Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2005 5:07:57 PM EDT
For Halloween this year I ordered an East German officer's uniform because it was really cheap and I wanted something "different to wear".  I've decided that I need a "new" rifle to go with the uniform because lets face it, isn't just about anything a good reason for a new rifle?  What I need some help with is choosing which Soviet rifle would be appropriate for a member of the National Volksarmee?  Something historically appropriate and not too expensive would be nice.  What says the hive mind? FYI, I don't plan on wearing the uniform to the range or re-enacting the shooting of wall jumpers, just figure a new type of rifle would be fun and it would make for interesting pictures.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:11:41 PM EDT
[#1]
91/30 nagant.  there are tons of arsenal refinished ones out there now for under $120 with bayonet and all that good stuff.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:17:52 PM EDT
[#2]
M-1 Garand..or 2 or 3
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:18:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not positive, but didn't the East Germans use refurbed Mausers in the early days?

Mosin Nagant, maybe an SVT-40, if you can find one.

You could always get an AK and dress it up to look like East German issue.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:19:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
M-1 Garand..or 2 or 3

soviet garand?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:20:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
M-1 Garand..or 2 or 3

+1, get over the commie phase you are going through...  It is not that profound anymore

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:23:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Being an officer, you should only have the Makarov pistol
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:26:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
M-1 Garand..or 2 or 3

+1, get over the commie phase you are going through...  It is not that profound anymore

No commie phase for me at all, I just graduated with a B.S.B.A in International Business from DK-Prof's university, so please don't think I'm one of those crunchy granola, Che Guevara worshipping hippies, its just that the used stuff is really cheap and its interesting owning a little bit of history.  I consider it more akin to the victors displaying trophies of the conquered peoples
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:27:58 PM EDT
[#8]
M1 Carbine or M1 Garand!!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:31:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe it was a "captured Garand".........................
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:32:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
M-1 Garand..or 2 or 3

No commie phase for me at all, I just graduated with a B.S.B.A in International Business from DK-Prof's university, so please don't think I'm one of those crunchy granola, Che Guevara worshipping hippies, its just that the used stuff is really cheap and its interesting owning a little bit of history.  I consider it more akin to the victors displaying trophies of the conquered peoples

Hey - did you end up taking 461 after all?  

Congrats on the graduation, btw!  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:32:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
M-1 Garand..or 2 or 3

Please enlighten the unwashed masses on what 'DK-Prof's U' is...
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:16:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
M-1 Garand..or 2 or 3

What the hell is a BSBA?  Is that something offered at universities that don’t have separate business colleges?  We get BBAs here.  Also, I mean no disrespect, but what fields does one go into with an IB degree?  At my school non-IB majors aren’t required to take any IB courses, yet we have to take at least one business course in every department in addition to our own major.  (I probably explained that badly, for example I’m a Finance major w/concentration in Investment Banking, but I have to take 3 hours of marketing, 3 hours of management, at least 9 hours of accounting, etc).  Is IB as quantitative as accounting & finance or is it more qualitative like marketing and management?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:24:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
M-1 Garand..or 2 or 3

Everyone wears wooden shoes and lederhosen, drinks alot of beer and has to stick their fingers in leaky dams. There is usually much confusion at drinking parties with respect to plugging leaks with fingers.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:28:49 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Everyone wears wooden shoes and lederhosen, drinks alot of beer and has to stick their fingers in leaky dams. There is usually much confusion at drinking parties with respect to plugging leaks with fingers.

The dikes get confused when we call them "dams"  

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:01:44 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The dikes get confused when we call them "dams"  

You're a brave man if you stick your finger in a leaky dike at a party.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:42:02 PM EDT
[#16]
SKS (preferably Soviet made)
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:50:49 PM EDT
[#17]
i know its not a rifle but why not a  Makarov?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:54:55 PM EDT
[#18]
PPSH.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 11:01:04 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
91/30 nagant.  there are tons of arsenal refinished ones out there now for under $120 with bayonet and all that good stuff.

Best $83 bucks I spent at J&G Sales was for their arsenal refinished 91/30.  Beautiful by Russian standards great shooters too.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:21:35 AM EDT
[#20]
If Mosin-Nagant, not 91/30 but M44!

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:36:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Mosin Nagant M44 Russian.  A PPSH would be cool, but rare and expensive.
Heres an M44 for $52.00 Link (Have to click the Style tab to find the cheaper rifle.)
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:41:17 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
SKS (preferably Soviet made)

Why not an East German made SKS?
Since it is an officer's uniform, you need a makorav.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top