   That doesn't save you - you were observed speeding on a public road.   Running for home doesn't matter
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:56:08 AM EDT
[#13]
the title suggests he harrassed you on your own private property. Misleading. You were speeding on a public road.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:57:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Shouldn't the title of your post be, "Stopped by a cop today; pulled over on my parents' property after I turned off from a public road"?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:59:46 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Shouldn't the title of your post be, "Stopped by a cop today; pulled over on my parents' property after I turned off from a public road"?

couple of weinsteins here today huh
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:03:56 AM EDT
[#16]
You should have told him he was driving his vehicle incorrectly and showed him how to do it.  And while you were there you should have also given some shooting lessons since you probably know more about his weapons then he does.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:04:01 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

yeah well im not a pussy when my parents would rail me a new one, my insurance by myself, on my own plan would be about $2300 a year...i have good reason to fear getting a ticket...and the cops here are assholes who just want to write as many as they can.  They just got some new computer laptop system so that they dont have to call in pull overs, they can just print it right there instantly..

12 over is nothing.  do you have any idea how easy it is to get a ticket off your record?  defensive driving comes to mind.  that or a lawyer.  lawyers can usually get you deffered ajudication, or get a ticket dismissed.  and for 12 over,  i'm sure if you saw the judge yourself, you could get off pretty easily too.

Quoted:
not just that but they are trigger happy.  one time my dad was drivign down OUR private road, in his blazer, neighbors called the cops on him..saying he was scaring their dogs...police came to our house with their guns drawn on my dad...now thats fucked up

i'm sure there's more to it then that.  i seriously doubt cops will show up with guns drawn over a simple disturbance...
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:04:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Great story, tell it again.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:07:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:10:04 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah well im not a pussy when my parents would rail me a new one, my insurance by myself, on my own plan would be about $2300 a year...i have good reason to fear getting a ticket...and the cops here are assholes who just want to write as many as they can.  They just got some new computer laptop system so that they dont have to call in pull overs, they can just print it right there instantly..

12 over is nothing.  do you have any idea how easy it is to get a ticket off your record?  defensive driving comes to mind.  that or a lawyer.  lawyers can usually get you deffered ajudication, or get a ticket dismissed.  and for 12 over,  i'm sure if you saw the judge yourself, you could get off pretty easily too.

Quoted:
not just that but they are trigger happy.  one time my dad was drivign down OUR private road, in his blazer, neighbors called the cops on him..saying he was scaring their dogs...police came to our house with their guns drawn on my dad...now thats fucked up

i'm sure there's more to it then that.  i seriously doubt cops will show up with guns drawn over a simple disturbance...

You think its no big deal to start messing around at court or getting a lawyer?  both mean time and money.....

Ok and you can believe whatever you want about the disturbance, but thats what the police did, their nutcases here that dont see any real action, so they make the action.

and for there being "more to it than that" your right, we had to report the neighbors several times when their dogs came over and repeatidly attacked our postman, tenants and others...their big ass dogs without anything to stop them, they dont keep them chained, even though our town has a  leash law.  We brought them to court, forced them to put up a fence to stop the dogs from roaming free, they put one up alright, but it was 2 ft off the ground, the dogs can just go under them.  They wernt happy about having to put the fence up, so this was their...counter-complaint.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:12:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:16:26 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
What is the point of this thread?  Let me see if I understand this correctly.  You WERE speeding.  It was very late at night and it sounds like you made a turn or were driving in a way that made the officer suspicious.  Hell if nothing more you were speeding.  Am I on track so far?

The officer stops you and waits a few minutes while he is probablly running your tag.  What is the big deal with this?  The officer then verifies you are not driving drunk or someone from outside the area maybe up to no good.  He isn't a "dick" because he didn't write you the ticket you deserved.  You are free to go.

That pretty much nail it?  

ok so everytime you speed you deserve a ticket...i think youd likely be in the poor house.  Find me one person who NEVER goes 1mph over the limit.

Its the idea that they got nothing better to do than stop people for speeding, in the meantime theres ACTUAL CRIME going on...but wait, they dont want to go to those places and patrol those neighborhoods..thatd actually mean work, and they would make a change....catching people speeding is much more rewarding, their department gets $$$......

Our town next to us THRIVES on speeders on this one road, its a highway, but its only 40mph, the minute you go over 40, your ass is grass and they get you.  Its a 2 mile strip of highway, and they always have at least 3 cars patroling it.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:18:06 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Our town next to us THRIVES on speeders on this one road, its a highway, but its only 40mph, the minute you go over 40, your ass is grass and they get you.  Its a 2 mile strip of highway, and they always have at least 3 cars patroling it.  

So, if this situation is commonly known to the locals, you'd have to be a complete and total moron to speed there, right?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:18:59 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Great story, tell it again.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:19:57 AM EDT
[#25]
you should have pulled a gun and challenged him to a duel
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:21:07 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, if this situation is commonly known to the locals, you'd have to be a complete and total moron to speed there, right?

thats the town next to us, this isnt a completely different road.

Of the 1 or 2 cop cars that might be patrolling, they always stick to main roads and look for speeders, in the mean time theres break ins, theft, spray paint, etc going on down in the village....oh to Protect and Serve...thats not right
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:22:29 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

What's the world coming too ??  Rabbit with a pankcake on it's head.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:22:48 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 On the moron assessment.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:23:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Glad he wasn't a dick?  God forbid he do his fucking job.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:24:40 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Well I was coming home tonight at 1:50AM from my friend Tims house, we were just watchin the game and talking about technology, a bunch of my highschool friends were there....so anyhow im coming home on the main road through this part of our town, going 42 in a 30....mind you no one is on the road, and this 'speeding' was for just a very short distance, as I wasnt closely watching my gauge.

Anyhow, im driving , about to take a bend in the road, I see my speed and then look up to see a oncomming car, I recognize the lights to be from a police car (the model car, not the running lights on top)..so im like well sh%#....so i take the first left, which puts me on a private road, along property that my father owns, a bunch of houses, etc....I get about 150ft down the road and I see a set of lights behind me...this is after I see his car put on brakes on the main road....I knew it was him.

I slow down as he comes down the road, and come to a complete stop...park the car, roll down the window and wait.  For about 5 minutes he sits in his car with the seachlight on my car.  He finally approaches the car after  sitting there..comes up , asks where I was...I tell him at my friend Tims house...he asks what I was doing..I say watching the game...he asked if I had been drinking, I say no.  "where are you going?", i tell him back to my house, which is down the road, which actually is our property.  Then he looks at my license and registration which he requested (which I provided after I told him where it was as I reached for it, and he shined the light on my hands understandably).  He asks me why im doing 42 in a 30 on Saratoga Ave, he says "your a resident of Waterford, you should know better"...im like "....yes your right", he says "watch it" or "be careful" or something to that effect, accidently drops my license and registration inside my car when he tried handing it back, and that was it.....

Im glad the officer wasnt a dick and didnt write me a ticket or warning or whatever else.

I got a lot of tickets when I was 16-21 years old but it never changed my insurance. I never changed companies or agents.  I guess they never checked my record after I started driving or It didnt matter all that much but my insurance never went up but it did go down everytime it was supposed to......
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:24:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Next thread...nothing to see here...
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:26:20 AM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:27:08 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Our town next to us THRIVES on speeders on this one road, its a highway, but its only 40mph, the minute you go over 40, your ass is grass and they get you.  

So YOU KNOW it's a bad road to speed on, and do it anyway.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:31:52 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Our town next to us THRIVES on speeders on this one road, its a highway, but its only 40mph, the minute you go over 40, your ass is grass and they get you.  

So YOU KNOW it's a bad road to speed on, and do it anyway.

can no one here read?  re-read what I posted.  THE TOWN NEXT TO US.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:32:25 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's the world coming too ??  Rabbit with a pankcake on it's head.

why dont you contribute something instead of just complaining at every step.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:33:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:37:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Dude you should really start posting less.  Because the more you post the more you are revealing what you are and its not pretty.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:44:37 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

You think its no big deal to start messing around at court or getting a lawyer?  both mean time and money.....

no, it's not a big deal.  you call a traffic lawyer, give then your ticket number, give them your credit card number, and the ticket is gone.  it takes 5 minutes at most, and around here, lawyers charge less then the price of the ticket - that means it's cheap, fast, and NO BIG DEAL.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:46:25 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Dude you should really start posting less.  Because the more you post the more you are revealing what you are and its not pretty.

well you should start complaining less, because your reallly just getting annoying.  Do I try to aggrivate you and tell you how much of a dip you are? No...so why not play nice.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:49:17 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

well you should start complaining less, because your reallly just getting annoying.  Do I try to aggrivate you and tell you how much of a dip you are? No...so why not play nice.  

ETA:  The SEAL instructor boy is getting annoyed and calling people names.  

AGGRAVATE

SYLLABICATION: ag·gra·vate
PRONUNCIATION:   gr-vt
TRANSITIVE VERB: Inflected forms: ag·gra·vat·ed, ag·gra·vat·ing, ag·gra·vates
1. To make worse or more troublesome. 2. To rouse to exasperation or anger; provoke.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:55:49 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
What is the point of this thread?  Let me see if I understand this correctly.  You WERE speeding.  It was very late at night and it sounds like you made a turn or were driving in a way that made the officer suspicious.  Hell if nothing more you were speeding.  Am I on track so far?

The officer stops you and waits a few minutes while he is probablly running your tag.  What is the big deal with this?  The officer then verifies you are not driving drunk or someone from outside the area maybe up to no good.  He isn't a "dick" because he didn't write you the ticket you deserved.  You are free to go.

ok so everytime you speed you deserve a ticket...i think youd likely be in the poor house.  Find me one person who NEVER goes 1mph over the limit.

Its the idea that they got nothing better to do than stop people for speeding, in the meantime theres ACTUAL CRIME going on...but wait, they dont want to go to those places and patrol those neighborhoods..thatd actually mean work, and they would make a change....catching people speeding is much more rewarding, their department gets $$$......

You got stopped because you were suspicious to him.  Is it really that fucking hard for you to understand that?  Are you really whining on the internet about getting pulled over for breaking the law?  

Yes, I speed.  I usually keep it under 10 MPH over though.  And ya know what?  If I did get pulled over and I was speeding I wouldn’t freakin’ cry about it.  Don’t do the crime is you can’t handle the consequences.

Put yourself in the COP’s shoes.  It is very late out.  You see someone driving either recklessly or speeding and you decide to check it out.  You run the tags, verify the driver isn’t impaired and then send him on his merry way.  I’ve got news for ya junior, that’s kind of the COP’s job.  

Quit injecting logic into the nonexistent rant of a spoiled brat.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:00:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Look, kid...you post a stupid story in a messageboard full of adults.  What did you think was going to happen?  Were you expecting responses like "Bl4m th4t fuxxx1ng p1g!"?  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:05:44 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

AGGRAVATE

1. To make worse or more troublesome. 2. To rouse to exasperation or anger; provoke.  

Congradulations
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:06:13 AM EDT
[#44]
He took the amount of enforscement action he thought would solve the problem, and did a quick check for DUI at the same time.  

If i can point something out. If you see a cop and immediately turn off the main road and then stop it (prior to being lit up) is makes us nervouse.  Its an ambush technique.  I had a bank robber use it on me one time.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:06:21 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Look, kid...you post a stupid story in a messageboard full of adults.  What did you think was going to happen?  Were you expecting responses like "Bl4m th4t fuxxx1ng p1g!"?  

ya of course cause im 10 and I play counterstrike..  wow your right on
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:07:06 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
He took the amount of enforscement action he thought would solve the problem, and did a quick check for DUI at the same time.  

If i can point something out. If you see a cop and immediately turn off the main road and then stop it (prior to being lit up) is makes us nervouse.  Its an ambush technique.  I had a bank robber use it on me one time.

It was also the road I lived on...so it does make sense I pulled in there.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:08:19 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

AGGRAVATE

What's this about him being a SEAL instructor?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:09:29 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its the idea that they got nothing better to do than stop people for speeding, in the meantime theres ACTUAL CRIME going on...

Car stops catch so many actual criminals that there is a term for it. Petext stop.  Stopping a car for a vehicle code violation for the purposes of looking for drunks, drugs, stolen property, warrants, stolen car, ect.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:13:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:17:15 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ya of course cause im 10 and I play counterstrike..  wow your right on

I know.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top