Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2005 5:27:26 AM EDT
Got a couple flyers in the mail about a sale they're having, each flyer has an unique number on it.  Show up in person, if your number matches, you win a $5,000 gift certificate.  Was tempted, but buying from EE, internet, local gun shows I didn't need anything that would justify a 55 mile round trip and 2 hours of my time, but would hate to piss away $5000 too.

Anyway a ARFCOM buddy pulled through, attended the sale a day before I planned to go, emailed me the winning number, it didn't match the one's on my flyer, so I decided not to go.  Saved $7 or so on gas

I feel a little bit guilty but I'll get over it.

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:50:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last nite.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:52:51 AM EDT
[#2]
The last place I want to be is at a gun store during a sale.  I go to my favorite fun shop on their slow days and usually at the very end of the day so I get one-on-one service.  But it's nice you could save a little $$.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:39:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Remember a few years ago, I lent you $7.00?  I see you have an extra $7.00, I would hope you would pay your debt.    

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:49:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
 Saved $7 or so on gas

Well 7 bucks, plus you probably would have made some small sympathy purchaes because you drove all the way there, so you might as well gte something.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top