Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2005 12:39:40 PM EDT
so im sitting here with the wrost friggin flu and i call my work (ima waiter) andssay to my manager "ive got a bad flu" and hes all "well get the shift covered and you cant comeback to work wihtut a doctors note" so i tellhim "my health insurance doesntkick in for another month (because of school) and i dont have a schedule so i dont know who to call" and basically he leaves me with "just find an old schedule, start makin calls, and bring in a doctors note"...basically i feel like calling and qutting b/c ive transfered from a restaraunt that didnt make us do such stupid shit and tried to help us out to this shithole one and im moving back to where my old one is anyways. what would you guys do?

eta: i called back and hesaid if i was just blwng them off like that then he wont trasnfer me so i told him ill be by on weds to get my paycheck. i called my old restaraunt back and they said not to worry about all that crap theyd takeme back . frigign sweet
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:40:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Out the motherfucker to the Board of Health (or whatever) for not letting a food service worker with the flu go home immediately.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:41:09 PM EDT
[#2]
screw that, go to work, pass on the virus to as many people as possible, then quit.

who said that biological warfare couldnt be fun and rewarding?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:56:12 PM EDT
[#3]
btt
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:58:41 PM EDT
[#4]
DRAW DOWN!!!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:00:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quit.  How much a night you making in tips?  if it's less than 100 you need to serve somewhere else.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:02:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
screw that, go to work, pass on the virus to as many people as possible, then quit.

+ fricking 1!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:03:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
so im sitting here with the wrost friggin flu and i call my work (ima waiter) andssay to my manager "ive got a bad flu" and hes all "well get the shift covered and you cant comeback to work wihtut a doctors note" so i tellhim "my health insurance doesntkick in for another month (because of school) and i dont have a schedule so i dont know who to call" and basically he leaves me with "just find an old schedule, start makin calls, and bring in a doctors note"...basically i feel like calling and qutting b/c ive transfered from a restaraunt that didnt make us do such stupid shit and tried to help us out to this shithole one and im moving back to where my old one is anyways. what would you guys do?

I had a job that made me do that once.  I had to go to the local clinic and fork over $65 for an appointment to go back to work the next day.  Stupid.

Call around a little, I bet you can find a little hole in the wall clinic that can hook you up for $35 or so.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:06:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

You should have been arrested for going to work with the flu in the first place!!!!

It's people like you that make the workplace a cesspool of illness that keeps getting passed around and around.

STAY THE FUCK HOME IF YOU'RE SICK!!!!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:06:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Fuck the bastards, I would go in to show him your sick and tell him you are quitting due to him being such a prick.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:07:45 PM EDT
[#10]
id go to the clinic but i dont have that kind of money, and besides, im moving out of this town anyways. my only problem is that at my old restaraunt they said i could come back whenever i want, but since these two restaraunts are inthe same chain, if i quit one, could iget my old job back?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:08:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I had a job that made me do that once.  I had to go to the local clinic and fork over $65 for an appointment to go back to work the next day.  Stupid.

fuck that noise.  i had a manager at one job tell me to bring back a doctors note when i had the flu.  i wasn't about to spend any money on a doctors visit, so i didn't bother giving them a doctor's note.  nothing happened.  if they'd given me shit for it, it would've taken just one call to HR.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:08:56 PM EDT
[#12]
You need to go in and lick every fork and spoon in the business.

Then go and sneeze on all the phone, registers and menus.

Then to top it all off lay a big fat steamer on the manager's desk before leaving for the night..

Just a thought
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:09:07 PM EDT
[#13]
like i said i Called work. i never went inside. it was my feeble attempt at calling in sick and apparently they make you do a bunch of shit while ur temp is 103
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:09:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Ya thats brilliant!! Maybe when the avian flu gets here, someone will oblige you in the same way and you can think of the above stupid post as you lay on your death bed.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:10:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You should have been arrested for going to work with the flu in the first place!!!!

It's people like you that make the workplace a cesspool of illness that keeps getting passed around and around.

Dude.....I think he called in.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:11:02 PM EDT
[#16]
goto work, make sure he gets sick, and make sure he does not come back without a doctors note.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:12:06 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Call around a little, I bet you can find a little hole in the wall clinic that can hook you up for $35 or so.

Fuck that. Call back. Record conversation.  Go to work. Cough in the food. Get fired. Sue. Become rich.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:34:31 PM EDT
[#18]
so i called back and hesaid if i was just blwng them off like that then he wont trasnfer me so i told him ill be by on weds to get my paycheck. i called my old restaraunt back and they said not to worry about all that crap theyd takeme back . frigign sweet
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:44:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Go in, blow a HUGE yellow-green wad into a napkin (from the nose ya sickos), hand it to him and ask him if that qualifies as sick enough. Unless it's a 5-star joint and you're bringing down 5 bills a night, don't worry about it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:44:54 PM EDT
[#20]
So you didn't draw down then?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:47:48 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

And that's why I like pepper spray. Give me a cold/flu/space plague and get a face full of OC.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:51:46 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
So you didn't draw down then?

haha sorry no i didnt i dont have my holster with me so i wouldnt lok tactical enoughf carrying a 1911 in my pants
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:03:56 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Arfcom never let a silly little thing like READING COMPREHENSION get in the way of a useless, out of place rant.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:32:26 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Arfcom never let a silly little thing like READING COMPREHENSION get in the way of a useless, out of place rant.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:34:04 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

nullbits.foxxz.net/albums/Icons/mna06.sized.jpg

Pwn3d
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top