Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2005 2:55:27 PM EDT
serial #122188
Barrel marked "W" and "W" with a "I" in the middle of it.  Reciever marked Winchester behind the rear sight.  The rear sight is the adjustable for windage type, newer replacement marked marked "PMC".  Flip switch safety.  Mag release button labeled "CO"  with a "M" below it.   on the left side of the stock its labeled "AAS" and has "1221834" painted/typed on the left side of the stock.  front sight post labeled "BU".  Under the grip in the rear of the rifle its got a "P" engraved.  Finally the barrel on the exerior on a segment has "blood pitting" , where blood was, and ate away at the exterior, it only takes a few days for this to happen.  whats this rifle worth..and is anyone interested in buying it.....I found this locally.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:56:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:08:39 PM EDT
[#2]
anyone else, $500-600 seems on the low side?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:15:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
anyone else, $500-600 seems on the low side?

Thats about right.  If its an import, about 500.  I just saw one on another gunboard go for $450 (It was a Winchester and an import)
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:25:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Look very closely for import marks. I'd put more validity in pitting thru Korean neglect than "blood pitting". Places to look are on the bbl, perhaps under the bayonet lug, or stamped lightly on the side of the reciever.

I don't have a book in front of me, but I think you're missing a digit off the serial #. I don't think Winchester made any that low.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:30:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I couldnt find any import marks on this one....and I believe thats the right serial #, thats what I wrote down...ill call up tomorrow and have them double check it for me...

the pitting was on the top of the barrel, in the center section of it...

No Blue Sky import marks so....
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:46:24 PM EDT
[#6]
BLOOD PITTING!!!!!

HAR HAR HO HAW HAW HAW HAW HAAAWWWW!!!

Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

That's not a "vet bring-back" that the seller's grandfather "carried in the war" is it?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:58:15 PM EDT
[#7]
im just saying what i was told, validity is a different story
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 9:44:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like just another re-work....again, its worth what you can get someone to pay...but from your description, $500-$600 sounds about right.

Dude, what did you do, join this sight to shill shit?

I am not going to research stuff to help someone make a quick buck...like you did with that bubba'd Rock-Ola. I spent a lot of time looking shit up to help you out, only to figure out you were doing it to make a buck.

Spend some money, buy some books. Ohh, and your source for these isn't so particular if he has a carbine with a bubba'd butt plate like that Rock-Ola....if they actually told you it was all correct, they are lying to you...
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 9:57:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Sounds like just another re-work....again, its worth what you can get someone to pay...but from your description, $500-$600 sounds about right.

Dude, what did you do, join this sight to shill shit?

I am not going to research stuff to help someone make a quick buck...like you did with that bubba'd Rock-Ola. I spent a lot of time looking shit up to help you out, only to figure out you were doing it to make a buck.

Spend some money, buy some books. Ohh, and your source for these isn't so particular if he has a carbine with a bubba'd butt plate like that Rock-Ola....if they actually told you it was all correct, they are lying to you...

I have a bunch of stuff I want to sell..and theres a lot I want to buy.

I wanted the Rockola for myself, then decided to sell it.  Dont complain about spending time to research stuff, im not forcing anyone to, im just simply asking.  As for the "bubba'd" butt plate, that was the one thing on the rifle that wasnt right, and yes I got a deal on it.

Theres no good places around here to buy any books, anyhow why buy them if I can just ask people who already own them and save myself the time and money...not just that but these books like the blue book are released every year...so spend $35-40 on a book, or make a post in the forums...ill post in the forums most definitly.  I came here to talk, discuss and share, and thats exactly what im doing..im not forcing anything upon anyone.

I think I do a service of sorts when I find something people want, sell it and take a percentage for myself...I take these rifles (such as the Rockola M1 carbine) that were sitting in literally a heaping pile of rifles stacked and falling all over each other in a shop thats falling in on itself, and am offering it on the internet for anyone who is a collector or that wishes to own such a rifle.

In anycase, if anyone wants this Winchester..let me know.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 10:27:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 10:33:00 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I have a bunch of stuff I want to sell..and theres a lot I want to buy.

I wanted the Rockola for myself, then decided to sell it.  Dont complain about spending time to research stuff, im not forcing anyone to, im just simply asking. Thats correct, you are not forcing anyone to....I don't mind spending time looking through my books or using my knowledge to help out another collector. I do mind when I find out that all I did was to help someone else make a quick buck on something. That is why a lot of guys on milsurp boards won't answer newbies questions on what right, what wrong, whats the value on guns, because oftentimes its just someone trying to get info so they can get top dollar for a gun they know nothing about As for the "bubba'd" butt plate, that was the one thing on the rifle that wasnt right, and yes I got a deal on it.Define right....if by right you mean GI parts...well, sure. If by right you mean what should be on a Rock-Ola carbine, Haaa. It was a mixmaster re-work. There was very little "right" on it if you mean the way it left the factory. It is misleading to tell people its "right", most people would believe that to mean its as is when it came out of the factory. There is nothing wrong with an honest re-work, but be honest about it.

Theres no good places around here to buy any books, anyhow why buy them if I can just ask people who already own them and save myself the time and moneybecause people who do this is the reason many knowledgeable collectors on various forums are loathe to discuss correctness or value...why should they save YOU time and MONEY so you can make a buck...not just that but these books like the blue book are released every year...so spend $35-40 on a book, or make a post in the forums...ill post in the forums most definitly.  I came here to talk, discuss and share, and thats exactly what im doing..im not forcing anything upon anyone.Well, hopefully people will realize exactly that, and respond accordingly

I think I do a service of sorts when I find something people want, sell it and take a percentage for myself...I take these rifles (such as the Rockola M1 carbine) that were sitting in literally a heaping pile of rifles stacked and falling all over each other in a shop thats falling in on itself, and am offering it on the internet for anyone who is a collector or that wishes to own such a rifle.

I think its a bit smarmy to ask a forum to APPRAISE a gun, and then turn around and try to sell it to them, but thats just me
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 10:39:30 AM EDT
[#12]
I'll go $75, unless that's REAL Jap blood on it and then I'll go$85.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 10:47:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 10:49:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 10:50:31 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I couldnt find any import marks on this one....and I believe thats the right serial #, thats what I wrote down...ill call up tomorrow and have them double check it for me...

the pitting was on the top of the barrel, in the center section of it...

No Blue Sky import marks so....

It's definitly an import, with that stock, with that pitting.

Check on the left side of the receiver just above the wood...very lightly stuck tiny import mark from some place in Israel, IIRC.

There's also the usual other marking suspects; bottom of the barrel, etc.

But, what you've described is definitily a re-import, and maybe worth $500...maybe...depending on the area.  ($500 is on the high side)
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 10:51:00 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Why don't you try the EE.

I can't hype shit in the GD then offer it for sale so why should you?

But since we aren't follwing the rules I'd just like to say...

I'm doing brand new Gen 3 Glocks for $450 on Sturmgewehr.com.

There that should take care of this post.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 10:51:39 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
$750 + shipping

Unreal.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 11:32:26 AM EDT
[#18]

I wanted the Rockola for myself, then decided to sell it. Dont complain about spending time to research stuff, im not forcing anyone to, im just simply asking. As for the "bubba'd" butt plate, that was the one thing on the rifle that wasnt right, and yes I got a deal on it.

come on, u tell eveyone in another post about these carbines for sale, u ask how much they are worth, u tell what u paid for them , then u put them on the EE on the same site for alot more then everyone knows u paid.

Next time be discreet about it
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:17:58 PM EDT
[#19]
In before the...
lock?
move?
boredom sets in?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top