Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2005 10:49:52 AM EDT
The gun store here has been selling pistols and shotguns like hotcakes in the aftermath of the hurricanes. I was in there a few days ago and watched a catholic priest buy a gun for self protection when he goes to help in NO. He chose a glock.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:53:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Did he have a CCW
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:54:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Sure, that's what he SAID.

Probably plans to abduct altar boys.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:57:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Sure, that's what he SAID.

Probably plans to abduct altar boys.   hr

"rimshot"
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:57:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
He chose a glock.

And ya'll thought that the "perfection" tag was just marketing hype.

The priest just thought to himself, "What would Jesus shoot?"

SBG

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:58:06 AM EDT
[#5]

One of my hunting buddies is a priest.  The best hunter I've met in Fl is a 92 yo priest who lives on 100 acres and is also a taxidermist.  He has more guns and trophies on the walls than Teddy Roosevelt.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:05:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I know they wouldn't give me his name, but if you will please sent me the gun shop's name and address, I would like to send the Priest, through them, a St. Gabrial Possenti* metal.

www.possentisociety.com/

* The Patron Saint of Handgunners.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:06:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I can picture it now:

"Son, I forgive you. Now its time to meet your maker."
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:07:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The best hunter I've met in Fl is a 92 yo priest

All that experience stalking altar boys paid off.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:12:19 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
He chose a glock.

SBG

rofl
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:22:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The gun store here has been selling pistols and shotguns like hotcakes in the aftermath of the hurricanes. I was in there a few days ago and watched a catholic priest buy a gun for self protection when he goes to help in NO. He chose a glock.

Once again, this demonstrates the differences between Catholics and Protestants.
Catholics choose Glocks.
Protestants choose the Word and the Light, which was revealed to us in the year of our Lord Nineteen Hundred and Eleven, by His servant, John Moses Browning.

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:25:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He also served in the USMC in WWII.  Be kinda cool to send your dumb ass back 50 years and tell him that to his face.

ETA- My bad - I'm fairly sure he could still kick your ass.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:30:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Not sure if there's an official side arm of Catholic priests, but I know a Marine Chaplain who packed a Berretta 92, and used it too on a burglar who broke into the rectory one night. Of course the thief got away (cause it was a 9mm)!

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:31:01 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Once again, this demonstrates the differences between Catholics and Protestants.
Catholics choose Glocks.
Protestants choose the Word and the Light, which was revealed to us in the year of our Lord Nineteen Hundred and Eleven, by His servant, John Moses Browning.

I'm catholic and I got a 1911

me--><--you
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:32:14 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Catholics choose Glocks.

me--><--you

Guess I just got pwn3d.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:32:18 AM EDT
[#15]
I think my pastor likes Colt SAA revolvers...he posted a sign "Blessed are the Peacemakers...."

But I think that was just an anti-gun sign outside the nave.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:32:48 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
He also served in the USMC in WWII.  Be kinda cool to send your dumb ass back 50 years and tell him that to his face.

He'd do what with my ass?? I was never an altar boy.

(Just joking, don't get too worked up.)
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:33:12 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
"What would Jesus shoot?"

Uzi.

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:33:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Good for him!

He'll realize he was wrong, repent his sin, and come back for a 1911 though...  

Edit: The "What would Jesus shoot?" thing is bunk. We all know He can call down artillery...  
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:39:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Glocks have been a real hot seller there, tons of formerly non gun people are buying guns and want something non complex. This hurricane has made EVERYONE pro gun.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:43:45 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Catholics choose Glocks.

You'd have to be 5 or 6 rounds shy of a full magazine to choose a 1911 over a Glock g21.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:46:10 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Catholics choose Glocks.

me--><--you

Guess I just got pwn3d.

Thats ok, you good kid
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:46:26 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Glocks have been a real hot seller there, tons of formerly non gun people are buying guns and want something non complex. This hurricane has made EVERYONE pro gun.

What is that saying??  Oh yea....

There's no such thing as an atheist in a foxhole!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:47:37 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OWNED
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:49:51 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uzi.

That and a Desert Eagle !

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:55:15 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
He chose a glock.

SBG

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:56:57 AM EDT
[#26]
I can see it now....the father is being robbed, and he tells the robber: "Forgiveness is between you and God....my job is to arrange the meeting".

See my sig line.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:59:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:00:50 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Catholics choose Glocks.

Yeah, but I think Browning was a Mormon.  I believe the histories of Browning and Mormonism are intertwined.  I was reading a tourist promo for the city of Nauvoo IL and they mentioned the "Browning House".

Regardless, the issue of the priest buying a handgun just proves that people that THINK realize the limitations of police protection, etc..  Obviously the priest is a conservative, as libs only FEEL, not THINK.

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:59:56 PM EDT
[#29]
What to the Swiss Pikeman carry under their robes at the Vatican?  Thats pretty close to a offically blessed firearm, whatever it is
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:31:33 PM EDT
[#30]
. double tap
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:33:33 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
He chose a glock.

SBG

+1
Jesus and Gaston are cousins you know.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Catholics choose Glocks.

me--><--you

Guess I just got pwn3d.

I'm protestant and a proud Glock owner.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:49:26 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
What to the Swiss Pikeman carry under their robes at the Vatican?  Thats pretty close to a offically blessed firearm, whatever it is

I think they use Sig 9mm's, they are Swiss after all.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:52:42 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Why would he need that?  The stories of murder and mayhem were all Right-wing hysteria, remember?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:55:12 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Good for him!

He'll realize he was wrong, repent his sin, and come back for a 1911 though...  

Edit: The "What would Jesus shoot?" thing is bunk. We all know He can call down artillery...  

Lightning: Jesus' Taser.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:56:04 PM EDT
[#35]
I've gone hunting with several Catholic priests.  I don't see any problem with them carrying.  Patty
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:08:44 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think they use Sig 9mm's, they are Swiss after all.

The Swiss Guard pikemen carry... well... halberds.  It's the Swiss guards you don't see who carry the MP5s (I was in Rome and heard someone ask a Swiss guard that, and that was his answer).
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:19:18 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I think they carry what the Swiss issue.

At least in WW2 they had the same small arms. I looked around when somebody here bought Vatican issue ammo and posted pics. Apparently the church doesn't like to talk about what the Swiss Guards are issued.

Although I'm pretty sure those halberds could ruin your day at close range.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:19:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Over the years i have sold a fair number of guns to catholic  priests.
Plus alot to various ministers and pastors of diffrent sorts
One catholic preist came in mid december 1999 and bought a beretta 92 and Bushmaster
i asked him if he knew something i didn't about Y2K
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:24:39 PM EDT
[#39]
A priest, a Rabbi and a Minister walk into a bar.
The bartender says "What is this, some kind of joke?"
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:25:17 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think they carry what the Swiss issue.

At least in WW2 they had the same small arms. I looked around when somebody here bought Vatican issue ammo and posted pics. Apparently the church doesn't like to talk about what the Swiss Guards are issued.

Although I'm pretty sure those halberds could ruin your day at close range.

The Swiss Guard also carry K31s.
A pic of the special ammo made for their Sigs and K31s

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:28:18 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Catholics choose Glocks.

John Browning was Mormon...
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:06:28 PM EDT
[#42]
My hunter safety teacher was a priest.  A very good hunter too.  At the end of the class (6th graders at the time) he took us all out shooting and brought all his guns.  He had a couple shotguns and a bolt action rifle, but he had an EXTENSIVE collection of revolvers - 38s, 357s and many, many saturday night special .22s.  Pretty cool in my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:13:00 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uzi.

Full sized, mini or micro?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top