Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2001 10:12:01 PM EDT
Ok, thanks for the patience everyone as I buy a vehicle...

I just took a look at a 1993, Chevy C1500 Cheyenne truck (W/T 1500 actually, (work truck?). 4.3L V6 engine, 84k miles.  The guy is asking $6000 for it.

How does everyone think about this one?  Experiences?  Things to look out for?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 10:22:11 PM EDT
[#1]
The W/T model is primarily aimed at commercial users so be sure it wasn't used up by someone delivering stuff all day long.  They also don't have much if any options on them as compared to the other models.

Used trucks hold their value well.  My construction company has some in the '95 range with over 200,000 miles on them without any major hitches.  I am always amazed at how much trucks hold their value on the used market.

Try looking at [url]kbb.com[/url] to check prices on used models in your area.
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 11:13:17 PM EDT
[#2]
My friend has a 95 and loves it. I have a 86 GMC with a six cyl and about 185,000 miles on it. I would'nt sell my truck for twice its going rate.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 11:46:24 AM EDT
[#3]
btt
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 12:44:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a 93 model GMC work truck with the 4.3L  engine that has a 133k miles on it, no major problems yet. The truck does not have alot of power with the small engine.  It's a basic plain Jane truck, thats fine for work.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 4:49:17 PM EDT
[#5]
$6000 for a '93 1500 W/T ???

Thats friggin nuts...
I wouldn't pay more than $4500 MAX
And only if it was "cherry"
The W/T trucks are the "el cheapo" stripped down models...

Rubber floor, vinyl seats, AM radio, etc...

The guy that wants $6000 for it is 'smokin crack...
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 7:32:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Just looking for some opinions on the dependability as well as the price.  If it's a good truck, I'm sure I can do something about the price...
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 8:35:20 PM EDT
[#7]
You can get good price info from your credit union or bank, even if you're paying cash. You'll see price variation across the country...I moved to No CA last year & just about sh1t as to truck prices v. No TX.

I've had several 4.3's & all have gone well over 100k with nothing but fluids & wear/tear items.  Not a lot of steam, but they don't let you down.

If the truck has an auto tranny, I'd take a CLOSE look at maintenance records.  I'd also spend a hundred bucks & have it run through GM diagnostics at a dealer.  Dealer can also check vin # & tell you if recalls/tsb's have been done.

Neat truck.

hanko
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top