BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2005 2:49:35 PM EDT
Anyone have reviews of these boots?

likes/ dislikes

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 2:56:37 PM EDT
[#1]
And just what exactly do these boots do to counter terror?

j/k
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 2:57:56 PM EDT
[#2]
they stomp on it!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:04:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't think I could by them on the principle that it's the dumbest dam marketing name I've heard of.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:22:58 PM EDT
[#4]
WTF? Link?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:24:28 PM EDT
[#5]
you gotta be fucking kidding me.....Counter Terrorism boots?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:26:29 PM EDT
[#6]
not buying on the counter terrorism name, but the style and their supposed to be light.

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:29:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

j/k

I was going to ask that myself.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:30:02 PM EDT
[#8]
link or pics??
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:30:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Do they come with Counter Terrorism Laces, or do those cost extra? Can you get Counter Terrorism Socks?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:31:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Believe that is a generic name referring to the m-9's and m-6's
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:33:44 PM EDT
[#11]
My counter terrorism toilet paper seems to be malfunctioning.  Esapecially after mexican night.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:37:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
My counter terrorism toilet paper seems to be malfunctioning.  Esapecially after mexican night.

That's bad news there. I assume you have a backup roll.  I'm going to go downstairs and have an Anti-Insurgency vodka & cranberry in a Tactical Pro-Democracy highball glass, and check my own preparedness, Counter Terrorism-wise.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:40:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Be careful, that could prove deadly should you encounter a Fedayeen burrito.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:40:28 PM EDT
[#14]
as for links ,  go to galls.com and under Bates boots
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:12:07 PM EDT
[#15]
There are better assault boots out there. The Oakley boots still have a following, as do Adidas GSG-9s. Danner makes assault boots now as well. My experience with Bates has been less than stellar. I would use them if they were cheap(really cheap), but I wouldn't pay full price for them.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:12:50 PM EDT
[#16]
They have tac rails on them or sumpin?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:50:58 PM EDT
[#17]
where can i get a pair of oakleys cheap??

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:52:15 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
They have tac rails on them or sumpin?

They come with EOTechs, so no matter your head position, you can see exactly where your foot is going to come down.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:12:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Are these things in anyway special?  Do they have a terrorist sphincter heat seaking sensor mounted in the steel toes or something so you could put a boot right up his ass?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:14:01 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Are these things in anyway special?  Do they have a terrorist sphincter heat seaking sensor and high-velocity lube dispenser mounted in the steel toes or something so you could put a boot right up his ass?

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:15:01 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

j/k

Treading upon terror with every step.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:04:28 PM EDT
[#22]
I've read some good feedback on the M-9, one of the guys at lightfighter's forums loves them. I run the 5.11 boot and it works great for me.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:15:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Do they have counter-terrorism Odor-eaters?

You can't fight terrorism with stinky feet, ya know.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:02:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Are they anything like the special ninja boots that allow you to climb walls?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:07:56 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Are they anything like the special ninja boots that allow you to climb walls?

No. They're like Anti-Gravity boots. Their presence prevents terrorism. The area of coverage depends on the power setting.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:10:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Is Osama's face printed on the soles?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:13:09 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I guess "Tactical" is losing it's edge in the world of sales promotion terms.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:13:14 AM EDT
[#28]
I will never trust Bates footwear ever again.  I was wearing a pair that literally disintegrated as I was walking across an airport in Japan.  By the time I got to the U.S., I was literally walking barefoot.  The entire sole has sloughed off on both feet.

Craziest thing that ever happened.  I suspect that the inferior materials used reacted badly to the fumes from a mop that was stored in the same closet.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:13:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Here they are

Bates - Counter Terrosim Series Boot  
SKU: BAT-472
Brand: Bates

Designed as part of Bates Counter Terrorism Series, this boot has it all.  It is a 9" Gore-Tex, Insulated Waterproof Size Zip Boot.  This boot features 200g Thinsulate™ insulation, Vibram® Mutant outsoles, and non-metallic stealth components.  Sizes: M 7-12, 13; W 7-12, 13

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:17:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:18:38 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Here they are

www.atlantictactical.com/productcart/pc/catalog/bates/2500pair.jpg

Bates - Counter Terrosim Series Boot  
SKU: BAT-472
Brand: Bates

Designed as part of Bates Counter Terrorism Series, this boot has it all.  It is a 9" Gore-Tex, Insulated Waterproof Size Zip Boot.  This boot features 200g Thinsulate™ insulation, Vibram® Mutant outsoles, and non-metallic stealth components.  Sizes: M 7-12, 13; W 7-12, 13

Ooooooohhh! Stealth components!

Does that mean you won't get picked up on radar when you parachute in deep behind enemy lines?

I wonder if they'll block radar detectors from seeing how fast I'm going too?

Can I get them with the special spiderman soles that will allow me to walk on ceilings and walls?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:59:10 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Does that mean you won't get picked up on radar when you parachute in deep behind enemy lines?

Yes. Of course. But only your feet.

I wonder if they'll block radar detectors from seeing how fast I'm going too? Yes, when you're on foot and the radar is aimed at your shoes.

Can I get them with the special spiderman soles that will allow me to walk on ceilings and walls?

NO. Those are Anti-Gravity boots. Please read the thread before posting.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:15:51 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wonder if they'll block radar detectors from seeing how fast I'm going too? Yes, when you're on foot and the radar is aimed at your shoes.

But I want the best of both worlds. If they can't do both then they are obviously crappy boots.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:18:42 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But I want the best of both worlds. If they can't do both then they are obviously crappy boots.

I guess you could get the Counter Terrorism Boots and wear them with a pair of Anti-Gravity Galoshes from Brigade Quartermaster. Remember to order the Galoshes 2 sizes larger than your regular shoe size.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:20:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:20:38 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess "Tactical" is losing it's edge in the world of sales promotion terms.

I was thinking the same thing.  I guess we got us a new buzz-word.

Expect there to be Counter Terrorism gloves, Counter Terrorism wallets, Counter Terrorism keychains, and Counter Terrorism watch bands coming to an online retailer near you.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:25:04 AM EDT
[#37]
This footwear of war has no place in civilian hands. Someone call the VPC.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:57:04 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess you could get the Counter Terrorism Boots and wear them with a pair of Anti-Gravity Galoshes from Brigade Quartermaster. Remember to order the Galoshes 2 sizes larger than your regular shoe size.

Any counter-terrorism expert knows that you don't wear anti-gravity galoshes over stealth-counter terrorism boots.

That's only for airsofters, and keyboard commandoes.

The real deal SOF-CT guys all get anti-gravity boots and put counter terrosim stealth galoshes over the anti-gravity boots.

Stealth CT boots with anti-gravity galoshes OVER them kind of defeats the purpose of having stealth technology.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:13:19 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any counter-terrorism expert knows that you don't wear anti-gravity galoshes over stealth-counter terrorism boots.

That's only for airsofters, and keyboard commandoes.

The real deal SOF-CT guys all get anti-gravity boots and put counter terrosim stealth galoshes over the anti-gravity boots.

Stealth CT boots with anti-gravity galoshes OVER them kind of defeats the purpose of having stealth technology.

Good point. I need to make it clear that I'm neither an operator nor a wannabe, just a patriotic American who believes in preparedness. I'm just going by what I read in

UPSIDE-DOWN AND BACKWARDS

the journal of counter terrorism and anti-gravity operations

It's put out by the guys at SOF.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:47:15 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm Glad only one person in 39 replies actually helped me in finding reviews.

Should have said Bates M9 reviews then i wouldnt have got all this stupid crap.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:07:17 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I'm Glad only one person in 39 replies actually helped me in finding reviews.

Should have said Bates M9 reviews then i wouldnt have got all this stupid crap.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top