Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/8/2005 12:56:36 PM EDT
For all those who hate me and want to know what I look like so they can draw a good bead on me -- I am on the History Channel tonight (Saturday, October 8) at 11 PM.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 1:02:45 PM EDT
[#1]
THat's a little vague   - but sounds cool!

Is there a program ABOUT you, or do you jump into the camera angle (yelling "hi mom!") for a second in an unrelated show, or somewhere in between?  

Is it 11 PM eastern or pacific, btw?
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 1:04:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
THat's a little vague  

Is there a program ABOUT you, or do you jump into the camera angle (yelling "hi mom!") for a second in an unrelated show, or somewhere in between?  

Is it 11 PM eastern, btw?

It is one part of the four-hour series "Hooked, Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way". I am featured prominently. They did it out of my web site. If you watch, you can't miss me.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 1:04:44 PM EDT
[#3]

He's the guy in the upper left hand corner with the rock in his hand.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 1:05:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
THat's a little vague   - but sounds cool!

+1

So will you be telling us that it's you on the program, or what?
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 1:05:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i.timeinc.net/time/potw/20010608/riot.jpg

Wrong! I already threw all my rocks by the time that picture was taken.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 1:05:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
THat's a little vague  

Is it 11 PM eastern, btw?

It is one part of the four-hour series "Hooked, Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way". I am featured prominently. They did it out of my web site. If you watch, you can't miss me.

Cool !    

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 1:06:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe you could provide a link to your website?

Ya' know, for relevance and all...
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 1:10:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Maybe you could provide a link to your website?

Ya' know, for relevance and all...

Schaffer Library of Drug Policy
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 1:12:08 PM EDT
[#9]

It shows up at 11PM for me. I am in California. I am not sure how that translates to the real world.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 1:31:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
For all those who hate me and want to know what I look like so they can draw a good bead on me -- I am on the History Channel tonight (Saturday, October 8) at 11 PM.

You mean: "Hooked: Illegal Drugs and How they Got That Way"?

You're a Poppy Plant?

Actually.....

that explains a LOT!   j/k

Quoted:

It shows up at 11PM for me. I am in California. I am not sure how that translates to the real world.

I believe ther's an East and a West "History Channel". It's on at 11PM here too. (OH, EST)
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 1:36:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 2:01:52 PM EDT
[#12]
8PM on the eastern time zone.

looks to be 3 shows back to back

thanks wolfman

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 2:50:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
8PM on the eastern time zone.

looks to be 3 shows back to back

thanks wolfman

If that's the case, then I should be on all three.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:00:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Four shows back to back: weed, blow, trips, and scag.  You on all four?  Shows, I mean?  

I love ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:04:13 PM EDT
[#15]
methadonia
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:07:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:17:07 PM EDT
[#17]
are they re-runs?

aren't you the guy who jumps into every drug thread shouting "legalize it" and "hey, i've been on the history channel"?
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:36:32 PM EDT
[#18]
On a related note,I am on the Discovery Channel tonight.You can't miss me.I am the guy on the right talking about stuff.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:39:46 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Four shows back to back: weed, blow, trips, and scag.  You on all four?  Shows, I mean?  

I love ARFCOM.

Yep.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:42:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Yeah, which show are you on?

"Marijuana"
"Cocaine"
"LSD, Ecstasy and Raves"
"Opium, Morphine and Heroin"

Should be all four.

Is your website more detailed than your posts?

It contains about a gig of text. I think so.

Or are you this vague in real life?

Even my mother never knew my real identitfy. The one you will see on the show is just a very skilled computer animation.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:43:37 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
are they re-runs?

Yes. They originally aired a few years ago. They are repeated from time to time.

aren't you the guy who jumps into every drug thread shouting "legalize it" and "hey, i've been on the history channel"?

I am the handsome quiet guy in the corner.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:47:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Are you C.S.?

If so, and you thought you had a thankless job....................Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:55:42 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Are you C.S.?-

I have been accused of that.

Thanks. I always expected that a DEA sniper would take me out in my front yard one day. They keep sending me these t-shirts with a bullseye on both front and back.

Actually, it will probably surprise the hell out of a lot of people here but I have had some minor successes in these internet forums. Over the years, at least a dozen DEA agents, active narcotics agents, and a drug task force prosecutor have told me that I have changed their minds on the subject. Some of them even started handing out CDs of my online library to their co-workers. I don't know how well that went over.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:35:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Im watching it right now in Kansas City. Are you the guy talking about the submachinegun tax? Dave Munsto of Yale University? Or the other 50's ish light gray sids dark top jacket no tie?
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:40:13 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Im watching it right now in Kansas City. Are you the guy talking about the submachinegun tax? Dave Munsto of Yale University?

I'm watching it too. Maybe he's the guy who just beat his mom to death with the frying pan.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:41:17 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Im watching it right now in Kansas City. Are you the guy talking about the submachinegun tax? Dave Munsto of Yale University? Or the other 50's ish light gray sids dark top jacket no tie?

No, I am the guy with the beard, brown hair, and the blue suit and red tie (IIRC).
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:43:02 PM EDT
[#27]
which beard? which suit?

they should do a show about quaaludes...

and here's a fact.. i used to buy cocaine for 30 dollars an ounce and it was pure.. i sold it to.. i think 5 dollars a gram.. maybe less.. and i wasn't committing a crime...
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:45:03 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
which beard? which suit?

they should do a show about quaaludes...

1+1 =2

look at the link, then back to the show. it should be quite obvious who he is LOL

are you Hi? j/k
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:45:34 PM EDT
[#29]
The guy at the beginning of the show? Talking about how most drug laws were originally based on restricting certain ethnic groups or something like that?
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:45:46 PM EDT
[#30]
You're thinking of the wrong side of the camera.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:55:04 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
The guy at the beginning of the show? Talking about how most drug laws were originally based on restricting certain ethnic groups or something like that?

That sounds like something I said. I think I probably get more air time than anyone else in the series.

ETA: They often use some of my quotes in the promos for the show.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:56:47 PM EDT
[#32]
I saw you ! You were talking about  a Federal ban of Marijuana. Do you use "Just For Men?"

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:59:36 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I saw you ! You were talking about the federal law to ban mary jane. Do you use "Just For Men?"

Nope. I just live an extraordinarily healthy life style. I do two Malibu beach bunnies every day to keep myself young.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:01:59 PM EDT
[#34]
is it about gays in the miltary?
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:04:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Someone grab a screenshot and post it so those of us with no tv can see what the wolfman looks like.

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:08:26 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I think your show is on next week.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:16:29 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think your show is on next week.

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:18:04 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Someone grab a screenshot and post it so those of us with no tv can see what the wolfman looks like.

Here ya go.

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:21:42 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here ya go.

www.agencija-palladio.si/_derived/Rasta.htm_txt_Rasta.gif

They never get the lighting quite right.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:29:23 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here ya go.

They never get the lighting quite right.

You could use some Visine there too hoss.

Nah, I don't get History Channel here at work but I've seen that series before and remember it as pretty good stuff.  Glad you're fighting the good fight there wolfman.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:38:40 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Are you C.S.?-

I have been accused of that.

Thanks. I always expected that a DEA sniper would take me out in my front yard one day. They keep sending me these t-shirts with a bullseye on both front and back.

Actually, it will probably surprise the hell out of a lot of people here but I have had some minor successes in these internet forums. Over the years, at least a dozen DEA agents, active narcotics agents, and a drug task force prosecutor have told me that I have changed their minds on the subject. Some of them even started handing out CDs of my online library to their co-workers. I don't know how well that went over.

Thank you Mayor Nagin
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:38:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:24:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Saw you.

+1
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:21:29 PM EDT
[#44]
I like the quote: "Morphine is G.O.M, God's Own Medicine" Civil War Historian?
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:34:33 PM EDT
[#45]
i havent viewed this series before. really interesting.

i cant seem to ever catch what your credentials are?

you said something about the big scare campaigns actually causes more people to use drugs than not. i think that is a fact. i base that upon my own experiences.

it does put me in a hypocritcal bind or a sort of catch 22, what i mean is if i never would have heard all the hype i may not have tried drugs. yet if they are legal id would think id probably be dead by now.

im clean, no more drugs for me.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 8:21:20 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I like the quote: "Morphine is G.O.M, God's Own Medicine" Civil War Historian?

I am something of a Civil War buff, but that information comes from the fact that the Civil War was kind of a beginning point in the US experience with drugs.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 8:39:09 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
i havent viewed this series before. really interesting.

i cant seem to ever catch what your credentials are?

None, really. I am just an ordinary citizen who got tired of listening to endless ignorant bullshit by people who clearly didn't have a clue what they were talking about. The turning point came in 1989 when I saw a six-hour debate on the subject hosted by William F. Buckley. He had four people on each side and after watching it I realized that not one of them even knew the basics about the subject.

I have no professional degrees in any related subject, no important political connections, and no great sums of money. Neither am I affiliated with any foundations or other major groups. I just realized a long time ago that there was quite a bit of misinformation about the subject (a lot of it deliberate) and I felt that there were a lot of major works that had never been widely published that should be brought to the world, full text, where everyone could read them. After I got a fair amount of it up there, some of the major experts from around the world donated their books and private collections.

you said something about the big scare campaigns actually causes more people to use drugs than not. i think that is a fact. i base that upon my own experiences.

Historically speaking, the biggest single cause of drug epidemics among US children is anti-drug campaigns. The first example was alcohol prohibition. You can read about some of its effects on children at www.druglibrary.org/prohibitionresults.htm  For other examples, see the chapters titled "How to Launch a Nationwide Drug Menace", "How Speed Was Popularized", "How LSD Was Popularized", "How the Hazards of LSD were Augmented", and "America Discovers Marijuana" in the Consumers Union Report on Licit and Illicit Drugs

it does put me in a hypocritcal bind or a sort of catch 22, what i mean is if i never would have heard all the hype i may not have tried drugs. yet if they are legal id would think id probably be dead by now.

There is a middle ground. Sensible, non-hysterical education for children and spending our money on treatment rather than incarceration. Switzerland adopted a form of "legalization" for heroin and have seen overdose deaths drop to about zero.

im clean, no more drugs for me.

Good for you. Sober is more fun, anyway.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 8:43:00 PM EDT
[#48]
I presume this is you, Wolfman?
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 9:02:27 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here ya go.

That would make a good halloween costume...

BTW, you remind me of the guy on X-Files (Lone Gunman press).
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 9:04:39 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
BTW, you remind me of the guy on X-Files (Lone Gunman press).

Totally.  I knew you looked like someone; there it is!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top