Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2001 9:37:24 PM EDT
The strangest thing just happned to me today. I went to a new indoor pistol range in Rockville MD. The attendant asked me to sign in. I looked at the visitor board, and signed in. Above my name was Alan Keyes. i joked to my friends that there was a guy here with the same name as a famous presedential candidate. I turned around and saw what look to be a Alan keyes, and the attendant responded that that was really him.
Holy Shit! I shook his hand and all that hokie stuff. Asked him and his kids (boy and a girl) if they wanted to come out to my clubs range.
Hopefully they will.
What a lucky day. I didn't ask what he was shooting though. Maybe I should have.
Ever meet anyone famous.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 9:41:48 PM EDT
[#1]
A Black Conservative. A Rarity these days. Alan Keyes is a good guy. Too bad he doesn't have the "connections" to get elected.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 9:45:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Yoiu rule! Thats cool I know some one from his office. but I gess thats not as good :(

If he comes to your clubs range try to get him to post some here for us.

Link Posted: 7/27/2001 9:52:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Alan Keyes is a bit too much of a bible-thumper for my taste, but I got more respect for him than any other Republican I can think of. I could deal with him being president for a while.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 9:56:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I was trying hard to sell my club to him. I really couldn't believe that it was him. He's taller than I thought, about 6'3. Very well behaved children. I think the boy is about my age (20). I, might ask the club board members to give him an open invitation. Funny thing is that the boy asked me with some reservation if the clb was members only. It was a little incredulous considering that he is the son of Alan Keyes. I thought to myself "man you are the son of Alan keyes, they'll give you a free membership!"
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 10:02:31 PM EDT
[#5]
[img]www.alankeyes.com/images/new_front/alan.gif[/img]

This man is a threat to the "status quo lesser of 2 evils" party. That is why he will never become president.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 10:31:42 PM EDT
[#6]
damn wish i could have meet him to.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 11:45:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 8:12:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Man thats too cool.
I too voted for this man in the primary.
He has the nads to say what I think, he seems to get away with it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 8:23:33 AM EDT
[#9]
If Keyes is too much of a bible thumper for you how about the founding fathers?  I think that Keyes is the finest candidate to run for nomination in a long time.  I wish he had a chance at winning.
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 8:31:09 AM EDT
[#10]
The Fashion Police say he'd get more votes if he shaved that fuzz off under his jaw.

What a speaker Keyes is.  Makes the current crowd of politicos look even lamer than they are.
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 8:34:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Around the primaries, he did a book stop in Pittsburgh. Got to shake his hand, and get an autographed book.

Beautiful speaker.

He is so smart, everyone in the room could feel his brain power. On spontaneous questions, he'd have pages of humanity-elevating responses, instantaneously, perfectly delivered.

Wherever he is, he makes the world a better place.

Place him with Einstein and Stephen Hawking, and of course, Our Founding Fathers.
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 8:36:57 AM EDT
[#12]
I WAS a 'Reagan Republican' in 1964! in Texas!
I would have supported Reagan over Goldwater, after Reagan gave that little speech in support of Goldwater.

If I could have any person in the White House I could choose, I'd pick Alan Keyes over myself!

He has always been my First choice for Pres., since he did the stint as Ambassador.

When Alan Keyes 'thumps the Bible' you can be damn sure that Bible's been thumped good! So what, we can argue over abortion AFTER we dismantle the ATF and the FBI!

Go check out his column on WorldNetDaily.com -
[url]http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=23832[/url]

Eric The(Time's-A-Wasting)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 2:52:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I think that Keyes is the only man in the system who can turn us around. He speaks the truth, heck, he knows the truth. I will vote for him any chance I get.
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 4:05:05 PM EDT
[#14]
While I did not get to experience it, his public speaking ability is tremendous. More in line with an MP than a Member of Congress. HIs bible thumping is a little too much for me though. I thought that he about killed the other Republicans during the primaries; in terms of speaking at least.
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 5:03:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Alan Keyes is a bit too much of a bible-thumper for my taste, but I got more respect for him than any other Republican I can think of. I could deal with him being president for a while.
View Quote

The only reason you can respect him for his conservative views is cause he is a bible thumper. The bible and the constitution go hand in hand. The more we get rid of god the more we get rid of the constitution. You can't even argue that fact cause it is happening before your very eyes.
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 5:06:04 PM EDT
[#16]
I like Keys. He tells it like it is. He also knows the truth. In his message he incorporates god with this country. Just like the founders. He is the only politician I really respect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top