Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2005 9:19:29 AM EDT
i'm thinking about the vaquero w/ 5.5 barrel in 45 LC.

how do they shoot?

any recommendations?

thanks

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:21:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Generally they are pretty good revolvers. Most folks that buy one seem to like them pretty well.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:27:34 AM EDT
[#2]
You'll love it!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:40:54 AM EDT
[#3]
if your used to real saa's you will think their kinda wonky. due to all of rugers "improvements".
but they do work quite well

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:43:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I love mine !

Mine is exactly like your picture.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:46:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a ruger vaquero just like the one pictured. Shoots great and to the point of aim strait out of the box. It is acurate out to 100 yards(great for showing off if you know your loads).
I also have a vaquero with a 4 5/8 barrell in 45colt/45acp. This one is real fun to shoot also.

I say buy it, shoot it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:56:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Weird, they have one on sale here (used) like the picture for $350 and I was thinking of buying it...

I wanted a 45 LC (cowboy type shooter)

but this one is 357 which I am thinking would be good to learn on as
I would like to get the cowboy holster setup and learn to shoot from the hip (litterally).

My question on these was, 'what has ruger done to modify the single action revolver
that might not make it a good cowboy action shooting gun?'

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top