Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2005 4:28:36 AM EDT
Yup. So they tell us not to eat or drink anything in public during daylight so we don't offend anyone but it's ok for them to shit all over the god damn toilet seat in the bathroom and I'm supposed be ok with that??
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:39:57 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Yup. So they tell us not to eat or drink anything in public during daylight so we don't offend anyone...

There is pressure on you to observe Ramadan? I find that hard to believe.

P.S. We needed another Ramadan thread! Those others were getting stale.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:42:43 AM EDT
[#2]
For the bext 2 weeks I intend to feast on large quantities of pork.

In public.

CMOS
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:45:29 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
For the bext 2 weeks I intend to feast on large quantities of pork.

In public.

CMOS

Hell yes. I just fried up 2 lbs of bacon for the grease, a couple days ago. It smelled really nice.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:50:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yup. So they tell us not to eat or drink anything in public during daylight so we don't offend anyone...

Not pressured to observe it, but, we have been told to not eat or drink in public during the day. Whether you believe it or not is up to you. I know what I was told.

Also, didn't force you to click on the thread so I can't help you there either.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:53:34 AM EDT
[#5]
i always offer them some food during this time of year!

but i get along with all of the muslim guys at my work and we joke around all the time.
i even try to get them to eat pork when i have some at work.

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:54:36 AM EDT
[#6]
s1rGr1nG0 what kind of work you do?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:55:05 AM EDT
[#7]
I had a Jack & Coke & Brat in honor of the ROP .
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:01:23 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not pressured to observe it, but, we have been told to not eat or drink in public during the day. Whether you believe it or not is up to you. I know what I was told.

Dude, seriously? They told you at work not to eat or drink in public so as not to offend them?

Really, what do you do....if it is your employeer saying that I'd tell 'em to fuck off, and eat a few sausage and bacon McMuffins for breakfast, pork chops for lunch, and pork rinds for snacks...all while in the most public of areas.

Don't offend them...indeed. Also don't take offense when they drive planes into buildings, or if they happen to kill your kids at school, or blow up your parents on a bus...
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:09:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Who told you not to eat or drink in public?

No one has told me that.

On a side note October is Sarcasm Month!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:10:02 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude, seriously? They told you at work not to eat or drink in public so as not to offend them?

Really, what do you do....if it is your employeer saying that I'd tell 'em to fuck off, and eat a few sausage and bacon McMuffins for breakfast, pork chops for lunch, and pork rinds for snacks...all while in the most public of areas.

Don't offend them...indeed. Also don't take offense when they drive planes into buildings, or if they happen to kill your kids at school, or blow up your parents on a bus...

Yes, I was told that by my employer. I'm a contractor working in the Middle East.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:30:47 AM EDT
[#11]
And all this time I thought Ramadan was that noodle stuff in the square plastic package.   I used to eat that stuff all the time in the field.  

Don't they have Ramadan noodles with the pork seasoning packet?

1 canteen cup of water + heat tab + Ramadan noodles = good eating!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:31:48 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Yes, I was told that by my employer. I'm a contractor working in the Middle East.

Ahh, well that explains it....You might want to be careful there...one of those fuckers may grab you and cut off your head with a dull knife for offending their religion....
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:40:04 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
And all this time I thought Ramadan was that noodle stuff in the square plastic package.   I used to eat that stuff all the time in the field.  

Don't they have Ramadan noodles with the pork seasoning packet?

1 canteen cup of water + heat tab + Ramadan noodles = good eating!

LOL! I lived off those waaaaay back in the day.
I try to stay away from the chili flavored ones now cause they...uhhh...burn my ass to put it bluntly!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:42:28 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahh, well that explains it....You might want to be careful there...one of those fuckers may grab you and cut off your head with a dull knife for offending their religion....

Yeah we are as careful as we can be. Here in Kuwait it's not too bad but ya just never know. Basically for the next few weeks it'll be straight to work and straight back to our living quarters. No fucking around with the ROP'ers who haven't eaten all day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top