Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/25/2001 8:55:45 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 8:59:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 9:01:56 AM EDT
[#2]
How does this make you feel.... this deserves a shovel.

Charge: Couple Impregnated Daughter

AKRON, Ohio (AP) -- A couple who once campaigned to make Ohio's rape laws tougher has been accused of violating those laws by forcibly impregnating the woman's teen-age daughter.

John and Narda Goff, the girl's stepfather and mother, were free on a $500 bond after pleading innocent Tuesday in Summit County Common Pleas Court to accusations they used a syringe to impregnate the girl with her stepfather's semen.

Prosecutors say paternity tests confirmed that John Goff is the father of the 18-year-old girl's 22-month-old son.

The girl, who was not identified, said when she was 16 her mother asked her to bear her husband's child because Narda Goff has multiple sclerosis and could no longer give birth.

The girl claims her parents monitored her menstrual cycle to gauge her most fertile time and then used syringes to impregnate her against her will.

On Sept. 1, 1999, she gave birth to a boy.

John Goff, 39, is charged with two counts of rape and sexual battery and a single count of child endangerment. Narda Goff, 42, is accused of complicity to the same charges.

The couple's attorney, Walter Madison, called the case ''a family tragedy.''

''The family has suffered a lot through all of this and they are awaiting their day in court,'' he said Tuesday, declining further comment.

The Goffs have an unlisted phone number and could not be reached for comment by The Associated Press.

After a man accused of molesting the girl 10 years ago was acquitted in 1993, the couple began a public campaign to toughen state rape laws.

Around that time, the girl said her stepfather began molesting her and threatened to kill her if she spoke of the abuse.

''He was going all around the state saying, 'Don't do this to children' when at the same time he was doing it to me,'' she told the Akron Beacon Journal in Wednesday's editions.

Jurors could not convict the man because under Ohio law at the time, only sexual intercourse was considered rape. Her parents' campaign persuaded lawmakers to change the law in 1996 to include penetration with any object as a component to rape.

Link Posted: 7/25/2001 9:10:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 9:11:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 9:14:19 AM EDT
[#5]
brouhaha,
i am so angry, that i can't even see.

FullRange,
i am so angry, that i can't even see.

people like this remind me why i use human-shaped targets for practice!
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 9:17:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How does this make you feel.... this deserves a shovel.
View Quote

a shovel is to nice for that
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 9:23:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Jerk-offs like that give all cops a black eye...
View Quote

Pun intended?  
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 9:29:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 9:38:20 AM EDT
[#9]
I am a cat lover, but let's gain some perspective here....

Let's see -

One (1) cat killed with a shovel, or

One million + (1,000,000) humans executed (every year for the last 15 years) for the high crime of some ELSE'S lack of sexual self-restraint and personal responsibility.

NOW tell me where you outrage should be directed.

Link Posted: 7/25/2001 9:47:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 9:58:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Let's see -

One million + (1,000,000) humans executed (every year for the last 15 years) for the high crime of some ELSE'S lack of sexual self-restraint and personal responsibility.

View Quote

Exactly what I was thinking. Thank You!
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 10:02:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 10:05:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Let's see -

View Quote

I think you hit the nail right on the head with that one.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 10:11:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 10:18:50 AM EDT
[#15]
A local radio station interviewed the family this morning. [red]They said that the cop was laughing at the fact
                 they were so distraught.[/red] Also, there will be NO investigation.
View Quote

THAT is all the perspective i need...

...and guys this has absolutely NOTHING to do with pro-life, GET OVER YOURSELVES!
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 10:19:46 AM EDT
[#16]
The officer should have handled it differently than with a shovel
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 10:28:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

THAT is all the perspective i need...

...and guys this has absolutely NOTHING to do with pro-life, GET OVER YOURSELVES!
View Quote

1 dead cat...

15,000,000 dead humans.

And you don't care.

It has EVERYTHING to do with WHAT we should get outraged about. This type of  TWISTED sense of justice  is the VERY thing we ALL fight against in the gun rights fight. Like when anti's get outraged at an inanimate gun, and let the murdered off on a tachnicality.

I'm over myself - what I CANNOT seem to get over is those who mourn the "murder" of a cat, and champion the murder of a human as a "right."

Sick, sick sick.

Link Posted: 7/25/2001 10:35:43 AM EDT
[#18]
garandman, i NEVER championed the murder of any babies. you don't know if i'm pro-life, pro-choice or pro-don't care. know why??? because i don't post my stance on EVERY F-ING THREAD!!! BUT if i keep reading this stuff on threads where it doesn't belong, i may become pro-choice just to hear a different perspective!

yes a killed cat, and an incensitive A-hole cop piss me off, but they aren't the only things that get me riled up...sheesh!
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 10:41:36 AM EDT
[#19]
HMMMM, why was his first instinct to clobber the cat, instead of calling animal control ???
I KNOW !!! He shoulda called in the swat team !!!! that way the cat could be hit with the door battering ram, run over by the assault car they drive, shot by their sniper and riddled with 100 shots by the regular swat guys !!![X]
BTW, remember, a guy got serious jail time for tossing a dog into traffic. but he probably didnt have a badge[:D]
[frag]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 10:46:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
yes a killed cat, and an incensitive A-hole cop piss me off, but they aren't the only things that get me riled up...sheesh!
View Quote

DUDE -

why are you taking my post personally?? I made no mention of you or ANYONE specifically.

I'm talking about perspective.

For instance, if a cop viciously killing a cat would make me "so angry I can't see" (to borrow your words) then an abortion clinic would make me go freakin' postal. I'm talking degrees of resonse to teh killing of the cat, and YES, that IS completely relevant to this thread.

I never even hinted at you personally, what your stance on abortion is, or made a ANY assumptions about you.

Typically, this type of overreaction would lead me to believe you have had teh unfortunate circumstance of being closely involved in an abortion. As Shakespeare would say "Methinks thou doest protest too loudly."

If I'm right in this assumption, I'm not saying you are a bad person. Far as God is concerned, lying (which i have done) is just as much cause for God to pour out His wrath on me, just as much as any other sin.

The one "saving grace"  is, I've received Jesus as my Saviour, forgiveness for my sins, and now make it my business to obey God, God helping me along the way. To Him belongs all the glory.

But relax man. It ain't personal. Don't MAKE IT personal.

Its just one man's opinion. If you get mad at every opinion you hear, you'll be mad an AWFUL lot. Which is no way to spend a lifetime.

Link Posted: 7/25/2001 10:50:22 AM EDT
[#21]
look again, garandman, you quoted ME directly in your last post.

Link Posted: 7/25/2001 10:56:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
look again, garandman, you quoted ME directly in your last post.

View Quote

I was talking about your INITIAL response to my original post, where you alk about having "all teh perspective you need" which IMO was a direct response to my original post. Also, I was the one who brought in the abortion angle, to which you responded this ain't about abortion, and the I should "get over myself." The way I read it, you were taking as personal my original post, when it made no reference to you at all.

Anyway, this is getting stupid. Suffice it to say this - I ONLY wanted to add a little perspective, but NOT at your expense.

Do you believe me????
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 11:00:46 AM EDT
[#23]
yes, we can live in peace, garandman.

but for fun, by your logic, the abortion issue can be used as perspective for ANY topic, no? i got fired...but at least i wasn't aborted...my chevy sucks, but at least it isn't a teen waiting in line at the clinic...

see my point?
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 11:03:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 11:11:50 AM EDT
[#25]

Its just one man's opinion. If you get mad at every opinion you hear, you'll be mad an AWFUL lot. Which is no way to spend a lifetime.
View Quote

The problem here is that we hear an awful lot of YOUR opinions that aren't relevant to the topic at hand, no matter how much YOU think they are.

Take a walk on the wild side garandman, fewer opinions...more moderating.

BTW I'm pro-choice because of people like you.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 11:13:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

but for fun, by your logic, the abortion issue can be used as perspective for ANY topic, no? i got fired...but at least i wasn't aborted...my chevy sucks, but at least it isn't a teen waiting in line at the clinic...

View Quote

No, not exactly. I'm talking about RELATED issues. Your opinion on abortion probably would NOT shed much light on whether you prefer Pepsi or Coke.

Your opinion of taking a human life would give you perspective on the taking of an animal life. (hopefully, we agree that human life is more sacred.)

Your opinion of someone who steals food to avoid starving would give you perspective on those who steal for pleasure , or greed.

Your opinion on rap music should give you perspective on if you like country music.

I was comparing Macintosh apples to Red Delicious apples - not a perfect comparison, but in the same general class of "fruit."

Of course, I'd prefer to be fired over being aborted, so that perspective may help me get thru the loss of a job. Dead, or unemployed?? I'll take "unemployed."

Link Posted: 7/25/2001 11:15:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 11:18:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
[b]garandman,[/b]

I think the deplorable fact that millions of pregnancies terminate in elective abortions,does not take away the indignation of a pet killed..... unnecessarily.
View Quote

Ed -

I never said it did.

I'm just talking about which is worse. And where we should be spending our emotional energy and social efforts to create a better society.

That's all.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 11:18:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Taking a life is no laughing matter... rabies or not. Perhaps someone should smack the shit out of this officer with a shovel so he has to recover in a hospital room. Then have the pet owner and his family stay in the room and laugh at his misery.
View Quote

I'm totally for that...
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 11:19:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
1 dead cat...

15,000,000 dead humans.

And you don't care.

It has EVERYTHING to do with WHAT we should get outraged about. This type of  TWISTED sense of justice  is the VERY thing we ALL fight against in the gun rights fight. Like when anti's get outraged at an inanimate gun, and let the murdered off on a tachnicality.

I'm over myself - what I CANNOT seem to get over is those who mourn the "murder" of a cat, and champion the murder of a human as a "right."

Sick, sick sick.
View Quote

Looks like the Anti-Freedom/Anti-Abortion Nazis are even better at fabricating statistics than the Anti-Gun Crowd.

If it only saves one child's life.......
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 11:25:03 AM EDT
[#31]
garandman,

...for fun still...

ok, i see your point that death issues should be compared to death issues. BUT, spend your energies on congress, NOT US!

whether we like it or not, abortions are LEGAL.
murdering animals, AND LAUGHING ABOUT IT IS 100% UNACCEPTABLE.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 11:29:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The problem here is that we hear an awful lot of YOUR opinions that aren't relevant to the topic at hand, no matter how much YOU think they are..  
View Quote

Please give me your personal phone number so I can get my posts pre-checked by you for relevance.

Take a walk on the wild side garandman, fewer opinions...more moderating.
View Quote

I get hammered for doing TOO MUCH moderating already. Now you hammer me for doing too much posting. Why don't you just come out and do the logically honest thing and ask me to "Go away??" Or here's a novel idea - you could discuss the merits of what I post in a rational manner. Oh sorry - there I go again thinking you have any intention of doing that.

BTW I'm pro-choice because of people like you.
View Quote

Then, I guess I should tell you - I believe in eating meat. Now you can go do the opposite of me and become a vegetarian. [rolleyes] Oh, I also use toilet paper. I'm not sure what options that leaves you.

I guess your mom never asked you the question "Would you jump off a bridge just because someone else thought it was a good idea."

here's a suggestion - determine your beleifs based on some code of right and wrong  - NOT as a counter-reaction to what someone else believes or does.

Link Posted: 7/25/2001 11:30:53 AM EDT
[#33]
I wonder if they called animal control or
the SPCA to capture the cat?
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 11:37:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Let's see -

View Quote

That's a good point, but the cat situation still bothers me.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 11:38:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 11:40:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Homo Erectus:

Looks like the Anti-Freedom/Anti-Abortion Nazis are even better at fabricating statistics than the Anti-Gun Crowd.

View Quote

Ahhh, yes, that "Nazi" slur - that's ALWAYS the sign of someone ready to logically debate an issue. Actually, I think it IS a tactic of the anti-gun types.

Actually, you BUSTED me. Its actually probably more like 1,000 "murdered" cats, and 30 million murdered children. Its common knowledge, and even admitted by the abortionists, that approx 1 million children per year are presently aborted (abortion has actually recently declined) and that number per year has continues roughly since the Roe v. Wade decision.

Hey, here's a thought - instead of just hurling allegations, why not DISPROVE my posts??
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 11:42:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let's see -

View Quote

That's a good point, but the cat situation still bothers me.  
View Quote

it bothers me too.

If a cop can so wantonly take an animal life, it gives an indcation of how he may perform his job when a human life is at stake - like shooting first, and asking questions later.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 11:50:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
garandman,

...for fun still...

ok, i see your point that death issues should be compared to death issues. BUT, spend your energies on congress, NOT US!

View Quote

As a Christian, I believe the Bible tells me to participate in gov't (vote, etc etc)...

but that "moral" issues should be handled on a one-by-one basis.

It would be taking the lazy way out to get legislation passed that FORCES everyone to believe like I do. God rather commands the Christian to speak the truth to each individual, so that they have the CHOICE whether to believe it or not. those who hear and decide not to believe therefore  become accountable to God for what they have heard.

God doesn't want ANYONE to obey Him becasue tehy were forced to by "Congress" but becuase they do so out of a willing heart. So, I try to spread God's principles (as defined in His Bible) around, and let people make their own decision.

that's gets enuf people pissed at me. Trying to pass legislation that is "christian" would probably get me shot  [:D] and more to the point, is NOT an acceptable Scriptural method IMO. (Christ, the Apostle Paul, John the Baptist NEVER ran for public office, or tried to "get legislation passed.")

Peace, man. You are my 2nd Amend ally.

Link Posted: 7/25/2001 11:56:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 11:56:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 11:57:39 AM EDT
[#41]
As this is a bulletin board about AR-15s, you would think the most heated discussions would be about the RKBA, AR v. AK, .223 lethality, etc.  Instead, the two issues that bring out the most vehemence are cat and fetus killing.

I am really amazed that Al Gore is not president.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 11:59:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 12:06:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Peace, man. You are my 2nd Amend ally.

View Quote

peace.

now i have to go get pissed off about my 2 hour commute! later folks!
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 12:07:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 12:11:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Remember Garandman, when we talk to God; it’s called “Prayer” when God talks to us, its “Schizophrenia”.
View Quote

LOL!!!!!!! that's funny!!!

But not true - when God talks to us, its called the Bible.

OK - I'll leave it at that . I've taken us all far enuf afield.

Like that other dude said - whachk the cop silly with the shovel.

Or maybe smash teh cops personal car, or stereo system, or until he feels as sad as the kitties owner.

Deal???
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 12:30:35 PM EDT
[#46]
I think what really messed this thread up was G-man poking the right to life thing in there. There was no mention previous to that. You seem to be obsessed with it. That's fine for you. However you know it is a devisive issue and yet you continue to throw it out there. Who needs moderating on this subject? I understand that you may have just held it in too long now that you are moderating, but you gotta control those urges. Besides it's Wednesday night & I'm sure being the good Southern Christian you are, you will be attending church this evening. You can commune with like minded people in just a few hours... :)
Scott
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 12:33:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Leave it to you guys to make a thread initially made to be funny (at least what I thought), to an argument.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 12:35:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I understand that you may have just held it in too long now that you are moderating, but you gotta control those urges. Scott
View Quote

Scott -

i wear TWO hats - one of them is a moderator.

the other hat is that of a person with an opinion. Don't get the two confused.

I'm TRYING to re-steer this discussion BACK to the cat and the cop (see my last post above.) That won't happen if SOMEONE keeps bringing up my "off topic" posts.

If you have a REAL beef with / about me, contact me PERSONALLY, or try to get me booted as a moderator. Frankly, its IS more hassle than it is worth.

Now, about that "darn cat...."

Link Posted: 7/25/2001 12:45:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jerk-offs like that give all cops a black eye...
View Quote

Pun intended?  
View Quote

Thanks, I needed that (wiping away tears).[:D]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 12:50:17 PM EDT
[#50]
G-man, I have no real beef with you. I just don't agree wit you on many points. Sometimes my "bull--it meter" pegs. I think when we do meet to shoot or walk a gun show, we will be brothers in arms. Don't think I don't like you personally because I'm sure I will. There is a show here in Cola on Aug 4-5. Any in G'ville prior to that?
Scott
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top