Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2005 9:42:10 PM EDT
Hey Folks.  I was hoping for some help with this new phone I've got.  

I bought this unlocked version of the Razr and it's awesome so far.  I am wondering if there is any "cool" stuff I may be able to find online for it.  Mostly things like added features that I can download, and / or Firmware patches, updates..etc.  

The thing connects directly to my PC and since I used to be a Computer Techie guy back in the day - I bet there's some cool stuff out there, I'm just out of the loop these days.  

Does anyone know of any ways to tweak this groovy little phone?

Thanks,
Robert

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:43:15 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hey Folks.  I was hoping for some help with this new phone I've got.  

I bought this unlocked version of the Razr and it's awesome so far.  I am wondering if there is any "cool" stuff I may be able to find online for it.  Mostly things like added features that I can download, and / or Firmware patches, updates..etc.  

The thing connects directly to my PC and since I used to be a Computer Techie guy back in the day - I bet there's some cool stuff out there, I'm just out of the loop these days.  

Does anyone know of any ways to tweak this groovy little phone?

Thanks,
Robert

cellphoneforums.net/

www.howardforums.com/
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:43:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:59:33 PM EDT
[#3]
You can edit the seems (motorola's type files) and update firmware. Note however there is no easy step-by-step help that I have seen. Lots of jumbled instructions and tips using oddball app software. If you screw it up, the phone will die. Wanted to play around myself, but too much conflicting/poor info on doing it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:02:21 PM EDT
[#4]
The definitive V3 Mod guide....

Link
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:27:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You can edit the seems (motorola's type files) and update firmware. Note however there is no easy step-by-step help that I have seen. Lots of jumbled instructions and tips using oddball app software. If you screw it up, the phone will die. Wanted to play around myself, but too much conflicting/poor info on doing it.

Holy cow!  You weren't kidding.  I've been reading those links since I posted that question and I haven't even figured out where to get the software I need to start.  haha.  

I'm in way over my head.  I'm going to stay happy with a working phone for now.

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:35:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Holy cow!  You weren't kidding.  I've been reading those links since I posted that question and I haven't even figured out where to get the software I need to start.  haha.  

First get Motorola Phone tools.  This will allow you to change pictures and ringtones.  Like put in and edit MP3 files.  It will also let you put pics you take on you phone in you computer.

It is a neccesary first step.  If you want to take off the brand stuff, change the outside screen pic or do someother stuff you need other programs.  Read the link I gave.  It spells it all out.  It is all correct and totally useful.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:40:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought a RAZR and a V635 at the same time, with the intent of modding the shit out of them, seem edits, new flashes, etc etc.. to be perfectly honest, Moto Phone Tools was all I really needed. Pics and ringtones are cool, but a solid reliable phone is more important than anything, to me anyway.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:22:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

First get Motorola Phone tools.  This will allow you to change pictures and ringtones.  Like put in and edit MP3 files.  It will also let you put pics you take on you phone in you computer.

It is a neccesary first step.  If you want to take off the brand stuff, change the outside screen pic or do someother stuff you need other programs.  Read the link I gave.  It spells it all out.  It is all correct and totally useful.

Is the Motorola Phone Tools the same as the "Mobile Phone Tools" I got with the phone?  This is an unlocked phone that I transferred my Cingular chip to from another phone.  I was reading about updating flashes, and Bootloaders...etc.  After digging deeper, I found some updated flashes from my current version, but one of them recommended updating the Bootloader.  

Then I read about some necessary software to do it with, but no references on how to get it.  

I think I'll just be content until I can get more details.  

Thanks for the help!

Robert

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:06:22 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is the Motorola Phone Tools the same as the "Mobile Phone Tools" I got with the phone?  This is an unlocked phone that I transferred my Cingular chip to from another phone.  I was reading about updating flashes, and Bootloaders...etc.  After digging deeper, I found some updated flashes from my current version, but one of them recommended updating the Bootloader.  

Then I read about some necessary software to do it with, but no references on how to get it.  

I think I'll just be content until I can get more details.  

Thanks for the help!

Robert

Yeah.  But its a product of Motorola so alot of people call it that.  Or simply MPT.

Send me an email.

later
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top