Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2001 8:35:57 AM EDT
ADMISSION IS FREE.

Santa Anita Firing Range,Monrovia, Calif. is a having a gun fair. Various vendors will be there, HK, S&W, Glock, Para-Ordinance etc will be in attendance. You can shoot vendor's guns 5 shots for $2.50. Fri 8/3 1-6p, Sat 8/4 11a-6p PST.

Check out their website for directions and further info:
[url]www.santaanitafiringrange.com[/url]

This the range where they shot the movie Lethal Weapon I with Mel Gibson and Danny Glover. They have the original smilley face target hanging on the lobby wall.

(fixed link)
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 9:46:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Is it like a gunshow also where you can purchase guns, ammo, accessories,  and beef jerkey? If so, I might be able to stop by since I'm going down to Los Angeles anyway.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 9:50:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I`ll go tomorrow in the am.
BTW not my favorite range.
I dont like the indoor ranges. I`m a memeber though
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 4:18:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Is it like a gunshow also where you can purchase guns, ammo, accessories,  and beef jerkey? If so, I might be able to stop by since I'm going down to Los Angeles anyway.
View Quote

I have seen B&B Guns & Turner's there in the past.  They some pretty good deals on new guns.  I am not sure whose all going to be there in terms of retailers, though.  I believe there is also going to be a knife dealer.  This is your chance to ask a factory rep about their hardware, and fire some guns that you were curious about.  I had a chance to actually fire a real Colt Peacemaker a few years ago before they stopped commercial sales.  Drop on by if you get a chance.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 4:23:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I`ll go tomorrow in the am.
View Quote

The vendors will be setting up in the am.  The Fri 8/3 schedule is 1-6pm.  The emphazasis of this fair is mostly shooting, that is trying out manufacturer's guns.  I believe the range will also supply free cookies and punch.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 4:52:40 PM EDT
[#5]
As far as indoor ranges go, I like Santa Anita a lot.  Pretty good lighting and ventilation.  Most times I go to the San Gabriel Valley Gun Club as it's just down the street fron Santa Anita Indoor Range.  You get better lighting from the sun and it's not as loud as the indoor ranges.

I remember when it was only $1 to try out the pistols.......am I that old or are prices shooting up that fast!!

It is a great event to go to just for the freebies the manufacturors give out...ie. posters and stickers and catalogs and such.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 7:23:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I remember when it was only $1 to try out the pistols.......am I that old or are prices shooting up that fast!!
View Quote

It was awhile ago, ammo cost has gone up since then.  It is a good time to try out those pistols & shotguns that you only read about.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 7:39:29 PM EDT
[#7]
In case anyone is interested, I`ll be there at 1:00pm fri. will be wearing white Entreprise Arms hat.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 7:48:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
In case anyone is interested, I`ll be there at 1:00pm fri. will be wearing white Entreprise Arms hat.
View Quote

I'll look you up.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 9:49:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey Rich:

I work in Monterey Park, Will try to take my lunch hour there.  Casual Friday, I'll probably be in jeans w/Polo or Hawaiian Shirt... I'm 6'1" 205lb old (52) guy.. See ya Ray
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top