Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/14/2005 7:39:55 AM EDT
Every day something comes out of his mouth...we and Israel should shut it up for good:

HH

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Iran, West head for confrontation
Wed Dec 14 2005 09:34:38 ET

By repeatedly calling for Israel's destruction and slamming the door on a nuclear compromise, Iran's hardline president has put Tehran on a collision course with the West, diplomats and analysts warned, AFP reports.

In his latest anti-Israeli assault, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad dismissed the Holocaust as a "myth" and said the Jewish state should be moved as far away as Alaska -- views that one European envoy posted in Tehran described as "way beyond political incorrectness".

"At first, we were tempted to put it down to inexperience or a simple gaffe," he said of the firebrand president's string of outbursts, which began in October with a call for Israel to be "wiped off the map".

"But there is now a clear pattern of confrontational, extremist rhetoric apparently designed to upset the international community. And he's succeeding," said the European diplomat, who asked not to be named.

According to the diplomat, "the very radical change of tone in Iran has to be seen in the context of the nuclear issue" -- or fears that Iran is using an atomic energy drive as a cover for weapons development.

"This kind of talk from the president is not confidence-building, this is confidence destroying. It undermines all the diplomatic efforts to find a mutually satisfactory compromise on a very serious issue. You can't help but feel pessimistic."

Developing...

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:41:39 AM EDT
[#1]
All in due time... all in due time
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:46:13 AM EDT
[#2]
How do you propose we deal with it, its easy to say attack him but its not that simple. Do we have a draft to deal with Iran? Iran isn't Iraq, Iraq's military was outdated. Iran has a modern military.

Get involved with Iran and I would put money it would be a min 15 years before its done. Than we would have to still watch for North Korea, China and every other SOB who wants to see us gone.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:48:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
All in due time... all in due time

tic-toc-tic-toc-tic-toc
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:49:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Let's send Israel.  We're busy right now.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:50:45 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

And than what do we do when Egypt and the Saudis attack israel?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:51:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How do you propose we deal with it, its easy to say attack him but its not that simple. Do we have a draft to deal with Iran? Iran isn't Iraq, Iraq's military was outdated. Iran has a modern military.

Get involved with Iran and I would put money it would be a min 15 years before its done. Than we would have to still watch for North Korea, China and every other SOB who wants to see us gone.

iran is not up to date and they are from a super power.
We would take control of the air and destroy them in two days, case closed!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:52:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
the Jewish state should be moved as far away as Alaska -- views that one European envoy posted in Tehran described as "way beyond political incorrectness".

Then the new 'Palestinians' would be the Innuits.  

And when the Innuits don't act like pure terroristic evil (placing IEDs in seals and doing sled-by shootings), it would make the peace loving Palestinians look bad.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:53:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We'll send in the Michigan Militia, our National Guard guys are busy with Iraq.
We could ask the Canadians to guard our border with Mexico, but who will guard us from the Canadian emperial tendency?
Armed soccer moms, yup that's it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:55:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Fuck 'em. That whole area is nothing a little Canned Sunshine wont take care of.
I'm betting showing China and Korea that we're willing to use it wouldnt be such a bad thing, either.
You know, "Basic Dog Phsycology". "Peace thru superior Firepower".
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:56:36 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Leave them alone.

They did pretty good by themselves in '48, '67 and '70.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:59:16 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm reasonably certain the Israeli's are going to take care of the problem in about, oh, 90 days or so.

John
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:00:26 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Leave them alone.

So we didn't help them at all? We cant afford to piss of the whole middle east right now.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:01:11 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

If we have to have a draft to care of Iran then so be it.  WE CANNOT LET THEM HAVE NUKES!

However, I don't think a draft would be necessary.  We don't want to overthrow and occupy them like Iraq, but we do want to destroy their nuclear power/weapon capability.  Those require very different numbers and types of man power.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:01:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:02:00 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Leave them alone.

+1.  Israel have the means and capabilities to fight and win by themselves.  A lot of people forget that Saudi Arabia fought along side us against Iraq in the first Gulf War.  I'm not sure how Iran is spoiling for a fight.  None of us like Iran which is true enough, and I think very little of the claims of the bs claims that the holocaust was staged.  I do think however that the Europeans should have relinquished some of their prize realestate in payment instead of sending the Jews to the desert to be surrounded by people who hate them.  I wouldn't mind visting an Israel in Bavaria, now that would be cool as hell.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:02:26 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

iran is not up to date and they are from a super power.
We would take control of the air and destroy them in two days, case closed!

Lmao, just like Iraq, share your intel. What exactly are they behind on? They are just like china. They copy any technology they get their hands on. And we helped out quite a bit in the 80's and they have since upgraded as well as reproduced what we gave them.

Again Iran isn't Iraq, if they are such a push over we wouldn't be talking about it. It would already be over.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:03:51 AM EDT
[#17]
We passed go on Tuesday.

This fight will not be postponed.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:04:28 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Leave them alone.

So we didn't help them at all? We cant afford to piss of the whole middle east right now.

Help?  I'm sure we did - intel, equipment and maybe some advisors.

ETA:  You mean they are NOT all pissed off at us right now?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:06:18 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Lmao, just like Iraq, share your intel. What exactly are they behind on? They are just like china. They copy any technology they get their hands on. And we helped out quite a bit in the 80's and they have since upgraded as well as reproduced what we gave them.

Again Iran isn't Iraq, if they are such a push over we wouldn't be talking about it. It would already be over.

www.iiaf.net/archive/aircraft/images/IIAFafirstF-14_jpg.jpg

And in 7 years of war with Iraq they were getting their asses kicked by a much smaller country and resorted to using tied up children to sweep the minefields and using human wave attacks......next question?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:10:01 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And in 7 years of war with Iraq they were getting their asses kicked by a much smaller country and resorted to using tied up children to sweep the minefields and using human wave attacks......next question?

Okay than Ill ask again, if Iran is such a push over and a no  risk win why in the hell havent we already started the fight?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:12:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Just go and destroy his Air Force while it is sitting on the ground.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:18:42 AM EDT
[#22]
The Chinese are too introverted to do anything, plus we would destroy them in a second.  Seems to me a lot of people forget we OWN the skies and the sea.  

As for North Korea...   They can't even reach Japan with a Nuke, incase you haven't ever read about their tests.  They don't have a missile that can handle the payload so they just shoot missiles over Japan without a tip on them to "scare" everyone.

We should wipe Iran off the face of the map.  15years....maybe if we pull some occupying type bs like in Iraq.  I'm talking more 15days type stuff.  Non stop airplane bombardment, destroy their military, assassinate their leaders, take it to them hardcore.

PS: Syria too
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:19:16 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Just go and destroy his Air Force while it is sitting on the ground.

Than you still need to fight a ground war. We could take out their airforce rather quicklythey might have a some what modern airforce that is far superior than iraqs but we do have the new F22

But its simply not a push over thats all.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:20:41 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
The Chinese are too introverted to do anything, plus we would destroy them in a second.  Seems to me a lot of people forget we OWN the skies and the sea.  

As for North Korea...   They can't even reach Japan with a Nuke, incase you haven't ever read about their tests.  They don't have a missile that can handle the payload so they just shoot missiles over Japan without a tip on them to "scare" everyone.

We should wipe Iran off the face of the map.  15years....maybe if we pull some occupying type bs like in Iraq.  I'm talking more 15days type stuff.  Non stop airplane bombardment, destroy their military, assassinate their leaders, take it to them hardcore.

Name a major war we didnt pull some "occupying type bs" Its a needed part to win any war.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:21:49 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Okay than Ill ask again, if Iran is such a push over and a no  risk win why in the hell havent we already started the fight?

Hmmm, I guess you forgot there is something called POLITICS that goes on in this world

If we flew in and destroyed Iran right now Europe would flip a shit and probably pull some sort of trade embargo, as would a couple Far East countries as well, along with Canada.  Don't forget about most of the American's, who don't have the stomach to do what needs to be done.  The world and the US does not have the political where-with-all to attack any other nation right now, unless they hit us first...and with a nuke, otherwise people will just say (Oh that's Bush's fault)
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:21:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:30:12 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmmm, I guess you forgot there is something called POLITICS that goes on in this world

If we flew in and destroyed Iran right now Europe would flip a shit and probably pull some sort of trade embargo, as would a couple Far East countries as well, along with Canada.  Don't forget about most of the American's, who don't have the stomach to do what needs to be done.  The world and the US does not have the political where-with-all to attack any other nation right now, unless they hit us first...and with a nuke, otherwise people will just say (Oh that's Bush's fault)

So have we seen any trade embargos over Iraq? I mean if that just politics one would expect it. Than again any european country that trys doing so will loose quite a bit of money in exports.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:31:11 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Name a major war we didnt pull some "occupying type bs" Its a needed part to win any war.

Imagine their surprise if we didn't.  We bomb the crap out of them, then tell the UN, if you want it, take it.

We would have to, do you really trust the UN that much. If we bomb iran and leave we just made a new Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:32:07 AM EDT
[#29]
All I am trying to say is it isn't as simple as dropping some bombs and being done with it.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:32:11 AM EDT
[#30]
maybe because we don't go to war and put our soldiers lives at risk just for whims of curiosity?  Israel is more than capable of  taking Iran.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:33:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:35:08 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who said anything about "winning"?  I just want to destroy the whole nation.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:36:42 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Imagine their surprise if we didn't.  We bomb the crap out of them, then tell the UN, if you want it, take it.

We would have to, do you really trust the UN that much. If we bomb iran and leave we just made a new Afghanistan.

Who cares?  As long as they don't have the capability to attack us or any of our allies than who gives a crap what kind of hell hole that place turns into?  Who cares what they do to their own people?  If you don't like it...leave.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:37:27 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Watch Israel kick thier ass.....AGAIN!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:38:30 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:39:40 AM EDT
[#36]
So what if we kick their asses?  (looong overdue BTW).  

Our politicians don't have the balls to really take charge over there anyway.  

We will 'nation build' and cater to their 'culture.'

And won't take the spoils of war and really make a lasting, fundamental change in the region.  

Iraq is already a cluster, and as soon as we leave, those people will be taken over by the radical Islamists.  

If we really want change over there, we need to make that place a damn colony and make it as Western-ized as possible.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:40:39 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Every day something comes out of his mouth...we and Israel should shut it up for good:

HH

Are you serving now or have you served?  Since you're so eager to go to war and fight, can we expect you to be the first to sign your name to the dotted line and volunteer for 11b?  I've done my time, if war comes with Iran it better be for a legitimate reason.  Israel is one pitching the hissy fit over Iran, and Iran is running off at the mouth about Israel.  Let Israel put their pilots in harm ways and let Israel kick Irans ass.

If we get involved, then we're going to have to coddle those people and "give them democracy."  Fuck that, let the Israelis bomb the shit out of them with no remorse or left wing bleeding hearts.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:41:56 AM EDT
[#38]
I think by May that Syria and Iran both are toast.  There is NO WAY Iran gets nuke-capable and Damascus is screwed.  I wouldn't be surprised if it happens simultaneously.

HH
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:42:39 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

If we get involved, then we're going to have to coddle those people and "give them democracy."  Fuck that, let the Israelis bomb the shit out of them with no remorse or left wing bleeding hearts.

Good point.  Ashame it has to be that way.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:44:03 AM EDT
[#40]
see my edited post at the bottom.

If we get involved, then we're going to have to coddle those people and "give them democracy." Fuck that, let the Israelis bomb the shit out of them with no remorse or left wing bleeding hearts.

Hell we can't even detain captured Al Quieda members without the left wing trying to tear this country apart.  I'd dare say the Israelis and their daily hellfire missle attacks on cars in Beirut would be much more able to do the deed necessary, don't you think?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:49:02 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HH

Are you serving now or have you served?  Since you're so eager to go to war and fight, can we expect you to be the first to sign your name to the dotted line and volunteer for 11b?  I've done my time, if war comes with Iran it better be for a legitimate reason.  Israel is one pitching the hissy fit over Iran, and Iran is running off at the mouth about Israel.  Let Israel put their pilots in harm ways and let Israel kick Irans ass.

My having served or not has nothing to do with wanting to destroy Iran and Syria.  I'm very appreciative of your service but don't equate what I've/you've done or not with appropriate actions that a country should take.

HH
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:52:36 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Leave them alone.

+1.  Israel have the means and capabilities to fight and win by themselves.  A lot of people forget that Saudi Arabia fought along side us against Iraq in the first Gulf War.  I'm not sure how Iran is spoiling for a fight.  None of us like Iran which is true enough, and I think very little of the claims of the bs claims that the holocaust was staged.  I do think however that the Europeans should have relinquished some of their prize realestate in payment instead of sending the Jews to the desert to be surrounded by people who hate them.  I wouldn't mind visting an Israel in Bavaria, now that would be cool as hell.

You really think the Euro's sent the jews to the desert?  The jews were not sent by anybody they choose to go back to the land of their ancestors.  For thousands of years before they reestablished the nation of Israel, their slogan was "next year Jerusalem" because that area and that city is their birthplace.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:52:45 AM EDT
[#43]
i think it has very much to do with whether you have served or not.  you do understand that you are ripping soldiers away from our lives to go occupy another country?  and this talk on drafts.  that lowers the standards huge amounts for the guys who want to be there and do a good job.  thats just what we need right now a bunch of half assing shit birds to pull security for me while I sleep good call.

I think they will get theres in due time.  I do think that people are oversimplifying big time.  this isn't a smash and go game where we bomb everything and say peace out.  lots of our guys are gonna die for a cause that means our allies saftey.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:53:58 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HH

My having served or not has nothing to do with wanting to destroy Iran and Syria.  I'm very appreciative of your service but don't equate what I've/you've done or not with appropriate actions that a country should take.

HH

If you're going to clamor and scream for war "for the good of the country" then should be willing to do your part.  Its easy to sit on the sidelines and cheer, but what you may be over looking is that our guys still serving are the ones who are really putting it on the line.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:57:20 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
You really think the Euro's sent the jews to the desert?  The jews were not sent by anybody they choose to go back to the land of their ancestors.  For thousands of years before they reestablished the nation of Israel, their slogan was "next year Jerusalem" because that area and that city is their birthplace.  

Did I say that?  Do yourself a really big favor and read the rest of my posts before shooting off at the lip.  Having been stationed in Germany for 3 years, an Israel in Bavaria would be shit hot!  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:57:59 AM EDT
[#46]
i think i heard on the radio the other night something about the US is bidding on a nuclear reactor from iran, to try and keep iran from being destroyed.

apparently israel is very pissed off at iran, and would probably waste no time in completely fucking iran over in an instant (possibly with nukes), at least that's kinda what i got out of it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:59:36 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Geez here we go again, dont even know where to begin with this post.  Its amazing to me how you can so easily dismiss a country (China) with a popluation of over a billion, nuclear weapons and with a long history of warfare which was the greatest country in the world longggggg before we even thought of becoming a nation.  They have stolen every nuclear secret we have and have increased their spending on military weapons by a huge amount.  They are preparing for a major war with us that they will start at the time and place of their choosing.  Its ignorance like the above post that will cause us to get our ass's kicked when it happens.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:08:44 AM EDT
[#48]
From time to time you hear in the news about demonstrations by Iranian youth/college students etc
against the govt......and as usual the revolutionary guards show up and break some heads. I would like the Iranians to overthrow their own govt, with a little help of course.\

If I was bush thats what i would be working on.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:09:10 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think the M1A1 is a pretty damn good thank myself. And thats what egypt uses. Egypt is a rather modern country as well.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:16:38 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think the M1A1 is a pretty damn good thank myself. And thats what egypt uses. Egypt is a rather modern country as well.

I don't care WHAT whiz-bang weapons they have...they don't have the constant training and warrior ethos the IDF has.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top