Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2005 6:03:13 PM EDT
saw to black suvs driving down the 95 earlier today, they had white plates and only two number that where blue and a seal to the left I couldnt make out.

Any idea what branch at what they are for?
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:10:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you live near area 51?
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:13:11 PM EDT
[#2]
diplomatic plates perhaps?
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:23:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
saw to black suvs driving down the 95 earlier today, they had white plates and only two number that where blue and a seal to the left I couldnt make out.

Any idea what branch at what they are for?

Its THEM!!!

Be afraid, be very afraid!

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:23:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:29:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:35:46 PM EDT
[#6]
The governor of Nevada used to have a Town Car with NV plates and just the number "1" on them. Got to work with him a few times and it wasn't Richard Bryant, but I forgot his name. I bent his ear on gun control laws.

What part of NV were you in? Feds have offices for ATF, FBI, DEA, INS, USSS, DOJ, USMS in Vegas and Reno. I lived below a guy who was a US Deputy Marshall.  We'd go shoot his fun toys including an MP5 and 9" Serbu shorty shotgun. I also was friends with the area SAC for the FBI in Reno, Special Agent Hill.

Don't forget all the DoD people who frequent the area.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:43:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The governor of Nevada used to have a Town Car with NV plates and just the number "1" on them. Got to work with him a few times and it wasn't Richard Bryant, but I forgot his name. I bent his ear on gun control laws.

What part of NV were you in? Feds have offices for ATF, FBI, DEA, INS, USSS, DOJ, USMS in Vegas and Reno. I lived below a guy who was a US Deputy Marshall.  We'd go shoot his fun toys including an MP5 and 9" Serbu shorty shotgun. I also was friends with the area SAC for the FBI in Reno, Special Agent Hill.

Don't forget all the DoD people who frequent the area.

Going 95 north so some what near nellis.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:47:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:48:21 PM EDT
[#9]
It's THE MAN!

BE VERY AFRAID!
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:50:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:52:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Any commercial vehicle owned by the federal government will have government plates (they obviously dont bother with plates for tanks and such).  

Here's what the current federal-government-owned-vehicle plates look like (note that its also flat, the numbers arent stamped out):

I have never seen a federal plate with a seal, but see local/state government ones with them all the time.

Quoted:

Diplomatic plates look like this:

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:10:01 PM EDT
[#12]
They were probably DoD/Air Force - but who knows.

Stay far away from Diplo plated cars. They drive like crap and if they hit you, you'll probably have to eat the damage due to State Dept and immunity. They can pretty much run over and kill people and get away with it, or so I was told. Don't know how true it is, but they do drive like crap and prang into other cars like the national past time.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:15:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
They were probably DoD/Air Force - but who knows.

Stay far away from Diplo plated cars. They drive like crap and if they hit you, you'll probably have to eat the damage due to State Dept and immunity. They can pretty much run over and kill people and get away with it, or so I was told. Don't know how true it is, but they do drive like crap and prang into other cars like the national past time.

That one foreign figure skater got away with  a DUI in the Northeast, I think it was Connecticut.  Total BS.  I think she even killed someone, I forget.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:17:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Get descriptions of the occupants, pictures or video if you can. Shadow them, find out if their local or staying at a motel or fed base. Keep close tabs on feds in your area, they are the enemy.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:21:13 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm pretty sure it was a native INdian SUV.
They had US Government plates on their Official Vehicles.

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:32:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Any commercial vehicle owned by the federal government will have government plates (they obviously dont bother with plates for tanks and such).  

Here's what the current federal-government-owned-vehicle plates look like (note that its also flat, the numbers arent stamped out):
www.plateshack.com/y2k/US_Government/usgovG42newbase.jpg
I have never seen a federal plate with a seal, but see local/state government ones with them all the time.

Quoted:

Diplomatic plates look like this:
www.plateshack.com/y2k/US_Government/us2003dipflat.jpg

Kharn

Looked nothing like either. Simply white and two numbers like 86 and the numbers where blue and they had a small seal on the left.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:34:25 PM EDT
[#17]
I have seen caddy limos with the american flags flying on each side twice but the plates on these cars I had never seen before thats all just curious.

Have seen other goverment plates but these where just really simple.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:36:26 PM EDT
[#18]
They use those to shuttle back and forth between the Black Helicopters.

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:39:08 PM EDT
[#19]
I think the seal was airforce but cant be sure, but just the two numbers strike me as odd and rather short. And the two black suvs maybe some one with rank?
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:50:51 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I think the seal was airforce but cant be sure, but just the two numbers strike me as odd and rather short. And the two black suvs maybe some one with rank?

i'm betting personalized plates.  they make like 10 jillion different plates with different emblems in my state.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 11:04:50 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i'm betting personalized plates.  they make like 10 jillion different plates with different emblems in my state.

The only ones similar would be the veteran plates, but the lettering on these two cards where bigger as well as only two numbers also the seal was different and two black suburbans traveling by a base I think they are federal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top