Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2005 3:21:49 PM EDT
Ok, I've run across this problem before, and was able to fix it after some research (here amazingly enough ..). But guess I'm just too sick right now to get it figured out.

I just recently had my computer worked on, and now when I try to connect to Mozilla Firefox, i get the error message "the connection was refused when attempting to contact the proxy server you have configured. please check your proxy settings and try again".

Now, as I remember correctly, I have to go to start, hit run, and then type in something like firefox.exe. something or other, but can't remember what for the life of me. I know it's a simple fix, so don't want to go through the hassle of completely reinstalling.

Surely one of the computer whiz kids around here has to know the answer right?

Thanks in advance................
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:11:31 PM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:52:47 PM EDT
[#2]
i would download a fresh copy of 1.5     uinstall the version that you are using.  delete the mozilla firefox directory.  and then reinstall firefox

if that doesn' fix it post on the firefox forum
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top