Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2005 9:32:06 AM EDT
Has the standards of camera craft slipped?  I've noticed on many TV shows and commercials that the camera seems to move around quite a bit. It looks like a 10 yearold with ADD and a habit for crystalmeth is operating the camera. I wont watch a show that is filmed like this.

Does this bother you too?
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 9:33:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe that technique started with NYPD Blue. Now everyone uses it, sometimes its so bad it can make you sick watching it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 9:34:06 AM EDT
[#2]
... It's supposed to be "art", but yes - it suxors
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 9:38:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I got nauseated watching Blair Witch.  I really felt like I needed to puke by the end.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 9:39:43 AM EDT
[#4]
i thought this was gonna be about those films from the terrorists in iraq.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 9:43:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i thought this was gonna be about those films from the terrorists in iraq.

No the topic would have been named Murdering Asshole ROP Goat Raping Mutherfuckin Cumslurping Queer Crappy Cameramen, and been trashed in about 30 seconds.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 9:44:07 AM EDT
[#6]
What you don't like the "live action camera" stuff? It's good in some uses like war movies. They used it to great effect in films like SPR, Black Hawk Down, We Were Soldiers. But now it gets used way to freaking much because they want to add realism
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top