Page / 8
Posted: 10/6/2005 5:35:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:36:40 PM EDT
[#1]

Hopefully she learned a valuable lesson  

Did you make her cry or pee her pants?  
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:37:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh. I thought this would be about some scumbag who fell down the stairs at the station. Twice.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:37:17 PM EDT
[#3]
What no tazer story?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:37:48 PM EDT
[#4]
How's the dangerous felon's dog?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:38:13 PM EDT
[#5]
No dog?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:38:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Hopefully she learned a valuable lesson  

Did you make her cry or pee her pants?  

Jail is bad, MMmmkay.

I've got a funny story about a female peeing her pants...  
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:40:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I sleep better at night
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:42:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Feeling safer already.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:42:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
according to many members of this board.

All the innocent young girl was doing was smoking a little marijuana in her own room. And I took her to jail.

Some would argue that doing drugs will ruin your life because you will end up in jail but really the law will be what ruins your life, not the drug itself.  If left alone she would have a pretty good chance of  being a good citizen.  Now she has a record and is screwed bigtime.  Good job...........
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:44:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Some would argue that doing drugs will ruin your life because you will end up in jail but really the law will be what ruins your life, not the drug itself.  

Same is true when you commit murder and rape people.  It's not the act that ruins your life, it's those asshole policemen and pesky laws that insist on arresting you for it.

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:46:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Some would argue that doing drugs will ruin your life because you will end up in jail but really the law will be what ruins your life, not the drug itself.  

Same is true when you commit murder and rape people.  It's not the act that ruins your life, it's those asshole policemen and pesky laws that insist on arresting you for it.

Not true at all.  The girl was not hurting anyone or restricting the rights of others.  If you rape or kill someone you are commiting a crime against another person.  Smoking a substance doesn't do that.....why is this so hard to understand???
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:46:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

All the innocent young girl was doing was smoking a little marijuana in her own room. And I took her to jail.

Some would argue that doing drugs will ruin your life because you will end up in jail but really the law will be what ruins your life, not the drug itself.  If left alone she would have a pretty good chance of  being a good citizen.  Now she has a record and is screwed bigtime.  Good job...........

Couldn't have said it any better.

You are a big man. are you going for a promotion with your big bust?

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:47:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Murderers, rapists, girl smoking pot in her room.  Got it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:48:11 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll smoke a doob to that!

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:51:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No no - I'm not trying to draw a parallel between the crimes themselves ...

Just pointing out that it's kind of a ridiculous argument that the people enforcing the law are to blame for the problems that people who deliberately break the law encounter.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:52:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Why did you go into her room?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:53:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No no - I'm not trying to draw a parallel between the crimes themselves ...

Just pointing out that it's kind of a ridiculous argument that the people enforcing the law are to blame for the problems that people who deliberately break the law encounter.  

Just think, your argument can be utilized against you when they finally outlaw firearms.

Congrats!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:56:26 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Just think, your argument can be utilized against you when they finally outlaw firearms.

Congrats!

I strictly obey the law.  I don't have a problem with that, I don't see how the fact that I respect the law will be "utilized against me"

If you think you made some brilliant point, I honestly fail to see.  I obeyed the AWB when it was on the books, and I will obey future gun laws.  I choose not to be a criminial.   YMMV.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:57:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I sleep better at night

+1000000000000000

Don't forget, he'll take your firearms away just like he did the weed if they become illegal too. And he won't think twice about it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:57:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

The "American Way" is to make everything illegal, and then to selectively prosecute. So the discretion of the authorities is a huge factor.

We all probably break laws every single day, knowingly or unknowingly.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:58:25 PM EDT
[#21]
All i got tonight was some assshat with meth in foil taped into his armpit.

I guess you could blame me for ruining HIS life, but he's already had 6 arrests so I don't think I did that much damage.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:58:29 PM EDT
[#22]
... and people on this site lose sleep over the fifth column
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:00:29 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Congrats!

I strictly obey the law.  I don't have a problem with that, I don't see how the fact that I respect the law will be "utilized against me"

If you think you made some brilliant point, I honestly fail to see.  I obeyed the AWB when it was on the books, and I will obey future gun laws.  I choose not to be a criminial.   YMMV.

Heh.   Nice.   What if the law is immoral or wrong?

I guess you'll just follow along.

Remind me to not be on your team.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:01:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Going to jail for lighting up & possession ? She must of had more than an ounce, intent to distribute ? IIRC here it's a ticket.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:01:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Yeah. All the ARFcom legal eagles know the truth. It really is your option to look the other way. Every time.  

You just chose to be an asshole, right? Nevermind that it's your fucking job to do it, and if you didn't, legitimate taxpayers would scream bloody fucking murder.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:01:20 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The "American Way" is to make everything illegal, and then to selectively prosecute. So the discretion of the authorities is a huge factor.

I thought that was the European way?  

I agree with you there.  I am super-anal about obeying the law (other than usually driving about 9 miles above the speed limit on the freeway) - but you are correct.  There are so many obscure laws, ordinances, etc - that it is hard to live a "clean" life even if you try.

However, when it comes to felonies, I don't think it's that hard to avoid them - regardless of whether or not someone wants to presecute you.

More on topic - I personally think things like marijuana should be legalized.  However, while it is still illegal, I have no sympathy for people who get busted.  If you choose to break the law (even a misdemeanor) you should be prepared to take the punishment when if you get caught.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:01:31 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not Dk-Prof, he obeys ALL laws.  Even the bad ones that destroy our freedom and constitution, because he's *not* a criminal.

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:03:29 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Going to jail for lighting up & possession ? She must of had more than an ounce, intent to distribute ? IIRC here it's a ticket.

Locally, they will haul your sorry ass to jail if they find two seeds in your car.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:05:02 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Congrats!

Heh.   Nice.   What if the law is immoral or wrong?

That's why we are a democratic republic.  And that's what we have a Supreme Court for - whose only job it is to determine if laws are "wrong"

It is not the job of individual citizens to pick and choose what laws they feel like following, based on personal interpretations of what is "right" and "wrong"

That way lies ANARCHY.

Do you support the right of pedophiles to decide that laws about legal consent are "immoral" and want to have sex with 12-year olds?  Of course not.  As a free society, we agree on rules to live by - and to avoid anarchy we follow them.  In our free society, free elections and the Supreme Court protects us from the abused of dictatorial and repressive laws.

I guess you'll just follow along.

Remind me to not be on your team.

Like you had a chance of being on my team in the first place  

j/k
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:06:14 PM EDT
[#30]

Do you support the right of pedophiles to decide that laws about legal consent are "immoral" and want to have sex with 12-year olds?  Of course not.  As a free society, we agree on rules to live by - and to avoid anarchy we follow them.  In our free society, free elections and the Supreme Court protects us from the abused of dictatorial and repressive laws.

Unless they decide to not take the case, or decide that you're only 1/3 human, etc....

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:10:15 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not Dk-Prof, he obeys ALL laws.  Even the bad ones that destroy our freedom and constitution, because he's *not* a criminal.

I take it then, that you are PROUD to be a criminal?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:11:39 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Unless they decide to not take the case, or decide that you're only 1/3 human, etc....

So you're not going to answer the question then

I'll try again.  If YOU get to decide what laws are immoral and wrong, does everyone else get that same priviledge?  You are essentially saying that people should not follow any laws that they personally don't like, by the arbitrary standard of "immoral" or "wrong"

Is that really the society you want to live in?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:11:42 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Criminal, we are all criminals in one way or another. Some more than others.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:13:27 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If and when immoral laws become the only way to be legal (ie: forced chipping, etc) ), yes I'd be proud to be a criminal.  I'd hope you'd be too.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:15:39 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So you're not going to answer the question then

I'll try again.  If YOU get to decide what laws are immoral and wrong, does everyone else get that same priviledge?  You are essentially saying that people should not follow any laws that they personally don't like, by the arbitrary standard of "immoral" or "wrong"

Is that really the society you want to live in?

No, of course not.   However, there comes a time where governments and checks and balances fail.
Blacks weren't allowed to own fire arms under Jim Crow, yet they were hunted by the Klan.   Their owning a gun made them a criminal defacto, and I applaud them at that time for being criminals.

There comes a time where social disobedience is the only way to maintain liberty and morality.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:19:08 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

If and when immoral laws become the only way to be legal (ie: forced chipping, etc) ), yes I'd be proud to be a criminal.  I'd hope you'd be too.

The only way I can see something like THAT becoming reality would be a tyranny, and no longer a free society.

Under a tyranny, OF COURSE there is no obligation to obey repressive laws.  You are I are completely on the same page on that

However, in a free society, with universal suffrage, and institutions like the supreme court and a legal system that is accessible to everyone - I sincerely believe that individuals picking and choosing which laws to obey (based on arbitraty personal interpretations of what is "immoral" and "wrong" ) is the way to anarachy.  In fact, that kind of attitude could very much destroy our free society and create a tyranny.

Read Plato's Republic - tyranny often results from a strong leader who is able to bring ORDER.  If lots of people thought like you, we woudl be headed for anrachy, and tyranny would be the next step.

Congratulations - you destroyed a free society!    Just kidding - we're probably more on the same page than we realize, and are probably just arguing about semantics.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:20:54 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

It is not the job of individual citizens to pick and choose what laws they feel like following, based on personal interpretations of what is "right" and "wrong"

That way lies ANARCHY.

Don't for one second doubt that Anarchy is EXACTLY what CG wants.  I run into his ilk every day, and I can tell you that whether doper or car thief, degradation of society is one of his fondest hopes.

He may not even be able to put it into words or even acknowledge it, but that's where he wants to go.  You see, it's all about HIM and the stuff he wants to get away with.  He has a lot of company here.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:22:00 PM EDT
[#38]
give her the chair for all I care
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:22:26 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That way lies ANARCHY.

Don't for one second doubt that Anarchy is EXACTLY what CG wants.  I run into his ilk every day, and I can tell you that whether doper or car thief, degradation of society is one of his fondest hopes.

He may not even be able to put it into words or even acknowledge it, but that's where he wants to go.  You see, it's all about HIM and the stuff he wants to get away with.  He has a lot of company here.

Uhh.  Wow, you certainly have incredible observational skillz.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:22:56 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That way lies ANARCHY.

Honestly - even though I don't know CeramicGod, I think you are being way to hard on him.

I don't know his age, but I suspect he is younger than you and I - because we're so old and wise .
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:23:47 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Well stop the fucking world!

Um...pride in ones work is a good thing, but was this really worth a grand announcement?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:23:52 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree with you.

However, if she is under 18, it will be wiped off her record, so it's not the end of the world.

Hopefully, it will not spoil her chances of going to school, if she had that as a goal.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:25:03 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, and in some states oral sex is illegal. Would you be okay with having a criminal record for such an offense?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:25:47 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

How young? under 21?  It's a crime to posess alcohol or tobacco at that age too.   Dopeheads want mj treated the same as booze and cigs, well, there you go!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:25:56 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, and in some states oral sex is illegal. Would you be okay with having a criminal record for such an offense?

Crap !

Now you got me.  I could potentially be a huge hypocrite

I might have to side with CeramicGod after all now!  
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:26:29 PM EDT
[#46]
The founding fathers were all criminals, traitors even, under English law.  A little pot doesn't rise to that level, (a little tea does though) but a principal is a principal and the ballot box doesn't always work.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:27:11 PM EDT
[#47]
So, was it some high school kid that Mom and Dad called the cops on to scare her straight, or a college kid caught smoking in her dorm?

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That way lies ANARCHY.

Honestly - even though I don't know CeramicGod, I think you are being way to hard on him.

I don't know his age, but I suspect he is younger than you and I - because we're so old and wise .

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:30:43 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Locally, they will haul your sorry ass to jail if they find two seeds in your car.

... Is this correct?

... I know how to plant  two seeds in anyone's car.

... Dayum, we could rid the earth of a lot of scum [/sarcasm]

... sherrick13, I think the consensus of the good people of ARFCOM consider you an asshole in the highest order - Are you actually proud of yourself?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:31:14 PM EDT
[#50]
I cannot belive we have so many drugie sympathisers on this board.  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top