Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2005 2:36:38 PM EDT
I was invited to observe my daughter's Kindergarden class today.  The teacher called the kids down on the carpet and one by one the she asked them what they wanted to do during Christmas vacation and/or wanted for gifts.  BTW, she did say 'Christmas.'

She got to one of the boys who said IIRC:
"I want a big gun that shoots and you can hit things with it!"

The teacher looked like she was going to poop in her pants. She then got this quirky smile and said,  "Ummm...  I don't know about that, but okay."

She quickly moved onto the next kid....
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:40:42 PM EDT
[#1]
i thought shed say "youll shoot your eye out, kid"
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:40:49 PM EDT
[#2]
one day in the 4th grade, we drew t-shirt designs.  needless to say mine was a berreta 92.  so after a few days of our shirts hanging above the classroom, the teacher told me not to draw anymore guns.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:44:17 PM EDT
[#3]
my daughter draws pictures of us shooting and hunting all the time in school. She is now 10 yrs old. Of course up here, lots of folks hunt so it isn't a big deal.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:44:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
one day in the 4th grade, we drew t-shirt designs.  needless to say mine was a berreta 92.  so after a few days of our shirts hanging above the classroom, the teacher told me not to draw anymore guns.  

Holy cow I'm old.

I vividly recall the first time I read about a wonder weapon, ie double stacked 9mm, it was the HK VP70, and I was old enough to buy one.

If you were in the 4th grade when 92s were available...  

I say again, I am OLD.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:47:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

So you started drawing rocket launchers, right?

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:49:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So you started drawing rocket launchers, right?

only out of spite
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:55:42 PM EDT
[#7]
The gal that cuts my hair has a 13 year old son that was suspended from school for drawing pictures of guns in school. He' not one of those black raincoat kids...just bored.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top