Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2005 6:38:54 PM EDT
This is a theory on my part, but I believe Bush is screwing with Democrats by nominating Harriet Miers.  In other words, he is expecting she won't be confirmed and has someone else in mind.  Democrats will be spending all their political capital fighting Miers and will be forced to support a more qualified, yet-to-be-named candidate.

Miers has a history of opposing abortion rights and has been an activist, urging other lawyers to oppose abortion.

You heard it here first:  Miers will be shot down when it comes to her confirmation hearing.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:40:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, there are an awful lot of Dems that are supporting her - already.

That alone worries me.

CMOS
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:41:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Miers has a history of opposing abortion rights and has been an activist, urging other lawyers to oppose abortion.

You heard it here first:  Miers will be shot down when it comes to her confirmation hearing.

How can you oppose a right that doesn't exist???

I beleive she'll be confirmed, as she's in the Roberts mold - too non-descript to have any dirt on her.

Anyway, by the time we learn what she really is, it'll be too late to do anything about it.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:41:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Or I heard it in this thread first.

Or maybe it was this thread?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:43:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn, I thought I was thinking outside the box!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top