Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2005 4:40:24 PM EDT
i am at the breaking point because so many dumb f$#kers like to drive so fast through my hood.  tonight for example; I am out walking my dog, and this douchebag blows through a stop sign about 50-60 feet behind me and then floors it.  he was probably going 35-40 when he passed me.  i wanted to chase him down and give him my piece of mind, but there was no chance.  if i were to call the police, do you think they would do anything?  i want them to come send a patrol car into the area, and see how many tickets they could issue.  anyone else with this problem?  any other suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:43:57 PM EDT
[#1]
They're fucking idiots?

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:46:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:46:49 PM EDT
[#3]
In my experience, it takes a lot of calls to the patrol division from several residents before any speed enforcement happens. Once the police do start issuing traffic tickets in your neighborhood, they will be inundated with complaints, because 90% of the violators will be residents of the same neighborhood. Sure, the most aggregious violators are likely to be from the outside, but by volume, most will be from just down the block.
Completely unrelated social observation: Most drivers will react instantly to a basketball rolling across their intended path.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:47:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Compensating for micropeni?
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:48:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Is it your neighborhood?  If so, bug the police until they set up speed traps on a consistent basis. If they won't do that, I've heard of people getting creative with homemade spike strips...

Blake
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:49:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Your one of those old guys who yells at the kids to get off his damn lawn, aren't you?
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:51:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Talk to your local PD about it and urge your neighbors to do the same. If they get enough complaints they'll probably set up a patrol car to run radar in your area.  Some ticket writing should slow them down for a while.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:52:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Your one of those old guys who yells at the kids to get off his damn lawn, aren't you?

no, i am a college student.  i am just tired of these asshats thinking the corner in front of my house is a place to practice drifting.  also, i have cats, and if one of them were to get run over, all hell would break loose.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:52:36 PM EDT
[#9]
keep a nice rock in your pocket and throw it at the SOB's car and run like a slut on fire!
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:02:45 PM EDT
[#10]
They either have a death wish or don't realize that there is an AR15.com member on the block.

In all seriousness, these same asshats are likely to think it real funny to run over an empty beer case in the road.  If you place a cinder block into this empty beer case, then they are likely to slow down after they hit it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:04:29 PM EDT
[#11]
My subdivision is wierd. The main street coming into the subdivision is posted at 20MPH with speed bumps. The side streets to the houses are posted at 35MPH with no speed bumps!!! Makes no sense.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:04:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

no, i am a college student.  i am just tired of these asshats thinking the corner in front of my house is a place to practice drifting.  also, i have cats, and if one of them were to get run over, all hell would break loose.

You're gonna be one of those old guys who yells at those damn kids on his lawn, someday.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:05:21 PM EDT
[#13]
So I was out for my evening drive, and this idiot walking his dog jumps right into my path, forcing me to blow through a stop sign.  I floored it as I drove by his happy ass, showed him who the real boss in this 'hood is!
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:08:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're gonna be one of those old guys who yells at those damn kids on his lawn, someday.

well, i guess so.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:11:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
So I was out for my evening drive, and this idiot walking his dog jumps right into my path, forcing me to blow through a stop sign.  I floored it as I drove by his happy ass, showed him who the real boss in this 'hood is!

Find out where he lives and "farm his yard" later!
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:19:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Call in the complaint, better yet, write a letter. It can't hurt.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:21:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Same shit here, we have speed traps as a result of the stupid illegal street races, but the dumb fucks still speed through anyway.  They do it because they're assholes, sooner or later, Darwin will catch them and they'll crash and die.  Just hope you're not on the road when it happens.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:41:06 PM EDT
[#18]
It's a big problem around here also. I wrote a letter to the editor about the problem.  
They go so fast it's rediculous. Overall it seems to be youthful drivers and teens.
Foolish movies such as those fast and furious movies influence them also.
I sometimes yell at them to slow the heck down, not that that does much good.

The city expanded the city limits out a few miles beyond the actual city on the highway out to an intersection, basically for taxes and so they could use radar on the ighways. They stop speeders s loy, back in the actual city where there is so no real police presence people are basically speeding at will.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:52:08 PM EDT
[#19]
 Too many of the those "Too fast too furious" fucktards with their "Fart Tip" mufflers,

...damn attention whores.

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:05:51 PM EDT
[#20]
The speed limit on my road is 25mph.
It's rural so that gives the drivers the
idea that the posted limit is just a suggestion.
About four times a year, I'm checking on some
kid who has put his car into the ditch along my
property..Somehow, they never see that curve coming.

Of the last half dozen accidents, not one vehicle was drivable
afterward.
The last guy, three weeks ago, was especially upset that I had called the
deputy. Turns out he was driving his buddy's car on a suspended license.
Oops.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:09:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Throw the cat through the windshield.  Both problems solved.  Junior gets the message and you don't have to walk a cat any more.  Everybody wins!
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:09:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Draw down?
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:15:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Because in some "neighborhoods" that is the safest way to get through them!b
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:21:11 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
keep a nice rock in your pocket and throw it at the SOB's car and run like a slut on fire!

LMAO.  Are you 12 y/o?  

ETA: same problems around here.  They speed on the road behind my neighborhood where people are walking, running, and biking all the time.  These asshats also come late at night to spin their wheels and rev their pipes to annoy the hell out of our neighborhood.  If you bother to complain to the cops the dragsters are long gone before they show up.  I've thought of videotaping.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top