Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2005 4:56:36 PM EDT
After going through the hurricanes and having family/friends coming and going due to the situation, I have decided  to buy 3-5 cheaper surplus long guns to have on hand to arm my personal refugees if needed. (I get my AR or nice 12 guage)
I want to know opinions about C&R rifles (I want some anyway), why doesn't anyone seem to like SKS's, and what about some of the import shot guns?  
Ammo has to be affordable, not some weird caliber.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:57:54 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
After going through the hurricanes and having family/friends coming and going due to the situation, I have decided  to buy 3-5 cheaper surplus long guns to have on hand to arm my personal refugees if needed. (I get my AR or nice 12 guage)
I want to know opinions about C&R rifles (I want some anyway), why doesn't anyone seem to like SKS's, and what about some of the import shot guns?  
Ammo has to be affordable, not some weird caliber.
Thanks.

Says who??
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:00:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I like SKS's.  Cheap.  Moderately accurate.  Cheap to shoot.

What's not to like?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:01:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Price - value - cheap ammo = SKS.  Can do no better.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:02:20 PM EDT
[#4]
another vote for the SKS
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:59:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Also good to consider would be Mosin-Nagants or Enfield No1 Mk3's.  Both are cheap and simple to operate, though I hear that the Nagant carbines have a substantial recoil.  I'd go Enfield, but then, I just really like Enfields.

Hell, SKS is probably the best combination of firepower, price, toughness and simple-to useness (especially with its comparatively light recoil).
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:00:41 PM EDT
[#6]
m24 cheap and deadly.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:01:20 PM EDT
[#7]
SKS or M-44
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:21:18 AM EDT
[#8]
BTT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top