Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:47:53 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
What he's doing is very wrong, in my opinion, but the techniques themselves are just tools.  A guy who understands the underlying principles AND has respect for women can be both attractive to women AND much happier than this guy thinks he is.

Care to elaborate?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:58:14 PM EDT
[#2]
The guy is spot on... however, I believe he is talking about the majority of women.

I've known decent women who wouldn't fall for that shit, and actually look out for certain signs that would actually allude to a "player" type person. Of course, these women tend to be 25-30, and have been through that shit before.. so, they learn from it. (unlike most women.. and men)

I think the bottom line is, confidence. Neediness is a big no no... along with desperation. Women don't want desperate guys, they want men who know how to handle themselves, and have lives other than about women.

"Nice Guys" tend to be too nice... yes, its good to do something for your date every once in awhile.. however, don't become a doormat. Live your life the way you want to, and women will follow.. guranteed.

I would consider this guy a "jerk" however.. not a great guy. A great guy can balance both the "jerkness" and the "nice guy-ness" into one.. forming something that decent women would find irrisistable.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:13:36 PM EDT
[#3]
(Van Halen)
(Oh) Looks just like an angel, but angels talkin' trash
(Oh) You make conversation, but she's listening to your cash
(Oh) Takers need a giver, this much we understand
(Oh) All I want to give you woman (ooh)
Is the best part of a man, yeah

Best part of a man, woo
Best part of a man. Ah
Best part of a man
Best part of a man
(/Van Halen)

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:15:27 PM EDT
[#4]
A woman -- pretending to be a rock star -- wrote that.  Just a wild guess...
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:25:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You have too much time on your hands. Hope you didn't do anymore than cut and paste all that nonsense.

Ditto...

Think he's done time in prison and spent way too much time listening to inmates...
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:27:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Those of you who are getting your knickers in a twist about the supposed misogynistic slant to this text need to reread it and see that it is actually misantropic: against humanity, not just women. The behavior displayed by 20 year old women is certainly no worse than that displayed by 20 year old men. It's just differently bad.

As to whether the techniques described actually work... entirely a separate matter. I'll have to leave it to you single guys to prove or disprove, but I have seen some of this dynamic at work.

Interesting perspecive. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:28:02 PM EDT
[#7]
My dad gave me advice that to this day works. He scored with tons o chicks and still does to this day! Not exactly married to my Mom anymore ya know. He said "pretend to be a good listener" and Make a woman "feel Safe" (whatever the hell that means ) Once you can master these two things You got it made in the shade. Oh also you wanna have balls of iron! You wanna be like, MEH!? Your ok, but i could get better. Be sexually detached like you could care less if you dont get laid from her or not. Here endith the lesson!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:47:11 PM EDT
[#8]
If you have ever dated 5 women at once you would know how horrid it can be. You thought putting up with boring phone calls, dates, crappy movies etc. from one woman was bad imagine 5 different ones.
I never dated five at once i did three. just keeping your sences sharp and not making a mistake and blowing your cover is torture in itself. I limit myself (well most of the time) to one good woman .
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:00:10 PM EDT
[#9]
what gets me is that I am not a doormat or a nice guy, but for whatever they seem to think I am.  I do act like an ass or a jerk sometimes, and definately dont kiss ass or take shit.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:42:35 PM EDT
[#10]
This is fairly typical PUA-style material.  Some individuals may be interested to know you can go to semenars costing thousands of dollars to get another helping of this stuff.

A primary point is that the 'techniques' described here only work for a particular segment of availible women.  For example, there is the so-called 'grant master' PUA style where you essentially bring up your penis right from the outset.  Many people are remarkably successful with this--but it has much less to do with their style than the types of people they try it on.

So, the common theme in this sort of material is that women are plentiful and interchangable.  A PUA exploits this by maximizing the amount of girls he approaches so that he can find the minority segment of girls who are particularly easy.

Another common theme is this 'psychological' approach to analyzing women.  It doesn't really need to be said that its largely bogus.  A common symptom of self-help nonsense is to spend all of this time explaining the 'underlying psychological reasons' that some technique works.  The reality of the matter is that for most things that do work, noone is particularly sure why, and thats pretty much it.  From another angle, a large part of psychology is bogus from the outset anyway.

Of course, this guy isn't all wrong.  His underlying theme, one of personal strength and confidence, is where you want to be.

Confidence is something you need.  Unfortunately, you can't get it directly, and even if you could, you wouldn't want to.  Noone likes someone who is "overconfident."  Instead, you want experience, which will lead to confidence.  (Confidence is that feeling you get when you know you are capable of doing something... which you get from experience.)  So, basically, you need to talk to a lot of girls.

Besides experience, which comes from time, you need health.  When I say health, I mean good looks, strength, physical/mental/emotional health, wealth, and all of this good stuff.  Now, while you can't change your physical attractiveness (Don't bother with plastic surgery unless you're deformed or something.), you can change a lot of secondary factors that will make you look better.  For example, stay clean-shaven, dress nicely, have a nice haircut, use small amounts of cologne and after-shave, etc.  Exercise if you don't.  If you have weird issues, fix them before attempting to find girls.

Everyone always wants to know where to meet reasonable girls.  If you are young enough, school is best.  Otherwise, social activities where you share some common ground are excellent.  (I'd say shooting events are quite bad, however.)  Clubs and old-people classes are good, particularly those that have equal interest to both sexes--for example, a dancing class where many people don't bring their own partners.  Oh, and there's always dance clubs and bars... good luck with all that, though.

In any case, I did some experiments and 'research' a while back and determined you have something like a 1/10 chance of things working out from a cold start, assuming you're asking in the proper eligible community.  Understand that, for any particular girl, odds are seriously against you.

On the other hand, if you do find an absolutely wonderful once-in-a-lifetime girl, don't disqualify yourself too earily like people too-often do... keep at it, and talk to her, and you may just get yourself into something awesome...
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:01:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
In any case, I did some experiments and 'research' a while back and determined you have something like a 1/10 chance of things working out from a cold start, assuming you're asking in the proper eligible

Got anymore on that?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:07:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
... Be sexually detached like you could care less if you dont get laid from her or not. Here endith the lesson!

It drives some women nuts to be ignored at first, they then start messing with their hair, swinging their legs, etc. to try to get you to notice THEM.....

Quoted:
If you have ever dated 5 women at once you would know how horrid it can be. You thought putting up with boring phone calls, dates, crappy movies etc. from one woman was bad imagine 5 different ones.
I never dated five at once i did three. just keeping your sences sharp and not making a mistake and blowing your cover is torture in itself. I limit myself (well most of the time) to one good woman .

Two at a time on more than an occasional-date basis was enough for me.  I can't imagine five.  

Quoted:
what gets me is that I am not a doormat or a nice guy, but for whatever they seem to think I am....

Testing.  Call them on their sh*t, right?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:12:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Seems to me if you wanna nail a hot chic..  Treat her like shit, wear ghetto style clothes and develope a bad heroine habit..

New guy checks into our command a few months ago.  he's single, was stationed at Pt. Mugu before he came to our command.  Anyway he says to me..  "The women around here must have serious inferiority complexes since thay all seem to be attracked to shitbags."

So be a loser, treat them like shit and the world will turn.  Had a girl a while back that was gorgeous, everything I thought I wanted.  Dumped me for a drug dealer, then dumped him for a guy with no job and no place to live..  He lives with her now..  She thinks the world of him, funny that he tried to pick up my sister a little while back... Ya gotta be a dirtbag..
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top